Inside Cabin Question

SW.FloridaPhil

This will be my 5th cruise and my first in an inside cabin. Will it be bearable for me, my wife, and our 21yr old son? What bedding is available? I've only seen two lowers, is there an upper also? Do you think we will still be speaking four days into a seven day cruise (horizon to bermuda, 7/9/2005).:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have been in an inside cabin when I was a kid, because my parents thought it unessisary to pay for anything more. They always worked out fine, and 4 7 days you should definitely be fine if you think of your cabin as the place for the 4 S's.

Sleep

Shower

Shave

The 4th one has to do with the lavatory.

And you can always add the 5th S if you can get your son to stay out of the cabin for a while.

Just don't spend much time there in the cabin other than your dressing time and sleeping time and you'll be fine. The advantage of an inside cabin is that you can sleep in much later because you won't have the sun coming in the window.

You will be just fine. I have been in numerous inside cabins with my kids and husband, although not all four at the same time. The two kids and I were in an inside just last summer for a seven day and we did okay. It is a little claustrophobic but I think that was more to due to the size of the cabin than the fact that there wasn't any window. Joan

I'm sure you'll have a great time. We were in an inside cabin on the Century for Christmas and New Year's. We saved $2,000 by going with the inside. I'm sure we would have spent more time in our cabin if we had an outside one, but it was fine.

Hello From The Queen of Inside Cabins!

I am very claustrophobic, but if you tell me I can go for 14 nights in an inside or 7 nights in an outside, CC, etc, I REAL excited about that inside cabin! LOL! It's all about how many days I can be on the ocean for me!

If you have any choice and can get a 'sideways' cabin on the Caribbean Deck you will feel like you have a little more room. Saying that, I did not go and look and see if there is a pull down in those rooms.

Happy sailing!

If you book inside cabin for 3 make sure it has additional bedding!!!

I didn't pay attention to this (assumed it will have something) and ended up with roll-away bed for 13 years old son. Space between our two beds in inside cabin was exactly the size of roll-away bed and we basically had one big bed for 3 of us. :o

Best bet is a cabin with 2 upper births but you'll only use one. This means you and hubby will sleep in single beds but the configuration works. Our family did this many times and it worked fine. Just set timeframes - you and hubby get ready early and go for a drink/dance prior to dinner or son goes first and meets up with you for dinner.

We sailed her in January, just the two of us in an inside cabin and we had plenty of room. Be very careful where you end up. I bought our cruise through Skyauction which should explain our plight. We paid for a cat. 5 but ended up in a cat. 12 (note no upgrade from Celebrity in Cat. 12 and there is a reason.) We offered to pay for an upgrade dock side with Celebrity as SkyAuction would not return our emails or calls. But, Celebrity ran a killer special for Flordia residences just before sailing thus sailing completly full. Out of our 11 day cruise we were able to sleep only on at sea nights (a total of 4). It was misserable. Our glassware vibrated off the dresser. I though it was the complete end of the ship but was told that was not the case. Also be forewarned they quit doing repairs after the anouncement she was sold. :mad:

Sorry, this was the worst cruise I have ever had on Celebrity.:( I still love the waitstaff, keep intouch with via email and letters with my waiter Pedro and my bar waiter Vendlin.

Good luck.

Loki

I was just on the Horizon for 28 days and they were still doing repairs where they were needed. The ship is going to a line owned by X and RCL, what would be the point of letting her go to rack and ruin. I'm also going back for 14 days in September so I obviously don't think she'll be in bad shape! JMO.

The lower aft cabins (inside or outside) are going to have some vibration. Just a fact of life!

Have you gotten any satisfaction from SA since they misrepresented what you bid on? You said you bought a Cat 5 and were given a Cat 12? I've never bought from them, but I have called and asked questions and had no trouble getting through.

Tuggers first we had more than a little vibration, second we took pictures. The problems were too many to mention. And when we asked the Celebrity crewmembers about the problems, that was the story we were told. I use to pass off complaint on this board as whiners, people that can't be pleased...no longer.

Now as far as SA the original blame lies with me. The Cat. was not listed and I bought a full year in advance. I had used them in the past with no problems in getting questions answered and problems fixed, not this time. When I say Cat. 5 that was the price I paid. And Tuggers, I actually understand bidding and S.A., as this was my fifth within the last year. I have never had a hard time getting in touch with the company, with this cruise I had trouble getting a response or a return call. The receptionist is a very nice woman however she can not make the cruise desk return their voice mail. She was very understanding and embarassed for the treatment. Why would I try to get intouch with them up on our return? The money? Why? The point is this was a Celebrity Cruise without the Celebrity standard. Now I will only book through Celebrity.

And I am sure that my comments since they are not glowing will be blown off as over spent or buyers remorse, not even close. I am one that can have a good time under just about any circumstances.

I am glad you enjoy the "Old Girl" but, the Galaxy is as old as I want to get. Give me the Millinium anytime.

Loki,

I'm not going to 'blow off' your problems, just thinking that maybe paying the absolute least you can may not be the best thing. I love a bargain, but if it seems too good, maybe it is. SA could have known they were not getting good cabins but chose to sell them anyway. I've never bought from them, but I have lurked a lot and I frankly didn't know they posted cruises w/o the catagory of cabin listed. I don't think I would buy w/o knowing that. And I like to choose my cabin.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your trip, but I do want you to know that there are inside cabins that are okay on this ship. On my second of the three b2b's I had to move from a CC cabin to an inside on Deck 5. When I moved into the room there was a terrible roar in the room. It would drive you crazy!! They offered another inside cabin, but I didn't want to move again. After a little work on my part, I got the problem fixed which suited my needs better than moving. It was a pipe in the ceiling that was vibrating very loudly.

Now I'm totally baffled because you say you will only book directly with X,

I would think that this expereince would be enough to convince you to use a real, knowledgeable travel agent. Booking through X is not going to be a lot better than what you had. If you think their reps know about the ships, etc. you are in for a surprise. Most have never even been on a ship and I can assure you that I can read a deck plan better than they can!

Of course, like your musings, mine are stictly my own opinion and should be regarded as such. Different things appeal to different people (not the noise and vibrating, of course) so if you like the M class ships that;s what you should sail on. And those of us who do like the smaller ships, REALLY like them. But there are plenty who don't, you have company there.

Archived