Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Thank you for a wonderful review of your trip. I am doing Sydney toSydney around NZ Feb 13th. Guess I had better pack some warm clothing. Looks like low lying clouds and mist some days???:o

Thought it would be summer, and had planned more summery stuff, but, will now update by packing list.:D still time to buy some new stuff if needed!!

Looking forward to it!!

Hi Iluvcruising2, can you remember how many formal nights there are on this cruise and what days they were held? Also, you were on traditional dining at 6pm right? Did any of your excursion clash with your 6pm dining (ie; came back late)? I don't want to have dinner in the Windjammer because I like table service.

My travel agent stuffed up my dining option. I was booked on MTD for months ahead and then 2 weeks ago she accidentally changed it to traditional dining for 6pm and now I'm on a waiting list to get back on MTD. My cruise is in 6.5 weeks time and I don't think my chances are good trying to get back on MTD. I have a group of 8 people which will probably make it more difficult. I'm totally pissed with my travel agent but she told me there's nothing she can do and only apologize for her mistake.:mad:

• 2 months later...
Hi Iluvcruising2, can you remember how many formal nights there are on this cruise and what days they were held? Also, you were on traditional dining at 6pm right? Did any of your excursion clash with your 6pm dining (ie; came back late)? I don't want to have dinner in the Windjammer because I like table service.

My travel agent stuffed up my dining option. I was booked on MTD for months ahead and then 2 weeks ago she accidentally changed it to traditional dining for 6pm and now I'm on a waiting list to get back on MTD. My cruise is in 6.5 weeks time and I don't think my chances are good trying to get back on MTD. I have a group of 8 people which will probably make it more difficult. I'm totally pissed with my travel agent but she told me there's nothing she can do and only apologize for her mistake.:mad:

Sorry, I didn't see your post till now.

How did your cruise go?

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at my pictures is bringing back so much memories.

I have now updated my personal blog with more pictures from Day 3 of this cruise - Hobart, Tasmania.

Here you go -

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/01/hobart-tasmania-voyager-of-seas-cruise.html

I'm enjoying going back to this review. I'm particularly getting a giggle from some of the photos that seem to have replaced yours in many of the pages. There's a very interesting one of the "duck" on page 5 ;)

• 1 month later...
Does anybody know when the Voyager is scheduled for dry dock?

We went to a travel expo recently and as already confirmed, we were told by an RCI rep that it goes into dry dock May/June this year. He confirmed that there will be a movie screen installed on the pool deck, but was very coy about other changes.

Iluvcruising2, just wanted to thank you for your extensive review and super pics as we will be travelling to NZ onboard the Voyager February/March next year. This has just made me even more excited.

• 2 months later...
We went to a travel expo recently and as already confirmed, we were told by an RCI rep that it goes into dry dock May/June this year. He confirmed that there will be a movie screen installed on the pool deck, but was very coy about other changes.

Iluvcruising2, just wanted to thank you for your extensive review and super pics as we will be travelling to NZ onboard the Voyager February/March next year. This has just made me even more excited.

Please let us know how the Voyager is faring when you cruise with her post revitalization.

I am expecting RCI to give the Voyager a royal makeover.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just learnt how to embed videos. Here was the 12-12-12 video. I remember this cruise fondly. Our first 14 Nighter. The Captain and cruise Director were great too!

Daily video show. Cruise Director and Captain Charles.

[YOUTUBE]MEpa7PvOp8c[/YOUTUBE]

This was the Crown and Anchor welcome back Party. Captain announced the top 10 cruisers by cruise points.

[YOUTUBE]ivGLVe6oAbU[/YOUTUBE]

Voyager of the Seas in the New Zealand Sounds. Another ship was passing by. Really cool.

[YOUTUBE]tn7K-wvhqtY[/YOUTUBE]

View of Milford Sound from our aft balcony, as we sail out.

[YOUTUBE]hfnzUcMudfg[/YOUTUBE]

Royal Caribbean Singers performing on the Royal Promenade. Listen to the music!

