Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Good news! I found a tour company that will take us to the Geysers and if time permits to the Luge :).

Thanks again for all your information. You really helped with organising my holiday in New Zealand :).

Awesome! Hope you have lots of fun. Safe travels.

I noted that when you returned to Sydney, you stayed on the ship another night rather than leaving the ship as soon as you got back to port. Is this something unique to Australian cruises. Just curious.

I noted that when you returned to Sydney, you stayed on the ship another night rather than leaving the ship as soon as you got back to port. Is this something unique to Australian cruises. Just curious.

This happens a lot with RCI cruises out of Sydney but I think it's only the ones that cruise to New Zealand. Sometimes they stay overnight at the beginning of the cruise, sometimes at the end.

Here is a link to the Sydney Port schedule. The ones listed in red are usually the ships that are staying over night in port.

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

Thanks for your review of the Voyager of the Seas! Going on my first RCI cruise in March (Singapore to Shanghai). I believe you went on a similar one last year? Did you have a review of that cruise too?

I have only been on Star Cruises (many times over the last 15 yrs) and wonder how does VotS compare in terms of food. My mum went on Legend of the Seas last year and her only main gripe was the lack of Asian food.

Thanks for your review of the Voyager of the Seas! Going on my first RCI cruise in March (Singapore to Shanghai). I believe you went on a similar one last year? Did you have a review of that cruise too?

I have only been on Star Cruises (many times over the last 15 yrs) and wonder how does VotS compare in terms of food. My mum went on Legend of the Seas last year and her only main gripe was the lack of Asian food.

Yes, I did a brief review of the Singapore to Shanghai June 2011 cruise. Search the boards and you should be able to find it. I can provide the link later.

Food-wise, Star Cruises is definitely more catered to the Asian market with lots of Asian food. Royal Caribbean's strength is not in Asian food, though they are trying.

Are you from Singapore or Malaysia? If you want to talk more about Royal Caribbean cruising, I can also be contacted at iluvcruisingsingapore@gmail.com

Yes, I did a brief review of the Singapore to Shanghai June 2011 cruise. Search the boards and you should be able to find it. I can provide the link later.

Food-wise, Star Cruises is definitely more catered to the Asian market with lots of Asian food. Royal Caribbean's strength is not in Asian food, though they are trying.

Are you from Singapore or Malaysia? If you want to talk more about Royal Caribbean cruising, I can also be contacted at iluvcruisingsingapore@gmail.com

Thanks! I found your review there and posted some questions :) This way, other CC members can enjoy your tips too!

Hi SingaporeCruiser, if you don't mind answering, when you got your laundry back, was it neatly packed or shoved in the bag. Wondering about how crushed the t-shirts will be when returned.

I believe you meant this question for iluvcruising2 :) I will be going on my first RCI cruise in March.

Hi SingaporeCruiser, if you don't mind answering, when you got your laundry back, was it neatly packed or shoved in the bag. Wondering about how crushed the t-shirts will be when returned.

I assume this question is for me.

The t-shirts were quite neatly packed, definitely not crushed.

We used the wash and fold twice on our 14 night cruise.

It is definitely not "shoved in the bag" but still it is rather wrinkled, tho folded. Mainly, it is clean. I assume that they must put an individual's laundry in a large mesh bag, wash and dry many bags at once, etc. so you can imagine that the results will not be exactly as if done at home.

Iluvcruising2,

Thanks for pointing me to your review. Beautiful photos and great review.

DW & I did a 35 day cruise round Australia and NZ in 2009 on the Rhapsody and loved it.

I normally use a cheap 100 dollar point-and-shoot camera and the photos serve more as a record only, but they are at link below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113276805671166430864/2009FebMarCruiseAroundAustraliaNZ#

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. Iluvcruising2 we are going to Noumea and Lautoka then down to New Zealand Auckland, Wellington, and Taurunga. Departing Sydney Jan 13th 2013.

Regards Zanny

Hi Zanny

We are doing the same 14 night itinerary this November 2013 . Although the postings have been very informative, I'm excited to hear what your thoughts were of your trip. We have just been informed that the mapping of our iternary in the RC CRUSING booklet is showing it to start in NZ when infact it's the other way round. We were disappointed, we'd prefer to finish off with good sunny weather. Was it cold travelling to NZ? When did you feel the change in weather ? Our group are all looking forward to hot sunny days but I'm starting to think that perhaps there may not be much of that?

Did you enjoy the ship? Rooms? We're staying in a JS....

The ship is being dry docked in early 2014 and I'm hoping we haven't made a mistake on booking on a ship that's seen better days....your thoughts?

Did you enjoy the ship? Rooms? We're staying in a JS....

The ship is being dry docked in early 2014 and I'm hoping we haven't made a mistake on booking on a ship that's seen better days....your thoughts?

Royal Caribbean maintains their ship very well. Even though it might be going into a drydock doesn't mean that you will find a "below standard" ship.

Enjoy your JS--they are great!