Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Iluvcruising2 - I've just sat down and read your whole review - fantastic. It was great cruising with you and hope we can do so again one day.

Cheers

Di & Tony

Hi Di & Tony,

Hope you are well!

Read that you had a wonderful New Year's cruise. The Brilliance was anchored at Sydney harbour? Cool!

I assume this will be your first time on the Voyager?

Have you sailed with Royal Caribbean before?

I don't think I saw your response when you posted it. It will be our first time on Voyager and our first with RCI. We have only cruised once, to Alaska in 2001 - that was a long time ago! It's getting closer and closer and I cannot wait. I am actually re-reading your review!:)

I don't think I saw your response when you posted it. It will be our first time on Voyager and our first with RCI. We have only cruised once, to Alaska in 2001 - that was a long time ago! It's getting closer and closer and I cannot wait. I am actually re-reading your review!:)

Do come back and let us know whether you liked your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
He's a Pom!

At this particular coffee chat, he revealed that he would be on the Voyager till mid Jan 2013 before taking a 3 month break. Sometime in mid-April, he would join the Mariner of the Seas and bring her from USA all the way to Singapore, and then do a few short cruises out of Singapore, before handing over the job to a Chinese cruise Director for the China-leg.

Later in 2013 (I think he said October), he would rejoin the Voyager (I think he said in Singapore), and bring her Down Under again!

I hope this is true and he brings her to Australia again. We were on the cruise after yours, so we also had Gordon. He was so funny! Would be great to have him as the CD on our next cruise too.

He was supposed to be on Mariner, but he's off sick at the moment. He's got to have an operation on his spine.

Loved your review haven't seen all of it yet ,we did NZ in 09 on rhapsody and loved seeing your pics of the sounds (lost most of ours when computer decided it had enough) . But if I could ask you about Singapore we will be going there next march from perth on voyager and will stay in Singapore for three nites but I am confused as the best area to stay for a short period have looked at marine bay , Clarke quay and orchid we would prefer to walk instead of cabs or trains if you can help that would be great , once again loved your review

Thanks

Loved your review haven't seen all of it yet ,we did NZ in 09 on rhapsody and loved seeing your pics of the sounds (lost most of ours when computer decided it had enough) . But if I could ask you about Singapore we will be going there next march from perth on voyager and will stay in Singapore for three nites but I am confused as the best area to stay for a short period have looked at marine bay , Clarke quay and orchid we would prefer to walk instead of cabs or trains if you can help that would be great , once again loved your review

Thanks

Re your questions on Singapore, if you could drop me an email, I'd be happy to help. (rather than flooding the board here)

I hope this is true and he brings her to Australia again. We were on the cruise after yours, so we also had Gordon. He was so funny! Would be great to have him as the CD on our next cruise too.

He was supposed to be on Mariner, but he's off sick at the moment. He's got to have an operation on his spine.

My information was correct as at Dec 2012 when we had Gordon as CD on our Voyager OTS cruise out of Sydney.

Oh dear, I hope Gordon is fine!

• 2 months later...

Great Review . And I was pleased to see that a lot of the food was Asian.

I will be making a link onto this page over on the Quantum of the Seas

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=872.

Some of the Posters ( NY/NJ , Pennsylvania and South of the Tampa , WDW , NASA line ) are some of the most insular people I have ever come across .

Go there for a laugh.

In regards to Tasmania / Sorrel , Eaglehawk Neck and Port Arthur.

1280px-Copping_fire_4_Jan_2013.jpg

The Image above looking South shows the start of the fire south of Sorrel .

Sorrel can be seen by the dark water 1/5th the way up on the right side .

The Fire basically in 2 days burnt out everything to the East and West

and South . Got over Eaglehawk Neck but was stopped that night by a huge

effort to keep it from Port Arthur and the Saltwater River/Coal Mines site.

It was hard work but it certainly was fun wor

Hope you like it![/QU

I have just spent a few hours looking at your wonderful review of your cruise.

We are about to do NZ and Melbourne in November on Voyager, it is our first cruise and you have given us a wonderful view of Voyager and NZ.

Thank you so much for all the trouble you have gone to to provide a guide to us first timers.

My husband is now really looking forward to the trip and I am also very excited.

I have just spent a few hours looking at your wonderful review of your cruise.

We are about to do NZ and Melbourne in November on Voyager, it is our first cruise and you have given us a wonderful view of Voyager and NZ.

Thank you so much for all the trouble you have gone to to provide a guide to us first timers.

My husband is now really looking forward to the trip and I am also very excited.

What is your itinerary?

Glad you liked the review! Brings back lots of memories for me, every time I go through it.

I also have put more pictures on my SingaporeCruising Facebook page (check out the albums). The link is in my signature - check out if interested.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

• 3 weeks later...