Cruise Critic Community
ecarbine

What is that!?!?!?

So last year just before our Christmas cruis, I bought myw ife a new iPad; she was playing around with it and snapped a few pictures and took this picture of our balcony.

We never even looked at those pictures until tonight, almost a year later, and we found this picture; I don't know what the heck that is in the water just off our balcony.

If anyone has any ideas let me know because we are at a total loss as to what that might be.

If anyone can tellme how to put the picturein the body of the post I willdo that, it looks like it is a little hard to see.

WTF.jpg.84bf207dfcd8ff3cb2eea2c50bc32e46.jpg

If you use photo bucket or another site where you can upload your picture to that site then post the image code here in your reply and the picture should show. Hope that makes sense.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was a breaking wave at first too! It's possible it's a wave, but it also does look like a large ocean animal like a dolphin or a manatee!

I'm pretty sure it's a breaking wave. The darker part is the top of the wave and the white is where it is already breaking.

Sea creature. :eek: I do not think it is a wave. I enlarged it, and yep, probably a dolphin. :) I hope to see some on my cruise.

Edited by INCHARGE

To me, it's the pattern of water as you plow through it. The odds of it being anything else would be a great coincidence.

Looks like it's pretty good size. On 1 carribean cruise I saw 2 whales floating not 50 feet away as we passed. I was on a deck right behind the flying bridge when I saw them. Officers on the bridge also saw them and came out for a closer look. I asked them what that was floating in the water, they said 2 humpback whales. Looked like 2 big logs to me, I would have never guessed they were whales if I hadn't been told so.

Thanks Melissa.

If you click the link at the bottom that says "Spirit Balcony" it will open the full size image in flickr.

<a href=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8352/8258124618_787339230d.jpg' alt='8258124618_787339230d.jpg'> Spirit Balcony by e_carbine, on Flickr[/img]

Edited by ecarbine
Post Photo

Avast you lubbers ! It's Jaws !

ROFL .. Now if it were taken over the past week or so off the coast of South Carolina I'd say yep a great white. In fact there are 2 great whites hanging out there now. Genie is a 14 ft 2300 lb female and Mary Lee is a 16 ft 3500 lb female. They have been in the SC coastal waters for a few weeks now.:eek:

ROFL .. Now if it were taken over the past week or so off the coast of South Carolina I'd say yep a great white. In fact there are 2 great whites hanging out there now. Genie is a 14 ft 2300 lb female and Mary Lee is a 16 ft 3500 lb female. They have been in the SC coastal waters for a few weeks now.:eek:

And pray tell WHO got close enough to determine that they were female? :confused::D

Thanks Melissa.

If you click the link at the bottom that says "Spirit Balcony" it will open the full size image in flickr.

<a href=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8352/8258124618_787339230d.jpg' alt='8258124618_787339230d.jpg'> Spirit Balcony by e_carbine, on Flickr[/img]

It surely looks like some type of sea animal to me!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk