*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Cindy, have. A great cruise next week. Take good care of her - we will get on as you get off on 13th. Was hoping we would finally meet, we've had the 13th booked for several months and wanted to add either the 6th or 20th for a b2b. Ended up adding the 20th, the deal was too good to pass up!!

Pete, will be thinking of Marilyn and praying surgery is a success on Fri. Will miss you guys on the 13th.

Carla you are just cruising toooooo much! Stop that!:cool: she said with envy

Yeah. holding a balcony for this summer that is nearly the same price we got a Grand Suite for in the fall. Probably not going to make final payment on it, just resisting the cruise urge due to the $$$. If the last minute deal pops up, then we might grab it....But a summer balcony priced nearly the same as a fall GS just does not make sense...

Earlier this week while pricing out September 14, I found something "interesting." I first priced an inside for two people which came to $519 including an either old folks or senior discount.

Then I priced out an inside for three people. Guess what? The base fare was now $699 but the third person was "free." They dutifully listed $273 or thereabouts as the third person fare and then removed it for the final price. What they didn't include was the aforementioned senior/resident discount which was worth $100 each. So bottom line was the third person was not exactly free (lol).

Oh well, no free lunches. The price now has gone up considerably.

Tucker in Texas

We're on our way to Galveston. I don't think the weather could be much gloomier, but the Navigator was on time, so I'm counting my blessings!

Have a great and relaxing cruise :) And Happy Birthday a little early :D

LOL Hey, just can't pass up these last minute deals that RCCL is offering!!

Hi! The hubs & I were just talking about, when we retire what the possibilities of "last minute" cruising would be out of Galveston. We wondered how close to the sailing date can you book? He's thinking we could get a great rate by booking last minute.... ??? How last minute is last minute? THANKS is advance....

Cindy, please post whether you get the 3 drink vouchers as well as lounge access. Also, I understand from another post that Ricardo was ill and off the ship either last week or the week before. Please advise if he is back and if not, who is filling in for him. Sure hope he is OK.

Lynn...that depends on if the ship is fully booked or not...remember we booked our after refurb 4 day cruise in Feb. the day before we sailed! Didn't find out what cabin we got until we rolled into Galveston around 12 noon the next day...it was a guarantee and we got the virtual bal.

Lynn...that depends on if the ship is fully booked or not...remember we booked our after refurb 4 day cruise in Feb. the day before we sailed! Didn't find out what cabin we got until we rolled into Galveston around 12 noon the next day...it was a guarantee and we got the virtual bal.

THANKS! Becci we were on that sailing too!! We booked MONTHS in advance & then saw a price drop & got a balcony for $569!!!

I guess he's thinking that if we waited til the last minute (assuming the day before) and the ship is NOT full....... we'd get it on the cheap. But I'm sure it's different for each sailing.

So you can book the day before a sailing? That's just what I needed to know. :D

Live From Navigator -- First Impressions:

We have the drink vouchers on our card as well as access to the two lounges (we're in a GS).

C&A coupons are loaded onto our cards.

The Texas liquor laws seem even more restrictive than I remember. This is the first time I've seen an explanation in my cabin of what they can and can't serve. I sure hope we leave on time so I can have some decent wine at dinner!

They've changed the traffic flow outside the terminal. Arriving passengers go to the outside lane, and departing passengers are picked up in the lane closest to the terminal. A lot of people were confused and cutting over at the last minute

We got in line about 11:00. It's still very congested outside the terminal and security is slow. Once we got through security we were on the ship in about 5 minutes.

The little I've seen of the ship so far looks beautiful. I love the new cabin decor and color scheme. The exception is the Concierge Lounge. It's as dreary as ever, and still has the same funky smell...I can't describe it, it's just weird.

There's no lounge chair on my balcony. :(

We're already unpacked and the suitcases are put away. We're off to explore!

Cindy, please post whether you get the 3 drink vouchers as well as lounge access. Also, I understand from another post that Ricardo was ill and off the ship either last week or the week before. Please advise if he is back and if not, who is filling in for him. Sure hope he is OK.

I haven't seen him yet, but I'm pretty sure he's back because we got an e-mail from him earlier in the week.

Galvestoncruiser and I just disembarked from day sail on the Elissa TallShip in Galveston.

We were out in the Gulf and the weather was wonderful.

The sun was even peaking thru at times.

Y'all enjoy your cruise:D

It was nice to see both cruise ships from water while we were coming back into port.

Wish we had been doing b2b!!!

Edited by ssb

The lounge chairs have been removed for safety reasons...we requested one and it should be delivered. According to Ricardo, people drank too much and then they fell off their chairs. Sounds like a tall tale to me!

The weather's better than I expected. Hey, it's not raining and it's not foggy. We appear to be on time -- we were down in Schooner Bar about 3:15, and we saw crew bringing in all the boarding gear.

The lounge chairs have been removed for safety reasons...we requested one and it should be delivered. According to Ricardo, people drank too much and then they fell off their chairs. Sounds like a tall tale to me!

The weather's better than I expected. Hey, it's not raining and it's not foggy. We appear to be on time -- we were down in Schooner Bar about 3:15, and we saw crew bringing in all the boarding gear.

Fell off their lounge chair:eek::confused::eek: Have a great time:)

Cindy, just got home to see Carnival pulling away from pier. I suspect you're at Muster. Won't be long. :D

Keep in touch and Bon Voyage!

VR,

T Lex