drinking package/just got this email

racnwdow

I'm happy to hear the their Private destinations (Coco Cay and labadee) are included! That makes it worth our money I think. Those days lounging in the sun are made for some ice cold beer!

We are a group of six who like to have some beverages throughout the day at the pool, a few before dinner and probably a number more in the disco or piano lounge later in the evening. There's no question that it will not only be a convenience, but worth it to our budgets.

We plan on purchasing in May.

The house wines are beringer Zinfandel, la terre red, Pinot and Chardonnay. The champagne bar is more famous for their Martinis so we drank Martinis and didn't inquire about the wine. Vintages did have the table wines. The wine package wines are totally different and are not included in the alcohol package. My husband and I love good wine--I prefer drier-- but we made a decision not to drink wine this time. There are so many different drinks that we didn't really miss it that much. We wanted to try the alcohol package but didn't like their selection of "table" wines.

On our last cruise last month

thank gosh La Terre Red was no longer offered!

Just a question- What soft drink is included in the package- i was under the impression that i could drink coke (and other soft drink)! :confused:

It says fountain soda! what is that?

It is "Post Mix" soft drinks.

For our North American friends in Australia Fountain soda is called "post mix"

and canned/bottled soda is called "Soft drink" or "Cool Drink", Soda to us is just plain old soda water with no flavour:)

Den

Seems to be a lot of posters on this thread who drink very little but their partners drink a lot :D lol

If my wife didnt drink almost as much as me when on a cruise then I would not consider this drinks package at all, even if it was allowed for just "one" in the cabin!

I cant imagine what it would be like if one half could drink enough everyday to make the $55 package worth while whilst the other only has the occasional drink:eek:

I think this package is aimed at those who like to drink on a cruise without going "overboard" ( as some have suggested) and give them a chance to experience drinks they may not normally try and to take the stress of penny counting out of the equation.

I for one am always swayed by the price of the drink to a certain point and would soon notice the bill racking up if I chose a cocktail over a beer each time.

With the package the value may just be for many the relaxation factor of showing up at a lounge/bar and having a relaxed drink that suits the venue and mood with chance to do this more often than usual!

We are on a 14 nighter and although we have never spent even close to the package cost for 2 of us on drinks before I think we might just try it:)

Den

Don't quote me on this but when I talked to RC on the phone I was told that they will be discontinuing the wine packages soon so if you are interested in one of them to book prior to Feb 1st.

fishtaco... thanks so much for the lesson! Interesting and informative. My sister-in-law is in Australia visiting right now so when she comes back I will have to ask her is she had any post mix or cool drinks. :)

If you have two or three of the frozen drinks at the pool during the afternoon, then a couple at dinner and a few more as you doing your thing on the ship in the evening then I guess that it's a good deal. The frozen drinks are usually around $7.00 apiece. Three of those comes out to $21.00. If you drinking premium cocktails later in the day they are $7.00. So If that's how you drink then it's better knowing right up front what your paying. I think I would probably go for the premium package.

Don't quote me on this but when I talked to RC on the phone I was told that they will be discontinuing the wine packages soon so if you are interested in one of them to book prior to Feb 1st.

fishtaco... thanks so much for the lesson! Interesting and informative. My sister-in-law is in Australia visiting right now so when she comes back I will have to ask her is she had any post mix or cool drinks. :)

Candy or sweets (in UK) are called "Lollies" in Australia,

Kids go to a Lolly shop not a Candy shop:D

And if its a bit chilly you take a "Jumper" (Sweater):)

Den

Hi, I was interested to read this message as a drinks package might suit us however there is no detail in the cruise countdown planner and the website only talks about a drinks package on 2 ships.

Is there any more info?

Thanks

Shirley

Royal Caribbean

Ships: By early 2013, all ships with seven-night or longer itineraries will offer the all-inclusive packages. At press time, only 13 ships were participating in the program: Legend of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Vision of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas.

Package Details: Royal Caribbean has two alcohol-inclusive beverage packages on offer. The Classic Beverage Package costs $45 per passenger, per day, and features beer (priced $6.25 or less), house wines by the glass, all nonalcoholic cocktails, soda and juices. The Premium Beverage Package, at $55 per person, per day, includes all of the above plus all beers (no price limit), frozen drinks and cocktails made with premium brand alcohol. Bottled water and minibar items are not included in either package. Prices are inclusive of service charges.

Fine Print: The drinks packages are available on all seven-night or longer sailings (sorry, Majesty of the Seas) and can only be purchased on the first day of the cruise. If one adult in a cabin purchases the package, all adults over 21 years old in that cabin must purchase the package as well. Package users may only order one item at a time for individual consumption. There is no daily limit on how many items a person may order.

Thanks again fishtaco! Today its -30'C here with the windchill. I will definately be wearing a nice warm jumper today!

Chipchip... this was posted as well regarding the drink packages (as well posted somewhere above)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/12032090_Beverage_Package_Flyer_FAQ.pdf

the drink packages include specialty coffees, juices and soda, right? so an average of three drinks a day, two juices in the morning and a few sodas in between would make one break even, right? in addition, you get to try drinks and wine that you might not have otherwise tried. I'm making sure I budget this in my cruise planning budget!

happy travels!!

The drink package does NOT include specialty coffees or the fresh squeezed juice (like in windjammer for breakfast), it doesn't include soda from the 'freestyle machines' around the ship. It does include fountain soda (like from the gun at the bars) and the juice mixers for mixed drinks.

The drink package does NOT include specialty coffees or the fresh squeezed juice (like in windjammer for breakfast), it doesn't include soda from the 'freestyle machines' around the ship. It does include fountain soda (like from the gun at the bars) and the juice mixers for mixed drinks.

So this is 100% accurate? So in order to enjoy the FREESTYLE SODA option, one would have to purchase BOTH the Alcohol Package AND the Soda Package also???:confused::mad:

D

So this is 100% accurate? So in order to enjoy the FREESTYLE SODA option, one would have to purchase BOTH the Alcohol Package AND the Soda Package also???:confused::mad:

D

Hmm..I can answer my own question now...http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_package_flyer_faq.pdf

Q. Can I use the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines with the all inclusive beverage packages?

A. No. The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines require the Coca-Cola souvenir cup to operate.

Souvenir glassware is excluded from the all inclusive beverage packages.

They are drinks made in a blender with ice, that ends up crushed into a slushy consistency. They have a tropical flavor, and most often use rum.

Frozen Daquiri

Bahama Mama

Lava Flow

Frozen Margarita

Miami Vice

just to name a few.

You can google for the recipes.

:D

D

No, you get a sticker for your room card and you can get pop at any of the bars.

No, you get a sticker for your room card and you can get pop at any of the bars.

Actually the answer is "YES you cannot get freestyle soda" you can only get fountain soda from the bars:D If you want freestyle you have to get the cup and pay for the soda package as well :)

Archived