Azamara single supplement offers - something I discovered today

excitedofharpenden

The 125% single supplement offers used to be promoted clearly on the Azamara website, but I have noticed over the past few months that as many of those dates in 2012 fell away it has become more and more difficult to find them. When following the Special Offers link on the .com website the up-to-date information shows a few, mainly repos here:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/savings-singles

The Low Price Single Supplement link on the .co.uk site doesn't work at all:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/news-and-offers/cruise-deals/

However I was looking at booking a back to back following the Mumbai to Athens repositioning cruise I am doing and noticed when I did a dummy booking that this Journey trip (15th May 2013) was offering 125% single supplement. I checked another couple of cruises in May 2013. One was offering it as well and the other wasn't.

Just a heads up really that if you are looking for a definitive list of the single supplement deals then you won't find it on the website (unless I'm missing something), but you may find it by doing a dummy booking.

It may be a mistake and the website hasn't been correctly updated, but for many single travellers it's an important omission. It would be interesting to hear of the current Azamara policy on single supplement deals and if this has changed. If it hasn't then Azamara are missing a trick because you aren't promoting it properly on your website.

Bill Leiber, if you look in on this thread it would be good to hear your thoughts.

Phil

Hello, Phil

I was on your Oct 6 Quest cruise - nice to hear from you. I have discovered the same thing and also wondered if it was an error. It's certainly a very clumsy, time consuming way of finding that information.

Sharon

Hi Sharon. I'm glad it's not just me! I have found it to be rather depressing to see so few offers when I look on the website, but was heartened a bit today when discovering what I did, even if for the moment it will take a bit of searching.

Nice to hear from you and a Happy New Year!

Phil

Hi Sharon. I'm glad it's not just me! I have found it to be rather depressing to see so few offers when I look on the website, but was heartened a bit today when discovering what I did, even if for the moment it will take a bit of searching.

Hello Phil and other readers -

Please give me some time to check with our marketing and website team about the possibility of creating a more comprehensive single "go-to-place" to find a list of voyages offering the 125% single supplement promotion.

I appreciate your efforts in "drilling" deeper into the system, but these attractive offers for our single travelers should be more self-evident.

I'll follow up and let you know the outcome.

My best wishes for a wonderful year ahead!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

The 125% single supplement offers used to be promoted clearly on the Azamara website, but I have noticed over the past few months that as many of those dates in 2012 fell away it has become more and more difficult to find them. When following the Special Offers link on the .com website the up-to-date information shows a few, mainly repos here:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/savings-singles

The Low Price Single Supplement link on the .co.uk site doesn't work at all:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/news-and-offers/cruise-deals/

However I was looking at booking a back to back following the Mumbai to Athens repositioning cruise I am doing and noticed when I did a dummy booking that this Journey trip (15th May 2013) was offering 125% single supplement. I checked another couple of cruises in May 2013. One was offering it as well and the other wasn't.

Just a heads up really that if you are looking for a definitive list of the single supplement deals then you won't find it on the website (unless I'm missing something), but you may find it by doing a dummy booking.

It may be a mistake and the website hasn't been correctly updated, but for many single travellers it's an important omission. It would be interesting to hear of the current Azamara policy on single supplement deals and if this has changed. If it hasn't then Azamara are missing a trick because you aren't promoting it properly on your website.

Bill Leiber, if you look in on this thread it would be good to hear your thoughts.

Phil

But they are there on the US site as you found (including a couple that are past). There are currently 5 cruises with 125% single supplement rates.

I understand that you think the website has not been updated, which is too bad since Azamara has already lost some singles who posted they were going elsewhere.

We may be on the Nov 9 cruise if we can figure out the air from the US, which is currently too high and so far Azamara is not offering any special air deals.

Btw, sorry we missed meeting on Silhouette last month.

Single Supplement specials

AZAMARA JOURNEY ®

May 1, 2013 14 Night The Highway From India Voyage Azamara Journey

Oct 26, 2013 14 Night The Nile at Luxor Voyage Azamara Journey

Nov 9, 2013 16 Night Spices, Tea & Rubber Tree16 Azamara Journey

AZAMARA QUEST ®

SAIL DATE VOYAGE NIGHTS SHIP

Feb 12, 2013 18 Night Copacabana to Biscayne Voyage Azamara Quest

Good spot Phil!

I am not expecting air deals on the Nov 9, certainly not for business class I expect on that trip they are targeting the singles. You'll just need to stay on for that leg!

But they are there on the US site as you found (including a couple that are past). There are currently 5 cruises with 125% single supplement rates.

I understand that you think the website has not been updated, which is too bad since Azamara has already lost some singles who posted they were going elsewhere.

We may be on the Nov 9 cruise if we can figure out the air from the US, which is currently too high and so far Azamara is not offering any special air deals.

Btw, sorry we missed meeting on Silhouette last month.

Single Supplement specials

AZAMARA JOURNEY ®

May 1, 2013 14 Night The Highway From India Voyage Azamara Journey

Oct 26, 2013 14 Night The Nile at Luxor Voyage Azamara Journey

Nov 9, 2013 16 Night Spices, Tea & Rubber Tree16 Azamara Journey

AZAMARA QUEST ®

SAIL DATE VOYAGE NIGHTS SHIP

Feb 12, 2013 18 Night Copacabana to Biscayne Voyage Azamara Quest

You've missed the main point I was making which is that if you look a bit further there are other 125% single supplement deals available (Journey 15th May 2013 given as an example, but there may be more) and I wanted to let the readers here know that and if they are relying solely on the list on the Azamara website there's more to it. Those five I included a link to are all repositioning cruises. In 2011 and 2012 the single supplement deals were fully listed on the website and there were quite a few of them including roundtrip Europe and Asia cruises.

