Constellation stuck (for now) in Key West

Tom-n-Cheryl

I am curious as to how they are going to cut up that room to have the balcony - as I am guessing that they'll use the existing space instead of adding on.

Have other ships already gone though that change?

Tom

All of the other M-Class ships have already had the balconies added. They add a door to the one set of windows and stick it on the outside, not impacting the room at all.

Here is a link to some pictures:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=1066720769

The Balconies are getting added after the Eastbound TA

Glad they preserve the spacious nature of the room - though I can't imagine that the balcony will have any privacy. We kept the forward curtain closed at all times, as walking up to the windows exposes you to all the forward cabins.

ENJOY!!! (27 days - WOW)

Tom

What a small world -- I was off today, and among other things had read this thread and was amazed at what those winds must have been like to keep the Connie in Key West. Then my spouse got home from work and started telling me that her business partner had just returned from a Celebrity cruise that got stuck in Key West. Yup, same cruise! They apparently made the best of it, stayed on board in Nassau and enjoyed the day. Overall, they enjoyed the cruise.

They did say that in the middle of what had been a nice dinner at Tuscan Grille, the music in a pool bar right above Tuscan Grille started up and could be heard, quite loudly, in the restaurant.... :eek:

They did say that in the middle of what had been a nice dinner at Tuscan Grille, the music in a pool bar right above Tuscan Grille started up and could be heard, quite loudly, in the restaurant.... :eek:

Small world is right!

Regarding Tuscan Grille, we did hear the deck music on the last evening, eating a bit earlier that night (6:30). It did conflict with the mix of music they were playing in there (quite a mix it was). Fortunately it did not last too long.

Tom

I am very dissapointed to hear the comments about some of the service on the Constellation. She was our first cruise and have been on her 3 times total.

But, I would of not crossed out the remarks on the review card. And, if that server at the Pizza station did that to me I would of immediately found a Manager and let him/her have it. That is unacceptable behavior.

Was on the Connie Transatlantic 11/30-12/15/12 and must have had the SAME Pizza server in the Buffet. :(

I, for one, like the night life...so I was up much later then the "norm" of cruisers on our ship...so when we had a munch attack..we would run to the Buffet. To have such an unfriendly/non smiling staff member working the Pizza station was horrible! :mad:

She alway seemed annoyed when we asked for a slice of pizza.

In fact one night, a group of us congregated around the buffet area and someone brought up "her" angry mannerisms and temperment and full blown 1/2 hr long conversation occured on the subject. (Yeah..you might think it was a slow night with THAT type of conversation ensuing) :eek:

Anyways, I hope the "Pizza Gal Server" turns a new leaf soon...or she will be tossed off the ship by Management...or so we can only hope!! :rolleyes:

Diane

I did use the comment card to specifically mention the poor service/attitude at Cafe al Bacio and to compliment our room steward. Forgot about the attention to detail cards...oh well.

Just curious; who was your room steward? Was it Joseph?

Sorry for the delay, and not sure if anyone else answered this or not...

The HD is Djamel Benatmane

The CD (did not catch her name, and can't find the papers it was on) - she indicated that she was from Canada. Dark hair, big smile (all CD's should have a big smile)!

Tom

The CD is Esperenza.

Archived