Carnival Mastercard Points

willow0325

Good morning fellow cruisers! Just looking at the mastercard info that came in the mail yesterday. I know that you earn points but what and how do the points work? This application you can earn 10,000 points by opening the account but what does that equate to? And how do you "cash them in"? I tried to find info online to show the value of points, but can't seem to find it. Thanks, experts!

Good morning fellow cruisers! Just looking at the mastercard info that came in the mail yesterday. I know that you earn points but what and how do the points work? This application you can earn 10,000 points by opening the account but what does that equate to? And how do you "cash them in"? I tried to find info online to show the value of points, but can't seem to find it. Thanks, experts!

If you book a cruise that cost $1500 or more your 10,000 points are worth $150 statement credit. If you book a cruise less than $1500 then your 10,000 points will be worth $100.

If you book a cruise that cost $1500 or more your 10,000 points are worth $150 statement credit. If you book a cruise less than $1500 then your 10,000 points will be worth $100.

We booked our current cruise on the Breeze for $1756 for the 2 of us. To make your points worth the most, you have to have a charge of at least $1500 on the credit card. I made sure that when I paid the deposit that i made it the $1500 so then I went and applied the 85000 points we had and that gave us a statement credit of like $1250. Our cruise only cost us about $500 for two of us on an 8 day cruise!

Oops, couple other questions. So the cruise that you charged was worth 85,000 points or did you have other points already on your card? Also - what if I just want to use it as onboard credit. How do I get it applied to my booked cruise? Thanks again for your help!

Oops, couple other questions. So the cruise that you charged was worth 85,000 points or did you have other points already on your card? Also - what if I just want to use it as onboard credit. How do I get it applied to my booked cruise? Thanks again for your help!

We just used it for a partial statement credit. Meaning that we didn't have enough points to cover the whole cruise. We would have needed about 115,000 points to cover the whole $1756 our cruise cost us. So we applied the 85,000 points we had thus leaving us owing about $500 on the cruise. If you just want to use the onboard credit it cost 12,500 points for $100 and its 20,000 points for $200 onboard credit.

How do I get it applied to my booked cruise? Thanks again for your help!

Set up your account with the carnival MasterCard and then after you log on online go to manage rewards and you can apply your points towards the cost of your cruise or onboard credit.

Sorry to HiJack this but a I have a similar question as I haven't looked into that CC at all.

I've got a few rooms booked on a cruise with a balance of around 8K yet to pay.

If I apply for the Carnival CC and pay off the balance with the CC what type of benefits would I see?

Thanks

Sorry to HiJack this but a I have a similar question as I haven't looked into that CC at all.

I've got a few rooms booked on a cruise with a balance of around 8K yet to pay.

If I apply for the Carnival CC and pay off the balance with the CC what type of benefits would I see?

Thanks

If you put the $8,000 on the Carnival Master card you will eanr 2 points for every dollar spent with Carnival. So you would have 16,000 points. You could then apply those 16,000 points for a $240 statement credit on your credit card bill.

If you "hoard" your points you can end up getting a totally free cruise...I charge everything and anything to my CC MC..I make sure to pay it off each month so I never have a finance charge...a couple of years ago we had something like 145,000 points...we booked an 8 day Panama Canal cruise, aft cabin and paid for the cruise with points, used points for our SS and paid airfare with our points...It was a WONDERFUL 8 days especially knowing I would probably not have booked an aft cabin due to price but always wanted one so this was my opportunity..totally free vaca with a few 1,000 points to spare..I'm again "hoarding" for the next adventure...a 15 days Hawaiian cruise ;):D

If you "hoard" your points you can end up getting a totally free cruise...I charge everything and anything to my CC MC..I make sure to pay it off each month so I never have a finance charge...a couple of years ago we had something like 145,000 points...we booked an 8 day Panama Canal cruise, aft cabin and paid for the cruise with points, used points for our SS and paid airfare with our points...It was a WONDERFUL 8 days especially knowing I would probably not have booked an aft cabin due to price but always wanted one so this was my opportunity..totally free vaca with a few 1,000 points to spare..I'm again "hoarding" for the next adventure...a 15 days Hawaiian cruise ;):D

We like to hoard our points as well. We put all of our bills on it we can(utility bill, cell phones, satellite, Internet, etc) and we pay it off monthly. It all adds up quicker than you realize.

I was just reading our cardmember reward guide that came in the mail. It states that you have 180 days from the date of purchase to redeem your points. Only 6 months!!! I'm kinda bummed about that - otherwise, I would "hoard" as well.

I was just reading our cardmember reward guide that came in the mail. It states that you have 180 days from the date of purchase to redeem your points. Only 6 months!!! I'm kinda bummed about that - otherwise, I would "hoard" as well.

You can save your points for up to 5 years. What it's referring to is for example you book a Carnival cruise on January 30, then you have until July 30 to apply your points if you wish.

You can save your points for up to 5 years. What it's referring to is for example you book a Carnival cruise on January 30, then you have until July 30 to apply your points if you wish.

Oh - okay, well that is good news!!

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I don't get this. I pulled up an old thread trying to figure out how this whole points thing works. I find it a little confusing. I have a little over 10,000 points at the moment. I take it that isn't enough points for anything? We will have another 1500 by the end of the month. I wish I would have got this before we paid for our cruise we took last month, but didn't apply for it until after we booked our cruise. :(

Edited by TJV123

Sorry, I don't get this. I pulled up an old thread trying to figure out how this whole points thing works. I find it a little confusing. I have a little over 10,000 points at the moment. I take it that isn't enough points for anything? We will have another 1500 by the end of the month. I wish I would have got this before we paid for our cruise we took last month, but didn't apply for it until after we booked our cruise. :(

If you have a Carnival transaction of at least $1500, you can redeem 10k points for a $150 statement credit. By far the best value on this card is to redeem

points towards a credit on a Carnival purchase of at least $1500.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attached is screen print from the credit card redemption page and a spreadsheet showing point conversions as of last time I checked (about 6 months ago). If I remember correctly, it was best to charge ship purchases to the card and then redeem for statement credit so you receive double points for those charges. If you redeem points before hand, you miss out on the double points.

cc.pdf

Cruise Points.pdf

If I remember correctly, it was best to charge ship purchases to the card and then redeem for statement credit so you receive double points for those charges. If you redeem points before hand, you miss out on the double points.

Yes, this is the way to do it.

So, if I booked 3 cabins and was charged for deposits I want to try to get my charges to $1500. I assume I should then charge toward the balance so I arrive at the $1500? Can I do this online or do I need to call Carnival? Thanks so much for this information. I never knew that you got the most for your rewards with t$1500.