Island Princess wine policy enforcement

Insanityx4

We are taking a Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess. Does anyone know if they enforce the one bottle per passenger limit at embarkation? We have sailed with Princess before and have always brought more on board.

Thanks, Jan

On the Island we take a case and put a luggage tag on it. ;)

When is the last time you sailed on the Island? I have heard they are cracking down on enforcement!

You need current info from someone who is currently on the Island or has just gotten off. We disembarked the Coral on November 11th and embarked with 5 bottles in LA.

Security workers who are not Princess employees at San Pedro or Port Everglades are not interested in your liquor.

It's Princess that has possibly "cracked down on enforcement." The passenger contract was previously silent on the number of bottles of wine permitted. It has been recently amended to read:

Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage only in his/her carry-on luggage.

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/index.jsp

It is because of their new passenger contract that I posted the question. I don't recall it being there the last time we sailed.

We were on the Crown Princess earlier this month and there was no change in the implementation of the alcohol policy

As others have stated, in September Princess changed the wording of the Passage Contract to include the one bottle per passenger of drinking age wording but there has been NO reported change in enforcement practices as of yet. We will be departing Ft. Lauderdale in January and will be interested if there is any change.

Currently on the Island during embarkation there is no difference than in the past. On reentering in Aruba they were quites strict about checking for alcohol and other things (?) and seemed to be enforcing the 1 bottle per person. I watched them even checking for prescrptions for any med's and the actual photo's in people's cameras. Who knows what that was all about. :confused:

In subsiquent stops there seemed to be no check what so ever other than going through the scanner. The best way to get alcohol aboard (other than wine) is still to purchase small bottles of liquor (350 ml) and out them in front pockets with your shirt out. :p

In subsiquent stops there seemed to be no check what so ever other than going through the scanner. The best way to get alcohol aboard (other than wine) is still to purchase small bottles of liquor (350 ml) and out them in front pockets with your shirt out. :p

Be careful with what you say as Princess may start pat downs ;)

Currently on the Island during embarkation there is no difference than in the past. On reentering in Aruba they were quites strict about checking for alcohol and other things (?) and seemed to be enforcing the 1 bottle per person. I watched them even checking for prescrptions for any med's and the actual photo's in people's cameras. Who knows what that was all about. :confused:
Good to know about Aruba. We were going to buy more wine at the Kong Hing Supermarket but will only buy two bottles.

I watched them even checking.....the actual photo's in people's cameras. Who knows what that was all about.

Who was doing the picture checking? Princess personnel or port personnel?

I do not think anything in the cruise contract gives Princess the legal right to look at pictures on a passenger's camera.

The only places I have ever seen them checking for alcohol are in the Caribbean and once in Puerto Vallarta. In both instances they had printed especially strong warnings against bringing alcohol (other than wine) on board in the patter the day of disembarkation.

I can't imagine them checking prescriptions or pictures in your camera and would be very curious to hear any possible explantions that anyone might have for such activities.

I can't imagine them checking prescriptions or pictures in your camera and would be very curious to hear any possible explantions that anyone might have for such activities.

It only happened to on ewoman and I thought it very strange. They also kept her bag & she proceeded boarding. I can't imagine what they were looking for.

The same day they were giving one guy a hard time for something & he even had the supervisor come to the area to explaind something to him. They gave him a different looking receipt & he left swearing it was the last Princess cruise. I still didin't know what they keep of his. All this happened in Aruba. I haven't seen much else in any other ports - YET. I'll have to check Aruba again in a week or two to see if the security is tight once again.

Archived