OT on the Silhouette cruise we both did (and Bill might be interested to hear this too), I really enjoyed my trip with some wonderful friends, but it reaffirmed why I like Azamara so much. Silhouette is a beautiful ship, but for me it was a bit style over substance (a feeling I have had on the last two or three Celebrity Solstice Class ship cruises I have done) with some attention to detail points that I guess occur when there are nearly 3000 passengers. The Azamara product just has a greater depth onboard including customer service where as a guest you really are the centre of their attention rather than just going through the motions as I have felt on Celebrity.

My very good friends Bill and Marilynn did a couple of tours with you.

Phil

You've missed the main point I was making which is that if you look a bit further there are other 125% single supplement deals available (Journey 15th May 2013 given as an example, but there may be more) and I wanted to let the readers here know that and if they are relying solely on the list on the Azamara website there's more to it. Those five I included a link to are all repositioning cruises. In 2011 and 2012 the single supplement deals were fully listed on the website and there were quite a few of them including roundtrip Europe and Asia cruises.

OT on the Silhouette cruise we both did (and Bill might be interested to hear this too), I really enjoyed my trip with some wonderful friends, but it reaffirmed why I like Azamara so much. Silhouette is a beautiful ship, but for me it was a bit style over substance (a feeling I have had on the last two or three Celebrity Solstice Class ship cruises I have done) with some attention to detail points that I guess occur when there are nearly 3000 passengers. The Azamara product just has a greater depth onboard including customer service where as a guest you really are the centre of their attention rather than just going through the motions as I have felt on Celebrity.

My very good friends Bill and Marilynn did a couple of tours with you.

Phil

Good morning Phil,

I must confess that I haven't trawled the Azamara website lately re the 125%single supplement. However, us 'three lively ladies' are travelling together again on the Quest on May 5. Lottie is in a cabin on her own on that trip and was offered the 125% supplement. It's a shame Azamara can't be more transparent about them on the website as the friendliness of fellow passengers and crew make the line a perfect option for singles.

I too enjoy cruising with Celebrity but not sure I would go on a Solstice class ship as a single although I would in a heartbeat on Azamara.

I totally agree about your Azamara vs Celebrity assessment. In addition, ignoring specialities and comparing Discoveries and Blu, Discoveries wins hands down. ( Dislike the large ship MDRs, way too noisy, rushed and functional for me, it used to be quite personal service, not now).

Add to that a comparison of the buffets, again Azamara every time

Hopefully we will be able to take a planned cruise on Solstice next month (we knew Azamara were some years off round Oz trips) so we can compare again. As a couple the ambience on Azamara is spot on, so I can see why it is so right for singles as well. On Celebrity you are very dependent on your fellow passengers and that can be hit or miss - and as you rightly say, the crew are doing things because they have to, not because they want to or believe it is the right thing to do.

I totally agree about your Azamara vs Celebrity assessment. In addition, ignoring specialities and comparing Discoveries and Blu, Discoveries wins hands down. ( Dislike the large ship MDRs, way too noisy, rushed and functional for me, it used to be quite personal service, not now).

Add to that a comparison of the buffets, again Azamara every time

Hopefully we will be able to take a planned cruise on Solstice next month (we knew Azamara were some years off round Oz trips) so we can compare again. As a couple the ambience on Azamara is spot on, so I can see why it is so right for singles as well. On Celebrity you are very dependent on your fellow passengers and that can be hit or miss - and as you rightly say, the crew are doing things because they have to, not because they want to or believe it is the right thing to do.

Hi Ann. I've done a couple of cruises on Azamara on my own now and wouldn't hesitate to do another (which is why the subject of single supplements is important to me), but wouldn't consider a cruise on Celebrity as a single.

Phil

As someone who always travels solo, I've done a fair bit of investigation on the issue. Azamara makes virtually all of its profit from the European summer season, and typically has no problems filling the ships from June-September. 125% single supplements are rare on those sailings. However, almost every other sailing will have the 125% offer- ************* has a great listing of all the deals for solo travelers across all cruise lines and there are many asian, south american, and repositioning Azamara cruises on offer in addition to a few shoulder season Eurpoe deals.

Jami

Phil

No, I understood, I guess I did not express myself very well. Azamara's website needs to be updated (either that or they really do not want to advertise the single supplements, preferring to sell double occupancy). And as is obvious by the pricing, they aren't having any trouble filling the ships in Europe.

A friend paid well over £4500 for an ocean view last year. We are investigating June 2013 departures and he would love to join us. Your posts are interesting but the good bits have been deleted. Any clues to finding if any of the June departures qualify. Am looking at June 2, 9, and 16 on Journey.

A friend paid well over £4500 for an ocean view last year. We are investigating June 2013 departures and he would love to join us. Your posts are interesting but the good bits have been deleted. Any clues to finding if any of the June departures qualify. Am looking at June 2, 9, and 16 on Journey.

Unfortunately Cruise Critic posting guidelines preclude discussion of particular travel agencies/websites, but doing dummy bookings via the Azamara website the cruises for the 3rd, 10th and 17th on Journey don't appear to have the single supplement deal.

Phil

Phil - thanks for raising this topic. I've just booked the Quest May 27 cruise with a single supplement reduction! A little snag, though, is that I arrive in Nice on the last day of the Cannes Film Festival, so hotel prices are sky high and rooms scarce. The pre-cruise hotel Azamara is offering is $800!

Sharon

Archived