Constellation stuck (for now) in Key West

Tom-n-Cheryl

Sorry for the delay, and not sure if anyone else answered this or not...

The HD is Djamel Benatmane

The CD (did not catch her name, and can't find the papers it was on) - she indicated that she was from Canada. Dark hair, big smile (all CD's should have a big smile)!

Tom

Her name is Esperanza.

We will be on this same cruise leaving 1/3/13, hoping you could tell me which night is formal night. We are trying to plan which night to do specialty restaraunt.

Thanks!

It's Key West night (Friday). Hopefully you'll be at sea then! :D

ENJOY!

Tom

Just got back to Boston after disembarking the Connie this morning. Tom, it was great to meet you and Cheryl and glad you could update people on CC about our delay in Key West.

I will write more later (I think) but we were a bit underwhelmed by the cruise. The weather didn't help as it was quite cold except when the sun came out in Nassau. We tried to make the best of it but were disappointed not to have more time in the sun. Totally understood about having to cancel Cozumel and we made the most of our day in Nassau. But compared to the Equinox in June '12, the service on Connie was noticeably poor. Several staff members (Cafe al Bacio staff especially) seemed like they would have rather been anywhere else and you felt like you were putting them out when you asked for something. On Equinox EVERYONE was friendly, helpful and service-oriented. On Connie, there were a few notably good staff members but nothing like on Equinox.

We enjoyed being together as a family and that's what counts. Think we will stick with port-intensive cruises in the future.

Just got back to Boston after disembarking the Connie this morning. Tom, it was great to meet you and Cheryl and glad you could update people on CC about our delay in Key West.

I will write more later (I think) but we were a bit underwhelmed by the cruise. The weather didn't help as it was quite cold except when the sun came out in Nassau. We tried to make the best of it but were disappointed not to have more time in the sun. Totally understood about having to cancel Cozumel and we made the most of our day in Nassau. But compared to the Equinox in June '12, the service on Connie was noticeably poor. Several staff members (Cafe al Bacio staff especially) seemed like they would have rather been anywhere else and you felt like you were putting them out when you asked for something. On Equinox EVERYONE was friendly, helpful and service-oriented. On Connie, there were a few notably good staff members but nothing like on Equinox.

We enjoyed being together as a family and that's what counts. Think we will stick with port-intensive cruises in the future.

It was nice meeting you and several other CC'ers as well. Always good to put a face to a name (though I did bump into a couple of people again, thought they looked familiar, but didn't make the connection initially)! :o

I know what you mean about a few things being "not quite right". We've never had to send so many drinks back - due to mixing errors or misunderstandings. Cheryl had the alcohol package, so was able to discover some new wines "risk free" so to speak! I had added quite a bit of info on our comment card regarding that rude person manning the pizza place, then decided to scratch through all of that and just left the standard ratings. I have no idea what got her to that point (where she ignored two direct questions, once even giving me a "eat shi7 and die" stare!), but I'll let it slide. If that's just her way, it will catch up to her very soon - unfortunately while reflecting on the company.

The only thing we had planned for Cozumel was to enjoy a margarita and chips/salsa at Pancho's Backyard. That's OK, we'll be back.

Nassau is Nassau... but we did stop by Olive's and have some nice snacks and local brew.

I'm guessing that our sailing this Saturday on the Reflection will be quite different -- to being with, WE'LL HAVE A BALCONY!! It was odd this time being in a suite, with no balcony! That's the risk we took when I opted for the suite guarantee. Hopefully the weather will be warmer so that balcony can get some use!

Tom

But compared to the Equinox in June '12, the service on Connie was noticeably poor. Several staff members (Cafe al Bacio staff especially) seemed like they would have rather been anywhere else and you felt like you were putting them out when you asked for something. On Equinox EVERYONE was friendly, helpful and service-oriented. On Connie, there were a few notably good staff members but nothing like on Equinox.

Hopefully, you included these comments on the end-of-cruise satisfaction survey. Also, the ship has attention to detail cards that can be used to give both positive and critical comments about the service.

It was nice meeting you and several other CC'ers as well. Always good to put a face to a name (though I did bump into a couple of people again, thought they looked familiar, but didn't make the connection initially)! :o

I know what you mean about a few things being "not quite right". We've never had to send so many drinks back - due to mixing errors or misunderstandings. Cheryl had the alcohol package, so was able to discover some new wines "risk free" so to speak! I had added quite a bit of info on our comment card regarding that rude person manning the pizza place, then decided to scratch through all of that and just left the standard ratings. I have no idea what got her to that point (where she ignored two direct questions, once even giving me a "eat shi7 and die" stare!), but I'll let it slide. If that's just her way, it will catch up to her very soon - unfortunately while reflecting on the company.

The only thing we had planned for Cozumel was to enjoy a margarita and chips/salsa at Pancho's Backyard. That's OK, we'll be back.

Nassau is Nassau... but we did stop by Olive's and have some nice snacks and local brew.

I'm guessing that our sailing this Saturday on the Reflection will be quite different -- to being with, WE'LL HAVE A BALCONY!! It was odd this time being in a suite, with no balcony! That's the risk we took when I opted for the suite guarantee. Hopefully the weather will be warmer so that balcony can get some use!

Tom

Funny you should mention the pizza lady because I left a comment in the guest questionnaire about her surly, nasty attitude. I wasn't the only one who felt this way either. I was sitting by the pizza station and witnessed a guest get into a heated argument with her. He asked to speak to her manager and she totally ignored him and the growing line. She continued to ignore everyone until she was ready to serve the pizza on her own time.

The manager eventually came but did absolutely nothing.

I am actually happy we went to Nassau over Cozumel. However, the general attitude among the staff was "do as little as possible." Last night, one table at the MDR complained about the delay in getting food to the point where people left before getting served. While the other table next to us complained about the same issue. The first night it took over 2.5 hours for the dinner session, subsequently missing the show. We tried the Ocean Grill and that took 3 hours to complete.

Funny you should mention the pizza lady because I left a comment in the guest questionnaire about her surly, nasty attitude. I wasn't the only one who felt this way either. I was sitting by the pizza station and witnessed a guest get into a heated argument with her. He asked to speak to her manager and she totally ignored him and the growing line. She continued to ignore everyone until she was ready to serve the pizza on her own time.

The manager eventually came but did absolutely nothing.

I am actually happy we went to Nassau over Cozumel. However, the general attitude among the staff was "do as little as possible." Last night, one table at the MDR complained about the delay in getting food to the point where people left before getting served. While the other table next to us complained about the same issue. The first night it took over 2.5 hours for the dinner session, subsequently missing the show. We tried the Ocean Grill and that took 3 hours to complete.

We dined in Ocean Liners one night, then in Tuscan Grille the other 3. I must say that there is a lot more to choose from (on the menu) in Tuscan Grille. From the Maitre d', to the sommelier and waiter - all very friendly and helpful. The place was busy, yet it never took more than about an hour and a half for our meal. We too found Ocean Liners a bit slow, and did not care for our table location/position. Still, I LOVE the Dover Sole there, along with the Goat Cheese Souffle (wish it was the older presentation though)!

Tom

I am very dissapointed to hear the comments about some of the service on the Constellation. She was our first cruise and have been on her 3 times total.

But, I would of not crossed out the remarks on the review card. And, if that server at the Pizza station did that to me I would of immediately found a Manager and let him/her have it. That is unacceptable behavior.

I am very dissapointed to hear the comments about some of the service on the Constellation. She was our first cruise and have been on her 3 times total.

But, I would of not crossed out the remarks on the review card. And, if that server at the Pizza station did that to me I would of immediately found a Manager and let him/her have it. That is unacceptable behavior.

I went back and forth on that a couple of times, and just decided (with the season that is about us) to let it go.

I am sure, since it's apparently her normal attitude and others have brought it to their attention, that she is a short timer. If not, then Celebrity deserves the bad press that it will continue to bring them.

Tom

Hopefully, you included these comments on the end-of-cruise satisfaction survey. Also, the ship has attention to detail cards that can be used to give both positive and critical comments about the service.

I did use the comment card to specifically mention the poor service/attitude at Cafe al Bacio and to compliment our room steward. Forgot about the attention to detail cards...oh well.

Tom, I know what you mean and I guess I shouldn't talk as about half the time I don't even fill out the cards, LOL:rolleyes:

But, we enjoy Celebrity because of, not only, but the great service and attitude of the staff. And we always tip above and beyond so I have little patience when something like that happens.

A gorgeous Christmas Morn here in Boston with a lite flaky snowfall. It looks like the proverbial White Christmas outside my window. Hard to be joyous with the recent events in Newtown and Rochester but today we'll focus on our families and what we are blessed with. Many families will have a rough rough day today.

Merry Christmas to all!

Tom

Tom - I am interested in what you really thought about your suite without a balcony, I guess you had a CS. We are sailing 1/26 and have a sky suite booked but there are a lot of CS open but we love having a balcony.

Thanks

Dave

Tom - I am interested in what you really thought about your suite without a balcony, I guess you had a CS. We are sailing 1/26 and have a sky suite booked but there are a lot of CS open but we love having a balcony.

