Chocolate Extravaganza

MaiTaiMary

What is the Chocolate Extravaganza? :confused: I've seen pictures in some reviews, but it's not clear what exactly it is.

As a chocoholic.. I NEED to know this. ;) Thanks.

Ah, well my dear... as a fellow non-recovering chocoholic, let me tell you that this is a thing of beauty and splendor not to be missed... I was able to achieve that elusive "chocolate high", that those of us addicts know and love...

On our 7 day cruise it was held on the last day, and the last sea day, as a section in the buffet around lunchtime. There are some pics in my honeymoon review (page 11), link in my sig. Get there early, it fills up fast.

Edited by kwagmyre

As golfadj said, it's a buffet on the last sea day. On my cruise a few weeks ago it was done in the afternoon, around lunchtime. I went into the buffet area to get some lunch towards the end of lunchtime (thinking the lines would be short), and lunch was already done and the chocolate buffet lines were long. I went to the Deli instead. The chocolate extravaganza lasts an hour or two, it's not very long, so plan accordingly.

I love chocolate, but I am not a fan of the chocolate buffet - I prefer the chocolate cake at the cafe to any of the offerings of the "Extravaganza" - if you are truly a lover of chocolate, don't get your hopes up too high - it's a lot of different items, but the quality is lacking.

Alas, it is only on 7 day or longer cruises. Our Breeze is only 6 days. :(

Like most people stated, it's ok. I'm not a huge fan of fruit in my chocolate cake. The best chocolate cake IMO is the one from room service.

Thank you....room service, Chocolate cake. Adding that to my Composition book, as I type! :D My sailing is 7 days, so may check it out....but room service, will definitely check out!

Edited by sflinch

The chocolate extravaganza is something every woman, no matter if she is on a low-calorie, no-carb, or any diet to say screw it and dive in to the delights the bakers on the ship have created. I love the banana fritters, the fudge and puddings are tasty...oh my, I'm salivating....

Remember ladies, Chocolate IS a food group for women!

Although I'm a chocoholic, my favorite items there are the sugared almonds and walnuts, the orange peel, and the puff pastry swan with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Yum!

I also only like the chocolate cake from the cafe. I think it lasted me two days though last time. The piece was so big.

April can't get here fast enough!

Edited by Vettebuf

I love chocolate, but I am not a fan of the chocolate buffet - I prefer the chocolate cake at the cafe to any of the offerings of the "Extravaganza" - if you are truly a lover of chocolate, don't get your hopes up too high - it's a lot of different items, but the quality is lacking.

I agree with this. I don't think I've ever eaten anything from the Chocolate "Extravaganza." I just never saw anything that looked good.

There was also a chocolate extravaganza on my honeymoon cruise on the Freedom, which was six days. Here is my plate for some more of your viewing pleasure:

601658_10150959959524721_222839195_n.jpg

Also, if you like chocolate and alcohol, be sure to try the mocha chocolate getaway, my FAV cruise drink! :D This is available all week! Although on my particular cruise, I ordered one on the last day and they were all out! :eek:

600828_10150959916309721_1645946428_n.jpg