The list of drinks included in UBP

mw_1970

not available spring break find that hard. to take for cruises out of europe. surely it will not apply.

Yes- we were counting on this for Easter week :( We are on a 11 day cruise on the Sun-I doubt it will be filled with a young boozing crowd...

Dear Mark,

Please find below the details of the ‘Ultimate beverage package’ as requested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian has begun offering an Ultimate Beverage Package, available for purchase on all ships excluding Pride of America. Norwegian’s Ultimate Beverage Package provides a vast selection of Beers, Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass during a cruise for only $49 pp per day.

Availability:

Package Inclusion:

Includes unlimited house, call and premium brand spirits, all draft and bottled beer $5.50 and under, glasses of wine under $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay.

Does not include room service, package sales, “take-aways”**, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottles of wine, glass wine over $10, bottled beer above $5.50, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee beverages, or energy drinks.

Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

** Take-aways are ship specific promotions and beer buckets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the $5.50 for unlimited spirits include martinis, cocktails and frozen drinks??

I have an interesting situation. My wife, daughter and I will be cruising later this month. I would definitely be interested in the UBP, and I know that you MUST purchase it for everyone in the room.

Now...my situation:

My wife will be 4.5 months pregnant with twins (so she is showing already) so they can't think we are making it up to save a buck! So, obviously she can't/shouldn't drink. Will they still make us pay for the UBP for a pregnant woman??? Seems a bit irresponsible?!

Also, My daughter is 2 1/2, and there is NO WAY she will HAVE TO pay for a soda package! We have never given her soda, and will not start on the cruise.

So will I have to waste $50/day on a pregnant woman and $7/day on a toddler that does not drink soda?? If so, looks like no UBP for me!!

I have one or two drinks per day max but hubby and early 20s daughters drink a lot. My mother and sister were with us also. All 6 in the garden villa and all 6 paying on different credit cards. 5 out of 6 paid for package, but we were called and told I must purchase it also...was told everyone or no one. I tried the "what if i was pregnant or an alcoholic who didn't drink?"...but no go....the package was canceled because I wouldn't buy it. It turned out better for everyone anyways as no one drank the full amount it would have cost. NCL would have been better off letting the 5 out of 6 pay;)

I have one or two drinks per day max but hubby and early 20s daughters drink a lot. My mother and sister were with us also. All 6 in the garden villa and all 6 paying on different credit cards. 5 out of 6 paid for package, but we were called and told I must purchase it also...was told everyone or no one. I tried the "what if i was pregnant or an alcoholic who didn't drink?"...but no go....the package was canceled because I wouldn't buy it. It turned out better for everyone anyways as no one drank the full amount it would have cost. NCL would have been better off letting the 5 out of 6 pay;)

Very foolish on NCL's part---

We have a 12 year sober individual who travels with our group as well, so I truly understand your point!

Well, I am not a happy camper. Just booked the 3/4/13 Gem and was hoping to get the UBP. Now, they say they won't offer it between 3/1 and sometime in April cuz its 'spring break". Since when is the first week of March spring break???? If it was spring break I wouldn't be going on this cruise!!!:cool:

Now, I am forced to bring my Rum Runners out of retirement!!!

And, while I"m on a roll, what is this B__ S___ of making everyone in the cabin/party get the package??? That is a joke. Celebrity doesn't do that. Me thinking I maybe made a mistake booking this NCL cruise!!!

And, we do both book it so that is not the question, it is just an insult to the passengers integrity and a cheap trick. Why are they bothering with this package. And, I understand you still have to sign all the slips??? You don't on you know who's , that is part of the reason for getting it, to avoid all those freaking slips:rolleyes:

Well, I am not a happy camper. Just booked the 3/4/13 Gem and was hoping to get the UBP. Now, they say they won't offer it between 3/1 and sometime in April cuz its 'spring break". Since when is the first week of March spring break???? If it was spring break I wouldn't be going on this cruise!!!:cool:

I feel your pain. Our 11 day cruise in mid March on the Sun is not cosidered a "booze cruise". We are very disappointed :(

I guess they should not offer it all summer too if they are so concerned about youngsters on board!!

As I said, I"m just gonna break my "RumRunners" out of retirement. What else can I do??:D

Same thing I just did order a bar setup. I could order 5 liters of Grey Goose for the price of 10 days of the UBP or 7 liters of regular vodkas or other liquors. I order two liters that leaves ~ $350 for other beverages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Same thing I just did order a bar setup. I could order 5 liters of Grey Goose for the price of 10 days of the UBP or 7 liters of regular vodkas or other liquors. I order two liters that leaves ~ $350 for other beverages.

