A little bit sad..

NayRN

Just returned from talking with my TA. I wanted to upgrade from a SC to an SE for next August. Not only had the prices gone up an additional $300 since yesterday, they wanted to take away all my OBC because I booked during a suite promotion. I guess I could understand taking it back if I were down-grading but I'm wanted to stay in a suite that was $1500 more! The person had my TA on hold for a good 5 minutes to talk with her supervisor but no go! And my TA said she sincerely sounded like she really wanted to be able to help. I don't expect any special treatment nor do I feel entitled....just a little disappointed.

So.....do you think that if my TA called back in a couple days she may receive a more "positive" answer or should I forget it?:confused: I always book the suite I want but just decided that I'd like a little bit more room....I'll be happy where I am but would be even happier in a 2-BR suite!

Just returned from talking with my TA. I wanted to upgrade from a SC to an SE for next August. Not only had the prices gone up an additional $300 since yesterday, they wanted to take away all my OBC because I booked during a suite promotion. I guess I could understand taking it back if I were down-grading but I'm wanted to stay in a suite that was $1500 more! The person had my TA on hold for a good 5 minutes to talk with her supervisor but no go! And my TA said she sincerely sounded like she really wanted to be able to help. I don't expect any special treatment nor do I feel entitled....just a little disappointed.

So.....do you think that if my TA called back in a couple days she may receive a more "positive" answer or should I forget it?:confused: I always book the suite I want but just decided that I'd like a little bit more room....I'll be happy where I am but would be even happier in a 2-BR suite!

Most definitely try again. I don't think it's unusual to get a different response the next time you try.

Call again, we got many different answers when we were trying to book a specific room. We had one on hold and they sold it, so they placed us in a different room but we wanted to change it. It took a few phone calls/days to straighten it all out. Call again...

I'm not positive, but I think the OBC you get for booking suites is IF you book at least 9 months out, and you might not be that far out anymore, so maybe that's why they wanted to take it away for changing. And I could be very wrong....so you should try again, just in case.

Thank you for being reasonable - your response is understandable but it is amazing how many on these boards feel they are 'ENTITLED' .... I hope it works out for you!

I'm not positive, but I think the OBC you get for booking suites is IF you book at least 9 months out, and you might not be that far out anymore, so maybe that's why they wanted to take it away for changing. And I could be very wrong....so you should try again, just in case.

You just may be right! I think I'm just a little under 9 months now! Still....I sure do wish........;)

Good luck. I would suggest calling on Monday and speaking to a supervisor that is there Monday-Friday and not just the weekends. I find that sometimes the weekday is better to get things resolved if need be.

Let us know how you make out.

Maybe I'm missing it here. Isn't an SC to SE a downgrade, or did you reverse the list? I see a $600 difference between the two on your cruise date right now. There is a $300 suite credit right now, but it is for 9 months out and I think you've missed that? In the past if I was upgrading and spending more money, they let me keep my current OBC. Maybe try again.

Maybe I'm missing it here. Isn't an SC to SE a downgrade, or did you reverse the list? I see a $600 difference between the two on your cruise date right now. There is a $300 suite credit right now, but it is for 9 months out and I think you've missed that? In the past if I was upgrading and spending more money, they let me keep my current OBC. Maybe try again.

I would be going from a Penthouse to a 2-BR which is an upgrade. I emailed my TA and she is going to call again on Monday. I did book my current suite with the OBC promotion....about 5 months ago, which is why I don't understand why they want to take it away now. But again, happy with the suite I'm in....just wishing for a little more room and an extra bathroom/bedroom for my two great-nieces that are coming with me.;) I really want to spoil them on their first-ever cruise!

And you are so right! I got them backwards :o

I would be going from a Penthouse to a 2-BR which is an upgrade. I emailed my TA and she is going to call again on Monday. I did book my current suite with the OBC promotion....about 5 months ago, which is why I don't understand why they want to take it away now. But again, happy with the suite I'm in....just wishing for a little more room and an extra bathroom/bedroom for my two great-nieces that are coming with me.;) I really want to spoil them on their first-ever cruise!

It isn't that they want to take away your credit....it's that "upgrading" is really cancelling & rebooking...and they have no way to capture the OBC from the cancelled booking, and make it reappear on the new booking.

The same thing just happened to us. We booked a mini-suite originally, and then wanted to upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite. They wanted to take away our $70 credit. Yes...$70, they weren't willing to let us keep.

I didn't want to lose the room, so I went ahead and did it. My TA said she would talk to her personal rep at NCL about the credit. She did, and the next day my credit was back.

I would recommend trying that. Good luck!

The same thing just happened to us. We booked a mini-suite originally, and then wanted to upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite. They wanted to take away our $70 credit. Yes...$70, they weren't willing to let us keep.

I didn't want to lose the room, so I went ahead and did it. My TA said she would talk to her personal rep at NCL about the credit. She did, and the next day my credit was back.

I would recommend trying that. Good luck!

I wouldn't be too concerned about losing the OBC except it's $450! That will pay for a lot of cruisin' stuff for the kids as well as excursions that we will book onboard! Like I said, if it can't happen, it can't happen and I'm really OK with that! A girl can wish, right?!;)

I wouldn't be too concerned about losing the OBC except it's $450! That will pay for a lot of cruisin' stuff for the kids as well as excursions that we will book onboard! Like I said, if it can't happen, it can't happen and I'm really OK with that! A girl can wish, right?!;)

Well that is a lot! I wouldn't want to lose that either. I would still check with your TA to see if he/she has a rep that he/she works with all the time with NCL. Those people are more concerned about keeping their TA friends happy, b/c lots of customers, and potential customers come with them!

Just got word from my TA....

She must have finally talked to the right person because I was able to move up to the two BR and keep my $450 OBC!! :D

Of course I'll be spending a lot more money for the move but it will be totally worth it!!

Just got word from my TA....

She must have finally talked to the right person because I was able to move up to the two BR and keep my $450 OBC!! :D

Of course I'll be spending a lot more money for the move but it will be totally worth it!!

Excellent. Congratulations.... I am so happy for you and it is great that you got to keep your OBC. Sometimes it is better to book with NCL directly so you can negotiate directly with them. At least, we have better luck handeling our accounts directly with NCL. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived