BLOG Grand World Voyage 2013 Amsterdam

Kween Karen

I read all the way through your SA blog and love the way you present your photos, it makes a story in itself with the arrangement. As it gets closer I keep checking in for updates on your preps. Have you gotten a room assignment yet? Rain, wind and cold here make me look forward to your pictures of sunshine and warm weather. I wish you holiday cheer and a wonderful cruise.

I've enjoyed your other blogs and will certainly be following this one, jealously. :D. We were on the Amsterdam in 2010 for two weeks in Alaska and really enjoyed the ship. I'd love to go around the world on her. I know you'll have a fantastic cruise. I'll bet you're excited. Smooth sailing to you.

Thank you all again for your nice comments.

I am excited to take you along on this wonderful adventure.

I leave home tomorrow!!! My bags are ALMOST packed!

I am having doubts about going now....maybe that is just part of such a LONG BIG adventure....a bit of nerves. ALSO....my duaghter is VERY pregnant.....she will have c-section on January 11. I am so sad about missing that. I think that is what is weighing heavily on my right now.

Oh well.......I am off and will have a wonderful time. I am so excited to see my old friends.....and meet new ones.

• 2 months later...

Karen - I have been following your thread and am totally enjoying it. I especially enjoy the pictures. I have never followed your trips before. But I sure will from now on. I was wondering what "MOM" is?

Thank you again for your time and expense to keep us informed about the trip. I will never be able to go on a world voyage, but am thoroughly enjoying your running account.

Thank you,

Nursekaye

to NurseKaye, since karen probably can't respond easily…she takes her mom's cremated remains with her and leaves part of her in beautiful places…nice thought! She should be running out of "mom" soon though…she's been on other trips with her.

Your blog has been very enjoyable. We are going to be in Bali next year on Solstice. I was so impressed with your photos and recommendations of the tour you took, we booked the same one.

Thanks for the blog and the recommendation,

Sue

I too am enjoying your blog. I read it everyday along with Jeff, Bill and Mary Ann. I am doing a"stay at home world cruise" blog that is including updates everyday from the Amsterdam. I have not been able to figure out how to include yours. I am sure there are many people who are enjoying your accounts. Would love to have been able to put the picture of you and the monkey incident on my blog....speaking of which....what kind of camera are you using? Keep up the good work...I know how time consuming it is....enjoy Hong Kong!

Karen - I have been following your thread and am totally enjoying it. I especially enjoy the pictures. I have never followed your trips before. But I sure will from now on. I was wondering what "MOM" is?

Thank you again for your time and expense to keep us informed about the trip. I will never be able to go on a world voyage, but am thoroughly enjoying your running account.

Thank you,

Nursekaye

I'm guessing that's a message to her children from their mom...I think her kids and grandkids are reading her blog.

I'm guessing that's a message to her children from their mom...I think her kids and grandkids are reading her blog.

I've always understood it is Karen's Mom's ashes:eek: and she is leaving a little of Mom on her travels and possibly carrying through a commitment she made.

From one of Karen's previous blogs…but she must have run out of her by now I would have thought. "Until now I have

never been able to decide on a perfect place to spread my mother’s ashes. I have decided to take them on this trip with me and spread them along the way. It will be my way of taking her along on one final

wonderful adventure." (From one of Karen's previous cruises.)

• 4 weeks later...
From one of Karen's previous blogs…but she must have run out of her by now I would have thought. "Until now I have

never been able to decide on a perfect place to spread my mother’s ashes. I have decided to take them on this trip with me and spread them along the way. It will be my way of taking her along on one final

wonderful adventure." (From one of Karen's previous cruises.)

Thank you so much for the info. Karen sure sounds like a wonderful person. I will never be as fortunate as those lucky people on these grand voyages and so enjoy Karen taking us along with her. Wonderful blog.

Safari pictures have been amazing! I said to my husband today when the World Cruise ends I will actually be sad as following four blogs these last months have been such fun.

I hear you:) Part of my morning routine is to catch up on the World Cruise blogs. And at night I go to bed with Captain Albert (on my netbook, people!!) and read his latest report. Addicted much? Nah.

Archived