I was thinking of that, or might buy the 4 bottle wine package you can get when you board the ship. The 4 bottles for $98 package includes some that they charge $36 for an individual bottle. While still pricier than my local store, it's a discount on the per bottle price of up to $12 in some cases.

I do have rum runners as well, but feel guilty bringing those drinks out in public.

I have heard about buying bottles of liquor duty free and paying some sort of charge to the ship and it's still cheaper than buying on the ship? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

It sure does in 1992 :D. You can buy a bottle on the ship to drink then and they will charge you the per drink equivalent.

And, while I"m on a roll, what is this B__ S___ of making everyone in the cabin/party get the package??? That is a joke. Celebrity doesn't do that. Me thinking I maybe made a mistake booking this NCL cruise!!!

And, we do both book it so that is not the question, it is just an insult to the passengers integrity and a cheap trick. Why are they bothering with this package. And, I understand you still have to sign all the slips??? You don't on you know who's , that is part of the reason for getting it, to avoid all those freaking slips:rolleyes:

Its a way to stop people from sharing one package. Not everyone has integrity. I think the signing the slip is so you can tip the bartender a little more.;)

Its a way to stop people from sharing one package. Not everyone has integrity. I think the signing the slip is so you can tip the bartender a little more.;)

It is also so the bartenders get their share of the 15% tip paid for the package.

It is also so the bartenders get their share of the 15% tip paid for the package.

That could be done automatically with a swipe of the card and the bartenders initials couldn't it? I think that the signature is for the extra tips that many people sign for when ordering a drink that also includes the 15% just like the package does. There is a picture of the cruiser on the card already, correct so it wouldn't be for ID purposes then.

That could be done automatically with a swipe of the card and the bartenders initials couldn't it? I think that the signature is for the extra tips that many people sign for when ordering a drink that also includes the 15% just like the package does. There is a picture of the cruiser on the card already, correct so it wouldn't be for ID purposes then.

This may not be the reason but I think it plays a roll. I was on the Sun in 2004 and the week before most of the bar staff was let go and put off the ship in Skagway. There was a very large group onboard that week with a UBP. An inventory check showed they were ringing up 2X the number of actual drinks poured. Sad they lost their jobs over extra 15% on imaginary drinks on one cruise.

This may not be the reason but I think it plays a roll. I was on the Sun in 2004 and the week before most of the bar staff was let go and put off the ship in Skagway. There was a very large group onboard that week with a UBP. An inventory check showed they were ringing up 2X the number of actual drinks poured. Sad they lost their jobs over extra 15% on imaginary drinks on one cruise.

But I am under the impression that with an UBP there is only one charge of 15% per package or per day which equals the same. Perhaps these bartenders were keeping liquor for themselves. The way I see it is if they pour 1 bottle but document that they poured 2 bottles then they have an extra bottle for themselves to drink or perhaps even to sell.

Edited by Karysa

But I am under the impression that with an UBP there is only one charge of 15% per package or per day which equals the same. Perhaps these bartenders were keeping liquor for themselves. The way I see it is if they pour 1 bottle but document that they poured 2 bottles then they have an extra bottle for themselves to drink or perhaps even to sell.

You only pay the 15% once how that is divided depends on those receipts. Keep in mind bar servers have no salary. They do get a $1000 draw against tips earned. If the wait staff was not getting the equivalent tip from UBP passengers you would never see them.

The inventory problem was too much inventory vs number of beverages rung up.

Your signature is NCL's audit tool and yes the wait staff would love an extra tip on a $0 check

Edited by time2cruise1

You only pay the 15% once how that is divided depends on those receipts. Keep in mind bar servers have no salary. They do get a $1000 draw against tips earned. If the wait staff was not getting the equivalent tip from UBP passengers you would never see them.

The inventory problem was too much inventory vs number of beverages rung up.

Your signature is NCL's audit tool and yes the wait staff would love an extra tip on a $0 check

Wow, that is really stupid. If they just would have poured double shots they might have gotten some good tips or at the very least a positive review on the bartenders section of the post cruise questionnaire.:D

Wow, that is really stupid. If they just would have poured double shots they might have gotten some good tips or at the very least a positive review on the bartenders section of the post cruise questionnaire.:D

I think the fraud was so large they would have had to pour quadruple shots and and give 3 for 1 beers. Keep in mind this was a group that included an UBP. Everyone got it as part of their fare even those that don't really drink. Nobody said these people were not stupid losing there jobs for a few $100.

The worst part for me on the next cruise were the replacement bartenders. Terrified, inexperienced, and using shot glasses to pour drinks. I could not even find my on the rocks Grey Goose in the glass. :(

Edited by time2cruise1