Do specialty restaurants tend to get booked up early?

towel-animal

Just wondering if the specialty restaurants tend to get booked up early through the on-line reservations. Am cruising on the Epic March 9th through 16th and wanted to try all the specialty restaurants, but wanted to pay on board through cash OBC rather than charing my card...I figure that's a popular spring break week...Will I risk not being able to get a reservation at all if I wait til on board? Or are there usually openings?

Teppanyaki fills quickly-limited seats available.

The others should be able to accommodate you. To the point, we don't do the Teppanyaki and have never had a problem making any others.

That's the one I've seen on every NCL cruise we've taken. We don't go there, but I observe the reservation board and agree with the other posters.

NCL will hold some spots for on-board reservations, so even if a venue and time appear sold out on-line, check once on board as seats may still be opened. The only reason to reserve pre-cruise is if you have to have a specific seating/venue.

Teppanyaki fills up very fast. Book ASAP. The other restaurants are not needed to book days in advance unless you have a very large party. The only exception is the last night of the cruise. In my experience, many book Cagneys on the last night. So if you want a specialty restaurant the last night, book early.

Teppanyaki is not usually available for online booking due to the small size. All other venues typically only allow about 25% of the space to be pre booked. As others have stated, you can almost always get in to any of the specialties you want.

Not true. I'm on the Epic on Saturday and was able to book Teppanyaki at the same time everything else opened up, which is handy because there will be a group of us, probably filling most of one table.

Just wondering if the specialty restaurants tend to get booked up early through the on-line reservations. Am cruising on the Epic March 9th through 16th and wanted to try all the specialty restaurants, but wanted to pay on board through cash OBC rather than charing my card...I figure that's a popular spring break week...Will I risk not being able to get a reservation at all if I wait til on board? Or are there usually openings?

If you don't mind eating at 8 or 9pm, then you will be fine. The only one I absolutely recommend making a reservation for before boarding is Teppanyaki.

Another question - is there a way to link our reservations on line for dining? We have 5 cabins so of course when we book the specialty restaurants we all would want to sit together :D

No but I trust that you can easily make the arrangements with the maitre'd in advance after you are on board. At least for us the last time on the Star the maitre'd of La Cucina was most flexible and eager to help us with anything we had in mind regarding eating there.

Archived