Shuttle FCO to Civit. that will make grocery stop?

dijid

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company offering transportation from FCO to the port in Civitavecchia that will make a grocery stop?

With 7 of us (extended family trip) it makes sense to get a shuttle vs trying to take the train. Would love to be able to stop and buy some bottled water, soda and a bottle of wine or two before we board. We are arriving the morning of the cruise, from one of the cheap-o European airlines, so we won't have the luggage space/weight or the time to shop before we get on the shuttle.

Just ask Rome in Limo.

No need for bottled water. The water on board is about the best, in purity and taste, as can be found.

I want the bottles to refill and take off the ship with us. We won't be checking luggage, so we nee to buy them.

Thanks for the replies. Rome in Limo is so much more expensive than the other shuttle companies, that we just went ahead and pre-paid to check a suitcase. Saves us time and money in the end.

They ARE a bit more expensive but they are also the most professional, accommodating tour/transfer company I've ever dealt with...but glad you worked it all out ... enjoy....

They ARE a bit more expensive but they are also the most professional, accommodating tour/transfer company I've ever dealt with...but glad you worked it all out ... enjoy....

I understand paying the extra when a tour is involved, but for a straight point-to-point transfer price would be my primary concern (assuming, of course, that there are no known issues with a company not showing up, or consistently being late, etc.).

I understand paying the extra when a tour is involved, but for a straight point-to-point transfer price would be my primary concern (assuming, of course, that there are no known issues with a company not showing up, or consistently being late, etc.).

You're probably right but since I've used them for everything it is also nice knowing the people you are dealing with. They have adjusted their normal pick up for me with extra stops in addition to stopping for water etc.. too since I am repeat customer, at no additional charge. I don't think it's always about money, when I'm on vacation it's also about not having to worry about anything and that's what I get when dealing with RIL. But of course we all have different ideas, I just like KNOWING the product I'm buying is EXACTLY what I want. It's worth the $$ to me... :)

They state they are on a low cost carrier, and most of them in Europe give you nothing free.

You are correct. We're arriving from another European city. The downside of really cheap airfare is that you only get one piece of cabin luggage per person.

You are correct. We're arriving from another European city. The downside of really cheap airfare is that you only get one piece of cabin luggage per person.

Sorry I missed that - did they also tell you that you have to push the plane to the end of the runway to save fuel? Only kidding, even the "non budget" airlines like Delta which I just flew from Atl to Rome cut everything to the bare bones, I am surprised we did not have to insert a coin in the door to go to the bathroom!

Surely it would have been cheaper to ask the shuttle driver to stop off and pay him an extra EUR 5/10 than to pay for a checked bag? Even if they don't go into a town, most of the highway petrol/gas stations sell bottled water?

Sorry I missed that - did they also tell you that you have to push the plane to the end of the runway to save fuel? Only kidding, even the "non budget" airlines like Delta which I just flew from Atl to Rome cut everything to the bare bones, I am surprised we did not have to insert a coin in the door to go to the bathroom!

Surely it would have been cheaper to ask the shuttle driver to stop off and pay him an extra EUR 5/10 than to pay for a checked bag? Even if they don't go into a town, most of the highway petrol/gas stations sell bottled water?

I don't think we've got pushing duty this time (whew!) but if they cut back even more, I bet we have to load and unload our own bags....

It "only" costs 30€ to check a bag (about the same as our one-way tickets). In the end I think it'll be worth it, as we realized we need to bring enough shampoo + conditioner for 7, lotions and potions (got a teenage daughter - 'nuff said) and if there's room we'll bring some good bottles of wine that are worth NCL's $15 corkage fee. If we stopped at a rest stop, we may end up with limited selection at high costs.

But I'll save up my coins for when they do add the restroom charge on the plane LOL

Archived