What X policies should RCCL adopt?

H2Oregon

[quote name='Aquahound']You're flaming people for their answers? :confused: I think you just totally missed the spirit of the Op's question. Save your rant for a smoking thread. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Since about one half of the posts advocate adoption of a policy I oppose, my expression of oppostion (and reasoning) to this potential policy change is free speech.

I just got off an X ship, and being an ex smoker, I can appreciate what Paul is saying.

As to the OPs statement, I would love to see the ability to once again purchase liquor by the bottle for in cabin consumption. I just paid $100.00 for a bottle of Ketel One on the Infinity. It came with a six pack of soda, and an assorted nut box.

Some would say that this is outlandish, and I say that it's the cruise lines right to charge as they see fit, if someone wants to enjoy their libations in cabin. If you were to check the charge for Ketel One martinis in a bar, I'm still money ahead with the package.

The other wonderful thing about X......that was so pleasing to my ears, was the lack of announcements. X does do more than just the 10AM Captains announcement, but leave it at 2 or 3 more, and that is it!:)
I would love to see Royal Caribbean adopt both of these suggestions.

Rick

[quote name='poolboyclay']I think it was your attitude, not the comment.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Flaming folks for just answering a question.

But I digress. I really don't even know why I responded to it. I guess, sometimes I forget that's how some folks are on CC.

2 Bottles of Wine (or) Alcohol per cabin. I think it is great about the new wine policy, but there are a lot of folks that don't like wine, I personally prefer alcohol.

Coffee makers in all cabins.

Light switches on the inside of bathroom.

[quote name='Aquahound']Yea, this would be my first choice also. Non smoking balconies would be great.[/QUOTE]
Here Here!! . . . I t would be so awesome!! Being from California where so many places are smoke free . . . .I really have a low tolerance for cigarette smoke.

[quote name='Woe is me']Why don't you all just cruise Celebrity[/QUOTE]
Because it becomes a tomb at about 9:00pm! Just because we don't smoke . . . it doesn't mean we don't want fun. On my one and only X cruise . . . I found my self longing for the quest and the belly flop contest!!

Colleen

[quote name='Aquahound']Yea, this would be my first choice also. Non smoking balconies would be great.[/quote]

Yep me too. As a non-smoker it is always unpleasent to smell cigarette smoke when we are out on the balcony - and we have on a number of cruises. Not trying to eliminate smoking altogether but I agree with the non-smoking balcony idea.

Nice thread because in a roundabout why illustrates many of the differences between the lines. Since turning Platinum, and able to get Captain's Club Select benefits, we are seriously considering trying X to avoid the balcony smoke issue like we had on last cruise. Made it very uncomfortable to be outside.

Would also enjoy not even having to consider smuggling to have conveninece of in-cabin drinks. The new wine policy is interesting in that it seems to be a break from the policies RCI implemented after the Smith case.

Amazing that some people carry on about the smoking issue. 10 years ago smoking was allowed in all the bars and all the cabins. None of the smokers have written in that they want a change so that people can once again smoke in their rooms or in all bars. Most (including my husband) want to smoke in designated areas and on the balcony. He doesn't spend the day chain smoking on the balcony. I personally think that Princess has taken an economic hit since removing smoking from the balconies. It would appear that they have had to slash prices to attract people (and have had many sales). Since I book cruises for my extended family as well as just for the two of us, I - a nonsmoker, will not book with RCI if the balcony is not available for the three smokers in our group.
Let's focus on some ways RCI could improve, rather than limit, the experience. Princess opens one of the dining room as people board. If RCI did this, there would be less of a log jam in the windjammer. Princess charges a pretty penny to buy (preorder) liquor for the room; RCI could do this too and make money. I like the cold washcloths before boarding in the warmer ports. Forgot which lines offered them. Toiletries would be nice (again). I hate the soap attached to the shower wall (unless you have a suite). Make more deck chairs available by enforcing the rules. BBQ by the pool would be nice (and cheap for the line to provide).

[quote name='coordinator23'] I hate the soap attached to the shower wall (unless you have a suite).[/quote]

I just sailed on Grandeur of the Seas in October and was surprised to find little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion in the bathroom as well as the stuff stuck to the wall of the shower.

I was not in a suite. I was in an ocean view cabin with a large porthole.

[quote name='Kellie Poodle']I just sailed on Grandeur of the Seas in October and was surprised to find little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion in the bathroom as well as the stuff stuck to the wall of the shower.

I was not in a suite. I was in an ocean view cabin with a large porthole.[/quote]
Janet -- love your new Avatar! Was that picture taken on our Century cruise? :cool:
I'd really like it if RC would stock all the cabins with bottled toiletries. It's always been nice to get them in Junior Suites, but we've never gotten them in the smaller cabins. And frankly, I've never figured out exactly what that blue stuff in the wall dispensers is -- shampoo/conditioner/body wash all in one? :eek: But, I can tell you that it does a nice job of rinsing the chlorine out of bathing suits, when you forget to bring Woolite! ;)

Liquor purchase for room as in the past with a service charge is fine.
Drink packages as X with foo foo pkg or full liquor.
Smoking allowed on aft baconies or one side (that why I get balcony for wife)
Night light in Bathroom and a light switch inside or the auto sensor lights in bath.
But i like them both RCI and X but X is a little more for the quiet and relaxed

I'd like to see a flat rate package for internet as Celebrity used to have. I'd also like to see RCCL rethink their policy on electronic cigarettes; at this point they are subject to the same restrictions as tobacco cigarettes despite the lack of smoke or odor.

[quote name='wwcruisers']Janet -- love your new Avatar! Was that picture taken on our Century cruise? :cool:
I'd really like it if RC would stock all the cabins with bottled toiletries. It's always been nice to get them in Junior Suites, but we've never gotten them in the smaller cabins. And frankly, I've never figured out exactly what that blue stuff in the wall dispensers is -- shampoo/conditioner/body wash all in one? :eek: But, I can tell you that it does a nice job of rinsing the chlorine out of bathing suits, when you forget to bring Woolite! ;)[/quote]

Hi Suzanne,

It was taken on our Greece and Turkey cruise in October. Best part was it was free with Diamond coupon. 8X10! Don't you just love Barry's dimple?

There [B]were[/B] small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion in our ocean view (no balcony) cabin on Grandeur of the Seas. I don't know if it was just that ship or if RCI is putting them back in the cabins.

[quote name='billscruiser']1) I may be in the minority here, but I truly appreciate the "cabin mate" being able to attend my "Elite" functions with me when I am not able to travel with my husband.

2) I also truly appreciate the consideration of only a "mid-day" update from the Captain instead of annoying and often ill-timed "activity" announcements.

Kathryn[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="4"]I agree!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Archived