*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Not sure how many have seen the "Quantum to China" announcement, and the resulting mega-thread started last night, but part of the ripple effect explains why they've waited so long to release the 2015 Galveston itineraries, and why now Navigator is staying in Galveston, at least through November 2015 and likely quite a bit longer.

Quantum is being sent to China as of summer 2015, and Liberty is going to NY/NJ to replace it for that market. Of course, that leaves Galveston with Navigator, and I'm betting significantly delays the timeframe for a larger ship arriving for Galveston now.

Not sure how many have seen the "Quantum to China" announcement, and the resulting mega-thread started last night, but part of the ripple effect explains why they've waited so long to release the 2015 Galveston itineraries, and why now Navigator is staying in Galveston, at least through November 2015 and likely quite a bit longer.

Quantum is being sent to China as of summer 2015, and Liberty is going to NY/NJ to replace it for that market. Of course, that leaves Galveston with Navigator, and I'm betting significantly delays the timeframe for a larger ship arriving for Galveston now.

Liberty coming to Galveston after leaving Bayonne when Anthem arrives there.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

SURPRISE!

Never ceases to amaze....I would bet that decision was directly affected by when work will be completed on the channel/terminal. May not see the bigger ship until 2016. O well, that is our 20 anniversary year...I see a another cruise in my future.

Edited by BecciBoo

Liberty in Nov. 2015 doing 6 and 8 night itineraries. According to a source on an unnamed site, it is listed in Cruising Power with dates but no prices yet.

Royal hasn't announced exact itineraries yet, but the "Quantum to China" press release confirms Liberty for the 2015/2016 winter season from Bayonne. So the soonest we'd see it in Galveston would be summer 2016 now, given no further changes.

I was hoping for some 9 or 10 nighters with Liberty to some different destinations.

I'm pretty sure the itineraries she's referencing are the Bayonne itineraries for Liberty. At least 2 full years away from any Galveston Liberty itineraries right now...

Royal hasn't announced exact itineraries yet, but the "Quantum to China" press release confirms Liberty for the 2015/2016 winter season from Bayonne. So the soonest we'd see it in Galveston would be summer 2016 now, given no further changes.

Read the press release here.... Liberty to move into Galveston Nov 2015 when Navigator leaves for FLL...

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1095/royal-caribbean-announces-2015-16-deployment-for-new-york-and-galveston/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Read the press release here.... Liberty to move into Galveston Nov 2015 when Navigator leaves for FLL...

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1095/royal-caribbean-announces-2015-16-deployment-for-new-york-and-galveston/

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the link. :)

Galveston is not available on line yet so I called....wow....the same cabin for the same time in March 2016 is $3500 more than I paid for Navigator this year....hopefully this is base rates and they will come down when they are available on line!

For those of you who live in Texas. We are starting out drive tonight to Kemah for our nos cruise Sunday. We are driving from Vegas. Anyone have any construction or stay away from roads or delays we should watch for ? Thank you. We are hoping to make it by 8 pm tomorrow night

Jamie

Galveston is not available on line yet so I called....wow....the same cabin for the same time in March 2016 is $3500 more than I paid for Navigator this year....hopefully this is base rates and they will come down when they are available on line!

Thanks to a Texas residency discount, we're in a Crown Loft on the Oasis the week before Thanksgiving that is about $1,300 per person LESS than a GS on the Navigator the same week. We love cruising out of Galveston, but at those prices I'll fly some place and experience something different. The GS difference was over $1500 each. I've never seen the Oasis or the Allure lower than a Voyager class ship.

Royal Caribbean is expanding again in Texas.

The line today announced plans to move the 3,634-passenger Liberty of the Seas to Galveston, Texas in late 2015 to take the place of the smaller, 3,114-passenger Navigator of the Seas.

As has been the case with Navigator, Liberty will be based in Galveston year-round and sail seven-night Western Caribbean cruises. It'll arrive in the city in November 2015 from New York, where it will spend the summer of 2015.

Navigator of the Seas, in turn, will move to Fort Lauderdale in November 2015 to offer six- and eight-night Caribbean sailings, Royal Caribbean revealed.

RELATED: Royal Caribbean to expand in China

PHOTO TOUR: Inside a Royal Caribbean ship

The line today also announced Brilliance of the Seas and Vision of the Seas will return to Tampa for the winter of 2015-16 to offer a variety of Caribbean itineraries.

Thanks, I misread the Quantum press release, sorry about that!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I wonder what the repo NY -> Galveston will look like ?

That might be fun...there's a gap in my cruise calendar around that time!:) I could fly up and stay with family for a couple days, then let a ship bring me home. I like this idea! :D

Edited by Cindy