Getting Into Cabin Earlier?

Rowan555

We haven't been able to take a cruise since February, and at that time it was still policy to not allow entry into cabins until 1:30 PM, regardless of platinum status. I believe I read somewhere that some tiers of the loyalty program are now granted early access to the cabins? I'm looking around and can't find anything about this, so perhaps it was simply wishful thinking! We have to lug a few gallons of distilled water on with us this time around (for medical purposes), and I'm wondering if, by chance, we will be able to bring them right to the rooms when we board. We're all platinum, and we always board as soon as possible.

Platinum and Diamond are granted early access to their cabins if Faster to the Fun has been rolled out on that ship. If that ship does not have Faster to the Fun, the standard 1:30 time applies. OP, which ship are you sailing?

Conquest - thanks! I will have to see if it has FTTF. It would be a blessing to not have to lug those gallons of water around until 1:30 :-)

If you are platinum, you can head right to your

room when you board whether the ship has FTTF

or not.

It is not GUARANTEED to be ready if the ship

doesn't have FTTF, but they do milestone guests

room first.

If you get stopped, show your card. They

will let you know if your room is ready or

you have to wait. Even if it's not ready, you

will more than likely be able to ditch the h2o.

or not.

It is not GUARANTEED to be ready if the ship

doesn't have FTTF, but they do milestone guests

room first.

If you get stopped, show your card. They

will let you know if your room is ready or

you have to wait. Even if it's not ready, you

will more than likely be able to ditch the h2o.

Thanks for the info. We are Platinum and sailing on the Legend in 3 weeks and this is great news for us.

You can buy the distilled water once on board. They will deliver it to your room...might be worth it. I did that.

This is what I was going to suggest. My friend does this all the time. I believe she lets guest services know in advance that she will need distilled water and how much she will need. It is delivered to her cabin.

We haven't been able to take a cruise since February, and at that time it was still policy to not allow entry into cabins until 1:30 PM, regardless of platinum status. I believe I read somewhere that some tiers of the loyalty program are now granted early access to the cabins? I'm looking around and can't find anything about this, so perhaps it was simply wishful thinking! We have to lug a few gallons of distilled water on with us this time around (for medical purposes), and I'm wondering if, by chance, we will be able to bring them right to the rooms when we board. We're all platinum, and we always board as soon as possible.

I have always been able to go straight to my cabin with no questions asked since becoming platinum. A few times when the room wasn't ready, we dropped off our carry-ins in the closet and came back later. Never an issue at all.

Which ships do NOT have FTTF ???

Easier to say which ships DO have it~these DO and there may be a few others not listed on Carnivals FAQ's ~~

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Dream

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Magic

Easier to say which ships DO have it~these DO and there may be a few others not listed on Carnivals FAQ's ~~

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Dream

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Magic

The Glory has it now as well.

Even without FTTF, platinum or diamond status, the cabins are ready earlier than in the past...around 12:30. So if you're an early-boarder, it's really not too long to lug your stuff around before you can get into your cabin.

If you are Platinum, your cabin will be ready when you board.

Last week on the Dream, we boarded a little before 11AM, (probably in the first ten people after the one wedding) our cabin was about ten feet to the glass elevators and one floor down and when we got there at 11ish and our cabin was ready and 4 out of 6 pieces of luggage was already at the door. (the other two pieces arrived about 30 minutes later.)

Everything offered to the FTTF people also goes to the Diamond and Platinum cruisers. (and we board first, leave the ship first, etc..before the FTTF people)

Bill

or not.

Sorry, but it has been posted by John Heald that what you are saying IS NOT THE CASE. If FTTF is available on the ship, Platinum can go to the cabin, if NOT YOU HAVE TIO WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

IT IS NOT A PLATINUM BENEFIT NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO SPIN IN. If you don't believe me, ask Carnival support.

Just a thought, don't board early, and just relax at the hotel or have a nice lunch before you board. Just saying.

Our cruise tradition is to be at the terminal by 10:30 AM and be among the first on board. It's well worth it, even if we have to carry a gallon of water :)

This is what I was going to suggest. My friend does this all the time. I believe she lets guest services know in advance that she will need distilled water and how much she will need. It is delivered to her cabin.

My brother has a CPAP and we let Guest Services know ahead of time that he will be bringing it. Distilled water and an extension cord is supplied without charge.

Archived