Charge for Cappuccino in MDR?

brainyblonde

No, I didn't forget.

I can only speak for myself but I would not stop sailing HAL because they charged for a cup of coffee.

YMMV........

Me either! This doesn't even register on my radar screen. Sure wish that I had a life so free of disappointment that this would be a tipping point for me. I simply can't understand it.

I don't drink espresso or cappuccino but DH likes espresso after dinner.

I am not going to tell him of this change as I'll be interested to see his reaction first time he is charged. He really isn't phased to pay for whatever if he wants it but he's had his espresso for about 80+ HAL cruises without charge. I suspect he'll notice 'something is different'.

I'd like to be the fly on the wall to see that one Sail:D I suspect he will simply absorb it and move on as many of us do:D

Life is too short - worry pas folks -if you don't want to pay - don't order - pretty simple no?

Just remember how lucky you are to be able to cruise - be thankful and enjoy - a charge for a cup of coffee - really:confused::p

I'd like to be the fly on the wall to see that one Sail:D I suspect he will simply absorb it and move on as many of us do:D

Life is too short - worry pas folks -if you don't want to pay - don't order - pretty simple no?

Just remember how lucky you are to be able to cruise - be thankful and enjoy - a charge for a cup of coffee - really:confused::p

You're right - life is too short to put up with this nonsense. Time to move on and vote with my feet.

I've read my DH this thread and his response was "I have to pay for my after-dinner drink ;) ... what's the difference between that and after-dinner special coffees?"

What's the difference?

The difference is that it is different for HAL.

For a great many years, there was no additional charge and now there is.

That makes it different.

I expect that most, like my DH will simply pay for it if they wish to have a cup. There will be a few who will 'raise a fuss', probably.

Let s look at this really

Average Hal cruise Dec verandah 130.00 per day pp

on Oceania 300.00 per day pp

I took out the airfare

Have been on both

We where on Silver Seas last year in Dec they give you everything nothing extra BUT 400.00 per day pp

You get what you pay for

No charge in MD for expresso after dinner - had it every night. Heard many folks ordering cappuccino in MD for breakfast, so assume there was no charge.

So does this differ from ship to ship? Just another inconsistency to add to the list. :rolleyes:

Why pay that much for Holland when you can do all Inclusive for less and get same cabin size or bigger

the 'all inclusives' do not cost less if you want the same size cabin as a deluxe veranda (I have priced). (I assume you are talking cruising)

From what I gather, the uproar isn't about paying for coffee in the dining room, it is the consistant erosion of what was once a premier cruiseline.

With so many cruises on Carnival since my last HAL cruise, I will most likely feel that things are getting better, not worse. Actually, after reviewing some of the menu's it appears that dining has become a touch more upscale than the last non-bahama cruises I took.

Now that doesn't mean the quality is better, but the choices do seem better. Service could be another story but I look forward to seeing for myself.

the 'all inclusives' do not cost less if you want the same size cabin as a deluxe veranda (I have priced). (I assume you are talking cruising)

For us cabin size would not be the main factor . We where on a 12 day on Silver Sea had a balcony and sat out there maybe twice

The service and the food and the all inclusive was the main thing

But we are the Noordam next month

Right?

:confused:

I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking if Deluxe Veranda Suites cost that amount for those who book early on Canada/New Engladn cruises, then the answer is Right, yes........ that is the per diem for those who book an "S" cabin before they start with the 'new bookings only' sales and upsells/upgrades.

That is what our cruise on Veendam in August is priced.

Do you think that should include an espresso for DH after dinner in MDR? That is my question.

Why pay that much for Holland when you can do all Inclusive for less and get same cabin size or bigger

Because we like HAL ships, crews and intineraries.

Our alternative choice is high end resort hotels with gorgeous pools etc

NOT another cruise line. For varying reasons, we do no't wish to sail some that have been mentioned here.

:confused:

I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking if Deluxe Veranda Suites cost that amount for those who book early on Canada/New Engladn cruises, then the answer is Right, yes........ that is the per diem for those who book an "S" cabin before they start with the 'new bookings only' sales and upsells/upgrades.

That is what our cruise on Veendam in August is priced.

Do you think that should include an espresso for DH after dinner in MDR? That is my question.

Because we like HAL ships, crews and itineraries.