Thanks

Dave

I will post some photos soon - though we'll never sail without a balcony again!

DARN that reminds me about the photo I was "going to take"! It was one showing me standing in the shower (clothed, LOL) to give people an idea of the limited headroom there! When I was in the shower/tub I was less than an inch from the ceiling - and I am 6'. The shower head tops out at no more than about 5'8". I literally had to bend/hunch over to wash my hair. I have come across that same issue with another tub/shower combo in a remodeled room - that's in the "Grand Suites" (I use that term loosely) on Carnival Fantasy class ships... though it was even worse there as the shower was not at one end of the tub, but rather in the middle!

Nobody ever bothers to ask me before they make these stupid decisions! ;)

We liked the centralized location of the CS (6104), but would have opted for a Sky Suite given a choice between the two.

Tom

I have often thought about a CS, but then I think that there would be no balcony, and pass. Not that I sit on the balcony all the time, but would never want to give it up, especially when I am lucky enough to get one of the ones that is larger because it is next to a bump out.

While there were many positive things about this cruise, the service in the MDR stood out as the worst in our 19 cruises. We entered at 8:30 each night and never left before 10:15. Our waiter never asked our names, never remembered our preferences, and wasn't particularly friendly. However, the food always came out hot and correct, so we didn't complain to the maitre di. Seemed as if the slowness was a kitchen problem, as we were far from the last people in the dining room each night. The saving grace was our Sommellier, Imade, who was a joy! Each night he suggested a wine to match the food chosen and was attentive in making sure our glasses remained full. My daughter was ready to ask him to come home with them!

Our cabin steward (CC8086) was adequate- nothing special. We really didn't receive much from CC other than the champagne and little food thingies that were left in our cabin each night. He kept the cabin clean and made up the 3rd bed each night. Due to the weather, the only time we would have been able to enjoy the balcony was in Nassau, and then someone was outside smoking a cigar. Couldn't even sit out there 5 minutes!

We were extremely disappointed with the itinerary change, even though we understood it. This was our son-in-law's first cruise and we had hoped the day in Cozumel would be lots of fun. We love the port and booked this cruise for that stop specifically. I really wish that Celebrity had followed Carnival's lead and skipped Key West to head to Cozumel. It's such a short stop that no one really would have missed it. Oh well! Nothing we could do about it now.

We booked another cruise on Connie for next year, but in thinking about it now we don't think we will stay with it. The ship was nice, but it didn't stand up to our previous Celebrity cruises, nor even on some of the other lines we've sailed on. I filled out the survey and talked about the MDR issues, and did highlight the crew members who stood out for us in their wonderful manner and service.

I was on the previous sailing of the Connie 15-20 Dec. and have to admit that the service was a little poorer than I have previously experienced from other Celebrity vessels.

I actually found great service in the MDR and Cafe al Bacio-but it ended there. The Aquaspa Cafe had very poor service-servers seemed to disappear from there during the height of the lunch rush with people waiting more than 20 minutes for their lunch with nothing available. Rather odd. This happened on two days at least.

My room attendant did a very poor job-no turndown service a couple of nights, missing or wrong Celebrity Today's and CC coupons/letter, messes in drawers from previous tenants, no celebrity tote, etc. Unfortunately I could go on. I called and/or waited in line at guest relations a few times throughout the cruise. They were very polite however things were not "fixed." Decided to spend time enjoying the ship rather than waiting in line to complain about things, but did mention the poor service in my end of cruise survey.

If this had been my first cruise with Celebrity, I might think twice before going again.

It is so disheartening to read about these service issues on the much loved Connie! She is the only ship I have agreed to sail on twice, due in large part to the impeccable service we received on her. I can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with the shorter itineraries she is now on.

In this photo (reflection in the mirror) you can see how low the top of the shower head is - with the ceiling of the tub area at about 6'1" as reference:

IMG_1249-M.jpg

This is how we discovered our toilet upon getting into our cabin. Draw your own conclusions...

IMG_1245-M.jpg

Tom

In this photo (reflection in the mirror) you can see how low the top of the shower head is - with the ceiling of the tub area at about 6'1" as reference:

IMG_1249-M.jpg

This is how we discovered our toilet upon getting into our cabin. Draw your own conclusions...

IMG_1245-M.jpg

Tom

This is our cabin (for 27 days in Nov) BUT we'll have a balcony :)

Hopefully it's very clean as that would gross me out!

This is our cabin (for 27 days in Nov) BUT we'll have a balcony :)

Hopefully it's very clean as that would gross me out!

I am curious as to how they are going to cut up that room to have the balcony - as I am guessing that they'll use the existing space instead of adding on.

Have other ships already gone though that change?

Tom

Archived