Independence of the Seas back in Port Everglades

emmy

I just watched Indy sail away in the dark. She was absolutely beutiful with her lights lit and glowing golden in the night sky. I wish everyone a fabulous cruise, great weather and fun times.

Indy looked beautiful :) Here is a screen capture of her as she pushed away from Terminal 18 a short while ago. She is on a 3 night cruise.

326768_10151171634906693_162326540_o.jpg

Wooohooo, thanks for the gorgeous photos! We sail on her 19 Jan 2013 for 8 glorious nights. Cannot wait to be cruising again. We sailed on the Liberty of the Seas in 2009. Next year we are sailing the Liberty and the Freedom of the Seas in May 2013. Nice to have been on all 3 Freedom ships. Happy cruising everyone and happy holidays!

Hi Emmy

Thanks for the photo, when i got up at 6am for work i turned on the webcam to see if she made it back from Europe. I am sailing on her this Saturday with my girlfriend! It was a last minute decision but if I go stay with her in her suite I will be diamond for my transatlantic so I couldn't resist. I am actually debarking in San Juan on Day 5 because I have to get back to work and see my kids Christmas pageant.Hopefully it all works out! I haven't seen any Pink Boa Cruisers on the roll call so I will probably leave my boa at home :(

Where is a good place to be on Indy for sailaway to be on the webcam. Won't be as good as deck 11 on Oasis :)

Triena

Hi Emmy

Thanks for the photo, when i got up at 6am for work i turned on the webcam to see if she made it back from Europe. I am sailing on her this Saturday with my girlfriend! It was a last minute decision but if I go stay with her in her suite I will be diamond for my transatlantic so I couldn't resist. I am actually debarking in San Juan on Day 5 because I have to get back to work and see my kids Christmas pageant.Hopefully it all works out! I haven't seen any Pink Boa Cruisers on the roll call so I will probably leave my boa at home :(

Where is a good place to be on Indy for sailaway to be on the webcam. Won't be as good as deck 11 on Oasis :)

Triena

Triena..Hello wow a quick cruise on Indy :) The bow of the ship is a good place to stand on the port side of course. Let's hope it is not too dark when you sail away. I understand there are 8 ships in port including 3 big RCI ones.

Enjoy your Indy cruise.:) I sent you a message !!

I'm glad that you posted the sail away shot. I was on a plane when she pulled out. The first thing I did when I got up this morning was check the webcam to see her.

So often on the webcam you see the planes appear from behind the ship as they are taking off especially at Terminal 18..saw a few planes and waved to you :)

I try and get a seat on the left hand side of the plane to grab a photo of the ship from the air.

Good. The ship is back where it belongs. And in about 3 months I will be back on the ship... right where I belong.

Sorry but she belongs in Southampton England only 4 month and she will be on her way home. ;)

We will be on the Independence on March 2. Can anyone tell me which restaurants are on her? We have been on the Freedom and the Allure (TWICE), I have tried to find out if Portofinos or Chops is on the Independence but not having much luck. I am assuming that Sorrentos and Johnny Rockets is on the Independence. I also wanted to see if there is the movie screen on the pool deck but I think that will be added once they refurbish her in May. Thanks for the help....:p

Hi Alison and Jack,

Thanks for your post, it made me smile that we have the same cabin! I will take good care of her for sure, and post a nice review with pics upon return.

What was your favorite spot onboard?

Hi Stacey

Either on one of the loungers on deck 4 (I cannot sit in the sun due to melanoma) or the evenings are lovely out on the helipad (lie down and just look up at the night sky - incredible!!).

Alison

We will be on the Independence on March 2. Can anyone tell me which restaurants are on her? We have been on the Freedom and the Allure (TWICE), I have tried to find out if Portofinos or Chops is on the Independence but not having much luck. I am assuming that Sorrentos and Johnny Rockets is on the Independence. I also wanted to see if there is the movie screen on the pool deck but I think that will be added once they refurbish her in May. Thanks for the help....:p

yes - Chops, Portofinos, Sorrentos, Johnny Rockets.

movie Screen definitely being added next year along with Cupcake Cupboard.

Same week for me.

Sorry but she belongs in Southampton England only 4 month and she will be on her way home. ;)

We are happy to loan the ship to you for the summer. If we could, we'd be happy to loan you some good weather for the summer, also. ;)

Good. The ship is back where it belongs. And in about 3 months I will be back on the ship... right where I belong.

That is your opinion remember she is only on loan for a short period then back where she is really appreciated, you have to many RCI ships over there. I am on her when she comes out of drydock cannot wait, was on her before she came across to you, and she is still one of the best ships. Please look after her we need her back.

H & V

Archived