Our alternative choice is high end resort hotels with gorgeous pools etc

NOT another cruise line. For varying reasons, we do no't wish to sail some that have been mentioned here.

So be happy with HAL :D

We like the change and different itineraries HAL does not do

I like having a cappuccino in the morning and after dinner. I don't usually order dessert and consider the cappuccino my "dessert." It was nice that I wasn't charged for it on my previous HAL cruise, but I have paid for it on all Princess cruises. Guess I may be paying for it on my HAL cruise in a few weeks.

S7S,

Don;t know why but it will not let me respond to your post, so hope you see this,

I meant to say "Right"!!!

Deluxe Suite guests pay such a premium, its sad that they are not including it in the MDR (for D-suite guests)...

It forces a D-guests to have breakfast in PG or go to Neptune lounge to have your included beverage. It makes MDR not an option for espresso/cappucino with a meal unless you want to pay for what is not as good as the Explorations Cafe.

We switched from PG to MDR mid cruise so this applied to us.

I do however go to Explorations Cafe to pay for some, but to have to bring it with you, or to pay for a medicore one that would be included elsewhere for D-Suite guests is just silly.

Hope this makes sense.

I do however go to Explorations Cafe to pay for some, but to have to bring it with you, or to pay for a medicore one that would be included elsewhere for D-Suite guests is just silly.

Hope this makes sense.

Not really. You seem to have no problem paying for the same cappucino or espresso at Explorations Cafe that you could get for free at the Neptune Lounge.

Many posters have said the MDR and Explorations are not the same quality. Perhaps that is the difference. I don't know why if you can get it in the NL, why you couldn't just show your card in the MDR and have the cost waived. :confused:

I don't really care, so I feel I can be objective about this one issue. ;)

Not really. You seem to have no problem paying for the same cappucino or espresso at Explorations Cafe that you could get for free at the Neptune Lounge.

1. Explorations cafe espresso drinks are hand made(Far better)

2. MDR, Neptune and PG are all instant machines. 1 button.

They are charging in the MDR for what is included in PG suite guests breakfast, and what is offered in Neptune lounge.

It forces deluxe suite guests, who are paying an arm and a leg to have that suite, to eat breakfast only in PG and AFTER dinner in MDR, go to NL.

So, if you are going to pay for espresso beverages in MDR dont you think they should be the quality of the Explorations cafe?

When other venues are included for Deluxe Suite Guests?

Removing the included espresso beverages from the discount fares in regular cabins is one thing, removing it from ONLY MDR venue, for Deluxe suite guests is another.

If you compare the two beverages they are completely diff.

If you compare the cabin fares from a standard cabin to a deluxe suite, they are completely diff.

Compare the beverages, and compare the fares, then it will probably make sense.

Now, if this was never included in the MDR it would not be an issue. Deluxe suite rates are however staying the same.

We will probably find that guests who are not sailing in a D-Suite, probably do not care. But, it affects those of us who do sail in those suites, and furthermore proves the decline of what is offered for D-Suite guests, while paying the ongoing steady fares.

1. Explorations cafe espresso drinks are hand made(Far better)

2. MDR, Neptune and PG are all instant machines. 1 button.

So, if you are going to pay for espresso beverages in MDR dont you think they should be the quality of the Explorations cafe?

When other venues are included for Deluxe Suite Guests?

We will probably find that guests who are not sailing in a D-Suite, probably do not care. But, it affects those of us who do sail in those suites, and furthermore proves the decline of what is offered for D-Suite guests, while paying the ongoing steady fares.

Of course you are correct. It's like comparing a convenient store machine cappuccino to a Starbucks. If I'm going to pay for one, especially after paying Dlx Suite fare, I won't pay in the dining room but will go to Explorations. Expecting you to pay for a machine drink in the MDR that is complementary in NL is ridiculous. I think they're just trying to take one job off the stewards' workload because fewer people will order cappuccinos or espressos if they have to pay.

Of course you are correct. It's like comparing a convenient store machine cappuccino to a Starbucks. If I'm going to pay for one, especially after paying Dlx Suite fare, I won't pay in the dining room but will go to Explorations. Expecting you to pay for a machine drink in the MDR that is complementary in NL is ridiculous. I think they're just trying to take one job off the stewards' workload because fewer people will order cappuccinos or espressos if they have to pay.

I really think that it should be included for D-Suite pax, at the very least for breakfast.

Archived