*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Yep saw magic heading out. As much as I would have liked toget to go on some of our cruise I wouldn't want to pay what we paid for half a cruise. We're here with friends and will still get to spend the rest of our week with them. And that was THE main point of this week. Some new ports would have also been nice though. Oh well, guess we'll get to explore Galveston

And as far as I'm concerned Rci has been top notch in compensation. Especially since none of this was their fault. One good thing is we won't have to worry about fog delay on Sunday.

Erika

Wonder how the Navigator passengers are feeling about now, watching the Magic sailaway & the Triumph going later............. bummer. :(

Maybe RC made a hasty decision? :eek:

Feel bad for the folks on the Navigator.

I'd sure be ticked off. Even a short cruise to nowhere would have been better than this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Good to see one sail finally. One of 4...with one more later today. Hope the Magic can evade oil on the way out since they will probably serve as a test vessel for other ships...pick up too much oil and maybe more cleanup before the let other ships out...not too much and a quick hull scrub once offshore will be all that's needed.

Dh and I just took a drive down seawall east then back up Harborside. Had to laugh that, living on an island, we can't get to the water at the channel:rolleyes:

All access to east beach, even end of the seawall is closed to all traffic.

Could go no further than access road to Beachtown.

Gulf water is beautiful and beaches look pristine today.

Will head over to Olympia at Pier 21 at 4pm for happy hour - tuna and tini's - $3:D

Edited by Galveston Cruiser

Caribbean Princess has left also, is coming down the channel now according to Marine Traffic dot com.

Looks like a tug is next to Triumph and a guy is spraying her off at the bow too.

Edited by BecciBoo

Royal Caribbean is in an awkward situation. If Navigator stays, passengers watching the other ships leave may not be happy, and if Navigator departs, passengers who disembarked because they were told the cruise was cancelled probably won't be very happy.

Now they are pulling Triumph out into the channel, they've been spraying her bow for the last hour. Looks like she will make it out too.

Magic is headed for Grand Cayman according to their boards.

Looks like the CG is inspecting her starboard hull area.

Edited by BecciBoo

I guess its a bummer, but no one has a right to be angry as they are being reimbursed for the whole cruise plus another 25% off their next cruise.

We are fine with it and plan to stay on Navigator until Friday or so. Going to the ice show at 4, then to specialty dining at Sabor tonight, and then entertainment tonight. Tomorrow we are going to explore Gslveston.

We got a free land based trip with good food and amenities, and are getting it free plus 25% off another cruise.

I would rather do this than have an abbreviated cruise.

When life gives you lemons, ask the concierge to make you a lemon drop martini. Here's mine I'm drinking on the Navigator of the seas.

repy2u8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd sure be ticked off. Even a short cruise to nowhere would have been better than this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

To each his own, but after electing to leave today I'm very happy with RCI's decision. I signed up for a seven day cruise, not hanging out in the port until the coast guard finally gave approval, and then a cruise to nowhere.

When life gives you lemons, ask the concierge to make you a lemon drop martini. Here's mine I'm drinking on the Navigator of the seas.

That's the right attitude girl! It could be much worse folks...I am sitting at work!!! LoL

repy2u8a.jpg

Hi Karen:

Can't beat a good Martini:D

We are off to Olympia at Pier 21 for some Tuna and Tini's at Happy Hour.

Will feel odd seeing the Navigator docked during the week:)

We will ALL enjoy our May 25th cruise;)

Mary

Hi Karen:

Can't beat a good Martini:D

We are off to Olympia at Pier 21 for some Tuna and Tini's at Happy Hour.

Will feel odd seeing the Navigator docked during the week:)

We will ALL enjoy our May 25th cruise;)

Mary

If you have time to meet us for a meal Wed or thurs at noon or so, send me an email.

Internetwhiz52@gmail.com

Just read on the roll call that the captain has decided to drain the pools and that the hot tubs are already closed. Why would they do this? That's a huge source of entertainment especially for those with kids. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Navigator. Woohoo. Sailing to Coz in the am. Be back Sunday. We get to still have a free trip. Lol.

That is just outstanding.

I kinda liked what you had planned earlier when you were going to just stay on board with friends till Friday but Navigator is going to give you just a little smidgen of a cruise to Coz. Either way was good but enjoy the view in the Gulf.