[YOUTUBE]VR197it2Pyc[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

255owuf.jpg

We are still in Sydney. Ship was only sailing off at 11pm.

The question was raised during Captain's corner - why the late departure?

Apparently, there was some harbour restriction that the ship cannot sail out before 6:30pm, but this didn't explain why the ship set sail so late, at 11pm.

Capt Charles gave a straight and honest reply. He commented that the OPT at Sydney wasn't exactly the largest passenger terminal that they had used.

Also, this was the first season that Royal Caribbean Voyager class was sailing out of Sydney OPT. Therefore, they were being conservative. They wanted to make absolutely sure that they could turn around the ship and sail out.

Hopefully, as Royal gains more experience with Sydney OPT, they can sail out a couple of hours earlier. Due to the large distances to sail, we only reached Hobart at 10am on Day 3. An 8am arrival would have been much better.

Thanks for the great pictures and review - we are looking forward to being back on voyager at the end of january. We were on it last January as well.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review. :)

Edited by jenibor

Thanks for the great pictures and review - we are looking forward to being back on voyager at the end of january. We were on it last January as well.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review. :)

Oh, this review was completed some time ago. I was just posting in some embedded video links.

Our sailing was December 2012, out of Sydney OPT. :)

Edited by Iluvcruising2

• 2 weeks later...

Some more videos from this trip which I haven't published before.

This was in Auckland, New Zealand. We visited Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium. The highlight for me was the King Penguins!

[YOUTUBE]fV5nGzNSMu4[/YOUTUBE]

In this video, the Voyager of the Seas was docked in Auckland, New Zealand. We would be sailing away.

[YOUTUBE]VMUk7jZ3xjY[/YOUTUBE]

That was a fabulous review. Cruising to Australia & NZ was not on my radar in the near future, but now certainly is. I think RCCL/ Celebrity needs to thank you for the business they will get from this review.

We usually cruise in inside staterooms, but I think we'd probably spend more and take a balcony stateroom for this cruise. Would you choose one of the starboard/ port side for this cruise? I'd love to be docked with a view of the Sydney opera house outside my balcony.

Thanks again for a thoroughly enjoyable review.

P.S. We love Singapore! Can't get enough of that amazing country.

That was a fabulous review. Cruising to Australia & NZ was not on my radar in the near future, but now certainly is. I think RCCL/ Celebrity needs to thank you for the business they will get from this review.

We usually cruise in inside staterooms, but I think we'd probably spend more and take a balcony stateroom for this cruise. Would you choose one of the starboard/ port side for this cruise? I'd love to be docked with a view of the Sydney opera house outside my balcony.

Thanks again for a thoroughly enjoyable review.

P.S. We love Singapore! Can't get enough of that amazing country.

Thanks for your comment and I'm glad you like Singapore.

Well, I am a fan of Royal, but I don't think we sail exclusively with them. Just last Dec, we tried NCL and loved it - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2139442

My next cruise in 2015 would be on MSC, again trying something different.

As to your question, I do not know if the ship will always dock in a certain direction. I know when we embarked, the starboard side of the ship faced the Sydney Opera House. Same situation when we disembarked.

That said, I don't know if that is always the case.

Would you mind answering a question about alcohol please? I have been told that the voyager has xxxx gold and bundaberg rum on board when sailing from Sydney - could you confirm this please?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. I don't recall seeing these but that is because I don't frequent the bars and I'm not a drinker, other than normal beers and wines.

Just back from the Voyager. We upgraded from an inside on our last cruise to a balcony this cruise and it was so worth it!

We boarded in Sydney. The starboard balcony overlooks the Opera House when you board in Sydney. (We were on the port side and overlooked the Overseas Passenger terminal)

Just back from the Voyager. We upgraded from an inside on our last cruise to a balcony this cruise and it was so worth it!

We boarded in Sydney. The starboard balcony overlooks the Opera House when you board in Sydney. (We were on the port side and overlooked the Overseas Passenger terminal)

Thanks for the information! Sounds like the ship will always dock that way, with the starboard side overlooking the Opera House.