Independence of the Seas back in Port Everglades

emmy

We are happy to loan the ship to you for the summer. If we could, we'd be happy to loan you some good weather for the summer, also. ;)

Lol loan to us, 4 months USA 8 months UK, also she has been here since may 2010 so we don't mind you having her for 4 months. :)

59 days to go! With three large rccl ships - Oasis, Liberty and Indy all in port the same day what terminals will liberty and Indy use?

According to the Harbor Master's report, Oasis is at her usual terminal 18, Independence will be at terminal 29, and Liberty will be at 25. This is for this Saturday anyway, so Independence and Liberty may switch at times when they are both in Port Everglades. The Harbor Master's report can be seen here:

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

Just got off Indy this am. Nice ship. It was probably a good thing the crew had a 3 nighter to get back in their US /Caribbean groove because their UK clientele were much different. Chops and Portofino were overrun with reservations. Apparently no one in Europe ever ate in those venues but they were packed for this short cruise. Chops was a disaster with the long waits in between courses. Alcohol pkg will be offered on the 6 and 8 night itineraries. Overall, a nice short and sweet cruise.

Does the Indy have the Coke Freestyle machine? (Or does anyone know if it will it have it by March?)

I don't usually drink soda, but the flavored bubbly water made it worth the pkg purchase when I sailed the Majesty!

Does the Indy have the Coke Freestyle machine? (Or does anyone know if it will it have it by March?)

I don't usually drink soda, but the flavored bubbly water made it worth the pkg purchase when I sailed the Majesty!

Got off today, no she does not.

Just off Indy today...great ship, but many service issues. The crew, as otherwise stated, is not accustomed to a US passenger base. They need to adapt fast, or they'll get many poor reviews. I think they were overwhelmed with this 3-day cruise. The service in the diamond and concierge lounges was very poor, they were "out" of items in the dining room supposedly, but these items magically showed up on day 2. Once the service issues are corrected, hopefully the Indy will improve.

Peter

Just off Indy today...great ship, but many service issues. The crew, as otherwise stated, is not accustomed to a US passenger base. They need to adapt fast, or they'll get many poor reviews. I think they were overwhelmed with this 3-day cruise. The service in the diamond and concierge lounges was very poor, they were "out" of items in the dining room supposedly, but these items magically showed up on day 2. Once the service issues are corrected, hopefully the Indy will improve.

Peter

Peter, very interested to hear more of your experiences.....

Peter

I'd like to hear more about the issues. It isn't as if Indy has never sailed from the US. People in management positions should have had the staff prepared. The last time that we were on Indy, some three years ago now, I found the staff to be less engaging than on other cruises and ships that we have been on. I would have hoped that the crew would have turned over in this amount of time.

Overall, an "ok" cruise. The service issues that we had were in the concierge and diamond lounges. In the CL, no one was serving drinks. Everyone lined up and a bartender prepared them. In the DL there were only a couple of servers (it's "diamonds in december" so they should have been more prepared). Some waited 45 mins to get a drink. We simply stood in line at the bar again to get one..it was faster. Many "out of stock" items on day 1..no fruit yogurt, no pastries for breakfast, etc. Once they get back "into the groove" of a US based sailing, it should hopefully improve!

Peter...

Just boarded Oasis, and you can totally tell the difference!

Overall, an "ok" cruise. The service issues that we had were in the concierge and diamond lounges. In the CL, no one was serving drinks. Everyone lined up and a bartender prepared them. In the DL there were only a couple of servers (it's "diamonds in december" so they should have been more prepared). Some waited 45 mins to get a drink. We simply stood in line at the bar again to get one..it was faster. Many "out of stock" items on day 1..no fruit yogurt, no pastries for breakfast, etc. Once they get back "into the groove" of a US based sailing, it should hopefully improve!

Peter...

Just boarded Oasis, and you can totally tell the difference!

ahhh Peter back on Oasis..enjoy!!:)

I agree with Peter. I was also on that cruise. They need to get their act together. The missing items on Day 1 showed up on Day 2 because they finally got them off the pallets the first night. But they never found the Blue Moon beer :( one of the crew members told me we ended up sailing without getting everything they wanted on board. Half n half was another thing that they didn't have. And the crew isn't necessarily changing over. A lot of them are new. Our cabin steward said he only had been on board 1 month but he was actually really good and we even tipped him extra, which he thanked us for the next morning as we were leaving at the crack of dawn to catch our 9 am flight. But Chops was a disaster. They never had a full restaurant in Europe but they were overwhelmed on this 3 nighter. We finally left after sitting there over 2 hours and not even having dessert. It was torture. And they messed up our filets. Both were over cooked. My husband got a new one on the fly and I was given a free spirited coffee but no other discounts were offered for our less than stellar experience. The highlights for us were the bonus sea day time while sailing to Freeport and the entertainer in the Dog and Badger pub was awesome and he had that place packed every night.

Just got off took 10 minutes from ship to taxi

Took 8 minutes dock to airport Wow fastest ever now just 6 hours to departure

We had the same experience, however we did not go to the airport. We were in the first group of non-walk off departures and we were off the ship and through customs in less than 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived