Breakaway Commerical.......

camz

Peter Max did the NYC hull art work, maybe the artwork inside will be NYC themed too. I only visit NYC and I really like it for short vacations. NYC is easily accecible and only 5 hour drive. I for one like the advertising for the Breakaway and if it is NYC themed inside and out, I like it more.

The outside promenade with the shops and resturants I feel will be a huge hit. Something the other cruiselines may want to take up. If I cruise I want to always feel I am on a ship. That is the point isn't it?

I love the commercial and tie in to NYC. As a former New Yorker and survivor of 9/11, I appreciate that they are connecting to their home port as much as possible. It almost makes it one of the famous NY attractions. Other ships are just "passing in the night" where the Breakaway is at home. I also imagine that over time they will modify the onboard options to keep current with NY trends.

This is going to be my first time back in NYC since moving to Idaho and I am so excited to see the city again.

Peter Max did the NYC hull art work, maybe the artwork inside will be NYC themed too. I only visit NYC and I really like it for short vacations. NYC is easily accecible and only 5 hour drive. I for one like the advertising for the Breakaway and if it is NYC themed inside and out, I like it more.

The outside promenade with the shops and resturants I feel will be a huge hit. Something the other cruiselines may want to take up. If I cruise I want to always feel I am on a ship. That is the point isn't it?

That's why I love the Radiance Class of Royal Caribbean. I personally don't care for the "art work" on the Breakaway.

As someone who works in NYC, when I saw the commercial all I could say was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Last thing I want when I go on a cruise is to take NYC with me!!! LOL. I cruise to get AWAY from NYC!!!! :D

Apparently the marketing department "missed the boat". lol

I have not even seen the commercial here in VT and people here (and other surrounding states) would be who would drive to NYC to cruise.

Whoa! We have an NCL super-fan! Kevin Sheehan, is that you? :p

I disagree that Slam Allen or Fireworks are associated with NYC (and don't get me started on a Jersey reality star bakery...) but you're entitled to your enthusiastic opinion.

No, luv2cruises53 is an insanely witter cruiser who writes the best (IMO) reviews I have ever had the pleasure of reading. His last complete review is the Star out of NY(?) I think from last summer and it is a great read! He has also started a belated review this week and you cannot miss the beginning where he shows this unbelievable photo that his late partner took when they sailed to Bermuda.

I suggest you all look up his reviews, you won't be disappointed!:D

No, luv2cruises53 is an insanely witter cruiser who writes the best (IMO) reviews I have ever had the pleasure of reading. His last complete review is the Star out of NY(?) I think from last summer and it is a great read! He has also started a belated review this week and you cannot miss the beginning where he shows this unbelievable photo that his late partner took when they sailed to Bermuda.

I suggest you all look up his reviews, you won't be disappointed!:D

You forgot the part that Kev is a little "slow"....witty, but slow. Just kidding Kev...love ya! :p

The commercial surprised me when I first saw it. The Norwegian theme music got my attention. It has been on all this week between Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Sometime in that time slot. I have notice a lot of cruise commercials lately. Specifically, RCC and CCL.

That's interesting since we watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune every night and there haven't been any cruise commercials on it at all. They must be for the eastern market. I'm in southwest.

Thanks for posting the link so those of us who aren't in the area can see it. I thought it was too short but it made the point of the ship sailing from NYC.

My DW and I will be on the sailing from Rotterdam to Southampton (April 28th 2013)

then on the transatlanic to NYC, spending one night inbetween in the UK at a B&B.

Our contact, a lovely lady from Southampton, said she will meet us, and take us to our hotel.

" I will be wearing a red rose in my lapel, and have a times newspaper under my right arm", she said, so we would recognize her.

Just for fun, I sent her the NYC Breakaway ad :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j0I7unPpS0U

with a note, "And so you may find us, here's what our ship looks like."

She has yet to respond.

My DW and I will be on the sailing from Rotterdam to Southampton (April 28th 2013)

then on the transatlanic to NYC, spending one night inbetween in the UK at a B&B.

Our contact, a lovely lady from Southampton, said she will meet us, and take us to our hotel.

" I will be wearing a red rose in my lapel, and have a times newspaper under my right arm", she said, so we would recognize her.

Just for fun, I sent her the NYC Breakaway ad :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j0I7unPpS0U

with a note, "And so you may find us, here's what our ship looks like."

She has yet to respond.

You're hilarious! :D

I just booked my parents on the same Breakaway cruise we have planned for November. This will be their second cruise, still newbies after this comment:

I called and told him I booked us all on cruise in a new ship and I asked him if he saw the NCL new ship coming to New York commercial. He said, "Yes, I saw it! That's going to be a huge ship! Are we staying in one the buildings on top of the ship?"

*sigh*

I just booked my parents on the same Breakaway cruise we have planned for November. This will be their second cruise, still newbies after this comment:

I called and told him I booked us all on cruise in a new ship and I asked him if he saw the NCL new ship coming to New York commercial. He said, "Yes, I saw it! That's going to be a huge ship! Are we staying in one the buildings on top of the ship?"

*sigh*

After being on a few cruises, I now know the starboard from the port side of the ship....

and oh, what a cruise snob I have become ! (sarcasm)

Archived