Would you or have you cruised Celebrity with your teenager?

Sandyrella

We are seriously considering booking the Celebrity Reflection for March 9th (Spring Break) and will be bringing along our 15 year old son.

If any of you have cruised with your teenagers on Celebrity during Spring Break, can you please give me some feed back?

Were there a lot of teens on board? Do they have teen club activities? Were there enough teens to even go to the club? We really want to try Celebrity but we don't want him being bored all week.

Any insight would be really appreciated :)

We have sailed Celebrity twice with 4 children ranging in age from 10 -18. Though we sailed over Christmas, I am going to say that it is going to be a comparable time frame with spring break.

With that said, I can undoubtedly say that all the children highly enjoyed their cruises and the activities offered aboard the ship.

We will be sailing on the Silhouette for 14 nights departing this Sunday. As my nieces, nephew and daughter get older, their focus becomes more about meeting other children their age to simply "hang out", than the activities of the teen club.

My daughter, 16 years old, will be sailing without her cousins the first week of our upcoming cruise so will rely on the teen club to "meet and greet" her fellow sailors. I will report back on the current specifics of the teen club and activities. :)

We have cruised with our kids when they were in their teens and they enjoyed it very much. Between the organized activities, ports and "time to hang out onboard without the parents", they had plenty to do.

They are both in their thirties now but, say that they really enjoyed cruising as a family.

Thanks so much for the great feedback! This sounds quite promising...

My son doesn't usually like going to the clubs but last year we finally got him to go after 3 days of persuasion. He was so sorry that he didn't go sooner because he had a blast.

I agree that it's really just a place to make friends or meet up and then do things on their own. I just wanted to make sure that there would likely be other kids around his age.

Thanks again!:p

There is no way to generalize.....some kids want constant entertainment and if they don't get it, they are moody, etc. Others prefer to actually sit and read quietly. We don't know your kids (assuming you are asking because you have teens).

The only observation I would make is that if a teen meets someone of the opposite sex that they are compatible with, they will likely enjoy the trip more.....(and perhaps you, less).

We are seriously considering booking the Celebrity Reflection for March 9th (Spring Break) and will be bringing along our 15 year old son.

If any of you have cruised with your teenagers on Celebrity during Spring Break, can you please give me some feed back?

Were there a lot of teens on board? Do they have teen club activities? Were there enough teens to even go to the club? We really want to try Celebrity but we don't want him being bored all week.

Any insight would be really appreciated :)

The Celebrity Reflection is the least inviting ship for younger people among all S-Class ships.

Try the Eclipse or the Equinox.

Examples of kids program are in this review: The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity...

The Celebrity Reflection is the least inviting ship for younger people among all S-Class ships.

Try the Eclipse or the Equinox.

Examples of kids program are in this review: The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity...

15 year olds do not go to the Kids Club/programs.

We cruised Equinox in the Med with our then 15 year old daughter and her friend - they had a blast.

Same daughter did a NYE cruise in the Caribbean with us this year (so she was 17) and had a great time.... although not as good as she did with her friend. She is used to hanging with us though and entertains herself quite well.

We took our two kids (12 & 15) last year and they had a blast. They went to the teen center the first night and met a bunch of people their age. It was a nice number of kids - not overwhelming and they quickly bonded. With today's technology, they still keep in touch with many of the kids they met. We are doing another Celebrity cruise next week.

I lived overseas when my children were growing up and took them everywhere. They love traveling today and appreciate the travel that we did so years ago. I would say that younger than 8, they won't remember much twenty five years later.

I think it depends on what kind of cruise and what you like to do. If you go to Europe and see historical sights, the kids will absorb all the history, art and culture. They should be exposed to those things. It helps them understand Western civilization.

If you are going to the Caribbean or Mexican ports, they will probably enjoy going to the beach or ziplining or snorkeling, etc.

If you have a lot of sea days, the ship's activities can make a difference. If you take a March 14 day Caribbean like we did on the Connie this year, the average age was 70 with few children. If you go for a seven day cruise or during school breaks, there will be more children on the cruise.

I wish my Dad had taken me an a cruise when I was a teen.

Thanks again for the responses. Decisions, decisions. We are already booked on the Caribbean Princess sailing from Fort Lauderdale the same date. We chose it for the itinerary as we have never been to Curacao or Aruba but the reviews that I am reading are making us second guess ths choice. The itinerary has the ship arriving in Curacao at 1:00 but the reviews are saying 3:00-4:00 due to a propulsion problem.

Our air is already booked so changing dates would mean a penalty which we would rather not have to deal with so we have to sail the 9th. This ship (brand new) and itinerary were interesting to us. My biggest worry was that my 15 year old would be the only kid on the ship. I think you've all put that worry to rest.

We have to make our decision before the 24th when our final payment is due...wish us luck!:p

Thanks again for the responses. Decisions, decisions. We are already booked on the Caribbean Princess sailing from Fort Lauderdale the same date. We chose it for the itinerary as we have never been to Curacao or Aruba but the reviews that I am reading are making us second guess ths choice. The itinerary has the ship arriving in Curacao at 1:00 but the reviews are saying 3:00-4:00 due to a propulsion problem.

Our air is already booked so changing dates would mean a penalty which we would rather not have to deal with so we have to sail the 9th. This ship (brand new) and itinerary were interesting to us. My biggest worry was that my 15 year old would be the only kid on the ship. I think you've all put that worry to rest.

We have to make our decision before the 24th when our final payment is due...wish us luck!:p

Curacao has a great Dolphin Encounter that is great. The kids would love it.

Archived