Not enough info on NCL website

stormcastle

My husband and I have cruised several times with NCL and, most of the time, we book through our PCC after looking at the cruise offerings on the NCL website. However, we have found that the website is seriously lacking in information especially concerning the suite benefits. If I didn't have cruise critic to read, we wouldn't have a clue about things like the 3 bottles of liquor available in the OS (which we have booked for the first time in Jan 2013), or which brands might be available. I found nothing on the information about The Haven concerning the free mixers. And if you look at the cruise brochure (now online only), you can see that it is pretty generic. How much effort would it take to do a Haven brochure? wouldn't that provide a nice marketing tool instead of just relying on cruise critic comments to show how great the suites are?

Just wondering!

Perhaps you missed this?

http://thehaven.ncl.com/

Before your cruise the pre concierge will contact you with ordering information on your booze and mixers.

I don't know about the OP, but I find the above website confusing. I too feel like I have to come here to get info because NCL's website is confusing, and not very easy to find things.

My husband and I have cruised several times with NCL and, most of the time, we book through our PCC after looking at the cruise offerings on the NCL website. However, we have found that the website is seriously lacking in information especially concerning the suite benefits. If I didn't have cruise critic to read, we wouldn't have a clue about things like the 3 bottles of liquor available in the OS (which we have booked for the first time in Jan 2013), or which brands might be available. I found nothing on the information about The Haven concerning the free mixers. And if you look at the cruise brochure (now online only), you can see that it is pretty generic. How much effort would it take to do a Haven brochure? wouldn't that provide a nice marketing tool instead of just relying on cruise critic comments to show how great the suites are?

Just wondering!

Granted I have only been on Carnival and Holland but NCL is the worst cruise line website I have come across. Very little information and not easy to navigate. Hope the ship is easier to navigate than the website:D

Perhaps you missed this?

http://thehaven.ncl.com/

Before your cruise the pre concierge will contact you with ordering information on your booze and mixers.

yes, I have seen this site but still not very much in depth info. we have not been contacted by concierge even though final payment was approx 1 month ago.

yes, I have seen this site but still not very much in depth info. we have not been contacted by concierge even though final payment was approx 1 month ago.

You should be contacted approximately a week or two prior to sailing.

You should be contacted approximately a week or two prior to sailing.

Hmmmmm.....my last 5 cruises have been in suites including OS and GV yet I've never been contacted by the concierge prior to boarding. When did this begin? :confused:

Hmmmmm.....my last 5 cruises have been in suites including OS and GV yet I've never been contacted by the concierge prior to boarding. When did this begin? :confused:

At the end of 2011.

Here is the press release.

Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Elite Pre-Cruise Concierge Service For The Haven Guests

New concierge desk assists guests of The Haven in reserving specialty dining, spa treatments, entertainment and arranging special requests prior to embarkation

Miami - Nov 28, 2011 ---

MIAMI – November 28, 2011 – Norwegian Cruise Line (“Norwegian”) today announced the launch of a shoreside concierge desk exclusively for guests with reservations in the line’s most luxurious accommodations, The Haven by Norwegian. Beginning today, the concierge desk provides pre-cruise assistance enabling guests and travel partners to pre-arrange a variety of services and amenities.

The concierge desk provides support in booking reservations for all suite accommodations; arranging dining and entertainment; booking shore excursions; making spa and salon appointments; as well as taking special requests such as pillow preference and any other arrangements. The concierge desk will send an email confirmation to the travel partner or guest prior to their sailing reconfirming all of the requests made.

The Haven is currently featured on board Norwegian’s Jewel class ships (Norwegian Gem, Pearl, Jade, Jewel); and the line’s newest and most innovative ship, Norwegian Epic. Norwegian’s two new ships, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, will also feature The Haven by Norwegian when they launch in April 2013 and April 2014.

Suite guests are privy to an array of complimentary amenities, including 24-hour private butler service; priority embarkation and disembarkation; distinctive platinum keycard; priority boarding of tenders to shore; in-suite espresso/cappuccino machines; gourmet treats delivered each evening; Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ pillow-top mattress; fine linens, feather duvet and pillow menu; along with plush bathrobes, slippers, oversized towels; and much more.

Norwegian’s Jewel class ships (Norwegian Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem) include up to 18 suites as part of The Haven, including the largest suites at sea – the 5,000 square foot, three-bedroom Garden Villas. All of these suites surround The Haven Courtyard that includes a pool, sundeck, hot tub, fitness room and more. The Haven on Norwegian Epic is the largest suite complex at sea, comprising 60 suites on two private decks at the top of the ship. An additional 15 suites located throughout the ship also have access to The Haven which includes a private pool, two whirlpools, gym, saunas, sundeck, along with a private restaurant with indoor/outdoor dining, exclusive bar and concierge lounge.

The concierge desk is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and can be reached by calling 855.NCL.HAVEN (625.4283). For more information on The Haven by Norwegian, contact a travel professional or visit http://www.thehaven.ncl.com.

I don't know about the OP, but I find the above website confusing. I too feel like I have to come here to get info because NCL's website is confusing, and not very easy to find things.

I find it easy to navigate due to how little info there is on it.

At the end of 2011.

Here is the press release.

Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Elite Pre-Cruise Concierge Service For The Haven Guests

New concierge desk assists guests of The Haven in reserving specialty dining, spa treatments, entertainment and arranging special requests prior to embarkation

Miami - Nov 28, 2011 ---

MIAMI – November 28, 2011 – Norwegian Cruise Line (“Norwegian”) today announced the launch of a shoreside concierge desk exclusively for guests with reservations in the line’s most luxurious accommodations, The Haven by Norwegian. Beginning today, the concierge desk provides pre-cruise assistance enabling guests and travel partners to pre-arrange a variety of services and amenities.

The concierge desk provides support in booking reservations for all suite accommodations; arranging dining and entertainment; booking shore excursions; making spa and salon appointments; as well as taking special requests such as pillow preference and any other arrangements. The concierge desk will send an email confirmation to the travel partner or guest prior to their sailing reconfirming all of the requests made.

The Haven is currently featured on board Norwegian’s Jewel class ships (Norwegian Gem, Pearl, Jade, Jewel); and the line’s newest and most innovative ship, Norwegian Epic. Norwegian’s two new ships, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, will also feature The Haven by Norwegian when they launch in April 2013 and April 2014.

Suite guests are privy to an array of complimentary amenities, including 24-hour private butler service; priority embarkation and disembarkation; distinctive platinum keycard; priority boarding of tenders to shore; in-suite espresso/cappuccino machines; gourmet treats delivered each evening; Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ pillow-top mattress; fine linens, feather duvet and pillow menu; along with plush bathrobes, slippers, oversized towels; and much more.

Norwegian’s Jewel class ships (Norwegian Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem) include up to 18 suites as part of The Haven, including the largest suites at sea – the 5,000 square foot, three-bedroom Garden Villas. All of these suites surround The Haven Courtyard that includes a pool, sundeck, hot tub, fitness room and more. The Haven on Norwegian Epic is the largest suite complex at sea, comprising 60 suites on two private decks at the top of the ship. An additional 15 suites located throughout the ship also have access to The Haven which includes a private pool, two whirlpools, gym, saunas, sundeck, along with a private restaurant with indoor/outdoor dining, exclusive bar and concierge lounge.

The concierge desk is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and can be reached by calling 855.NCL.HAVEN (625.4283). For more information on The Haven by Norwegian, contact a travel professional or visit http://www.thehaven.ncl.com.

Thanks....wonder why I didn't get a call for my last cruise then? Oh well....the GV was fantastic anyway!!

Thanks....wonder why I didn't get a call for my last cruise then? Oh well....the GV was fantastic anyway!!

Seems like you definitely fell through the cracks here. Curious if you booked with NCL or with the NCL Travel Partner. I put that reference in bold in the press release.

Granted I have only been on Carnival and Holland but NCL is the worst cruise line website I have come across. Very little information and not easy to navigate. Hope the ship is easier to navigate than the website:D

I have found NCL and Holland equivalent and easier to navigate, but found Carnival difficult to navigate.

I guess it's a personal logical sequence pattern.

Since I get lost walking out my back door, I certainly can't say their ships are easy to navigate, my poor husband spent a lot of time turning me around as I was going in the wrong direction from where we wanted to go ;). But there are deck layouts at each elevator and in the atrium to guide you.

Thanks jdvmd for posting the news release about the pre-cruise concierge. The information helps but back to my original question--I wonder why NCL doesn't include more information on the website. Seems to me that adding more info on the website would enhance sales--after all, that is the purpose of the website!I am very happy that cruise critic exists and so many people take the time to post about the cruises, ships, etc.This is where I search for info before booking any cruise.

I e-mailed them last week and got response the next day. We are sailing

in suite 2/17/13.

Interestingly, I was able to book chef's table and spa passes in advance.

Lead to believe on CC that couldn't be done until embarkation.

Thanks jdvmd for posting the news release about the pre-cruise concierge. The information helps but back to my original question--I wonder why NCL doesn't include more information on the website. Seems to me that adding more info on the website would enhance sales--after all, that is the purpose of the website!I am very happy that cruise critic exists and so many people take the time to post about the cruises, ships, etc.This is where I search for info before booking any cruise.

I never researched the information that you state is missing. But could it be that this information may vary from ship to ship. Such as "which brands might be available". I would think generic would be the way to go. If for example the brochure stated such and such a brand was for choosing but for some reason that brand was unavailable on that ship or at the time, then that may very well upset certain customers.

It's funny you say that. I've been looking at Carnival's site for a CTN and when I compare it to NCL's site, it's impossible to find information on.

Seems like you definitely fell through the cracks here. Curious if you booked with NCL or with the NCL Travel Partner. I put that reference in bold in the press release.

Hi JDVMD, we books the OS on the Sky in Feb of 2012 directly with NCL and were not contacted prior to the sailing.

I e-mailed them last week and got response the next day. We are sailing

in suite 2/17/13.

Interestingly, I was able to book chef's table and spa passes in advance.

Lead to believe on CC that couldn't be done until embarkation.

Believe this when you see it on-board... Not all requests happen as intended. I had to reiterate our requests for spa passes on-board, along with a bunch of other requests that were supposedly communicated to the concierge, butler, and room steward. Nalagh's thread on pre-cruise concierge is documenting when this process works and when it doesn't.

Strangely enough, the butler did get our information on what delivered food items would kill DH and DD, so some of the information did get delivered to him...

Archived