Live (at the time) Review 12 night Canada/New England on Brilliance 10/22/12-11/3/12

ace1zoe2

I had originally planned to take the train from Montreal to QC but online it said they only allow carry on luggage & there is no storage for other luggage. So we opted to go with the bus which was just fine. We sat right up front with a big window and saw lots of scenery along the way. The free wifi was an added benefit.

Not sure if anyone responded to this - but if you go again you can check baggage on most of the trains in what is called "the corridor" which includes Montréal to Quebec City trains. Via Rail has pretty decent baggage allowances.

Thanks for the photos and review.

Not sure if anyone responded to this - but if you go again you can check baggage on most of the trains in what is called "the corridor" which includes Montréal to Quebec City trains. Via Rail has pretty decent baggage allowances.

Thanks for the photos and review.

Thanks for taking time to read my review. Good to know about the train & luggage. The only thing I could find on the online site said carry-on luggage only that would fit in an overhead or under the seats. I'll remember that for future travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was a spectacular cruise because of the itinerary. We saw so many beautiful ports & the foliage was just gorgeous. Thanks for taking time to read my lengthy review.

Thanks Cindy for such a detailed review! I am thoroughly enjoying it, and like you, love to photograph churches! On my last trip to NYC, I have more shots of the churches than anything else! :)

We are debating which Alaskan cruise to go on, but now I may want to do the Canada cruise instead! Such a beautiful area to enjoy!

Thanks Cindy for such a detailed review! I am thoroughly enjoying it, and like you, love to photograph churches! On my last trip to NYC, I have more shots of the churches than anything else! :)

We are debating which Alaskan cruise to go on, but now I may want to do the Canada cruise instead! Such a beautiful area to enjoy!

Thanks for taking time to read my review. We are headed to Alaska in June for 6 night land tour & 7 night cruise. I'm going to try to do a review on the cruise tour portion as there aren't many detailed ones out there.

I live in NYC, have cruised to Halifax and St John and have visited Montreal and Quebec City. Thank you so much for your review. I got so excited reliving all our wonderful trips. Your photos are fantastic!! Thank you again.

Thanks for the compliment on the photos. I'm definitely an amateur but love taking pictures!

cindy,

you did a wonderful job doing your review. look for the screen name here cruisecritic (walleyeLJ) he has one of the best pic of alaska and review as to what they did and also he use the same camera that you have its 7d he talked about his lens that he use.

marion,

p.s. i also collect christmas ornaments from my trips, did you happen to get one from nyc?

cindy,

you did a wonderful job doing your review. look for the screen name here cruisecritic (walleyeLJ) he has one of the best pic of alaska and review as to what they did and also he use the same camera that you have its 7d he talked about his lens that he use.

marion,

p.s. i also collect christmas ornaments from my trips, did you happen to get one from nyc?

Thank you for your compliments. I have read some of walleyeLJ review & have enjoyed it very much. I'm looking forward to getting lots of great pictures when we go to Alaska in June. Hopefully I will get around to doing a review.

And yes I did get an ornament in NYC but forgot to take a picture of it. It's a Kurt Adler blown glass Cityscapes ornament.

Happy Sails!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for taking time to read & post. I didn't realize at the time how much time & effort a trip report takes. Your comments make it seem worthwhile. You will love this trip. It is a beautiful & historic itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...
Loved the review. It is really making me second guess my decision to do Bermuda this year. I think I might be booking this for 2014!

Pyrrhus,

Thanks you for your comments. We LOVED this cruise! Doing it in 2014 will give you plenty of time to research, make plans, book tours or rental cars and you'll still be having fun on a cruise between now & then... Best of both worlds.

Happy Sails.

We are just packing up here in Puerto Vallarta after a 3 month stay and I got reading your blog and got my husband to read it as well. I should be packing but could not stop reading.... The Canadian Tourism Office should be paying you. I think you will get lots of people to visit Canada because of your gorgeous pictures and review. Thank you for your hard work - we both really enjoyed it. We have friends visiting some of the same ports and I will tell them to read your review and make notes.

Wendy

Pyrrhus,

Thanks you for your comments. We LOVED this cruise! Doing it in 2014 will give you plenty of time to research, make plans, book tours or rental cars and you'll still be having fun on a cruise between now & then... Best of both worlds.

Happy Sails.

Do you have your photos anywhere that they can be viewed at once or only on Photo bucket. I want to show my wife.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for a wonderful review, it brought back such wonderful memories. I have done the Canada/New England trips several times. We did a 14 day from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale and it was my favorite. Only difference was when we stopped in Gaspe it was so foggy you could not see the land from the ship and one of the tenders got lost for like 10 minutes. Loved all your pictures.:)

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment on my review. This is one of my favorite cruises we have taken. Our Alaska cruise tour is up next & I have plans to do a picture review of it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review - was toying with the idea of taking a 7-day this fall but clearly only 14 days will do!

Originally thought it would be a go-with-the flow cruise but you've woken up the planning bug in me!!! (why do people laugh at the binders ??? :confused: )

:D

I had thought late October would be pushing it but you had such beautiful foliage...

Yeah Cindy! We get to look forward to both an Alaskan and European cruise review like this one! So many great pictures and so much detail! You have inspired us to book a 9 day Canadian cruise out of Bayonne for Fall 2014. Wish we could do the 14 day but we also have to fit a Grad Disney trip in that year!

How did you ever decide on which itin to take in Europe? We are still waiting for the fall 2015 itineraries to come out! I assume you are leaving from Rome since you already have an apartment lined up.

Thanks again for this great review! Lauri (and Mike!)

Laurie,

We're actually NOT leaving from Rome! We wanted to do a min of 10 days on a cruise (a week wasn't worth the expense of flying overseas). I found this 10 night but the only downfall was Rome was on about day 7 on a Sunday. The Sistene Chapel & Vatican museums are closed on Sundays (except the last Sunday of each month when they are free) plus you have to spend around 3 hours of your day traveling round trip from the port to Rome. So we decided to fly in to Rome, spend 2 days site seeing then we're taking the train to Venice for around $50 where the ship overnights so we'll have 2 days in Venice. Only 2 sea days (so lots of port time) with days in Kotor Montenegro, Corfu Greece, Salerno (Amalfi Coast) Italy, Rome which we'll probably ado a wine vineyard tour or another nearby town instead of Rime, Pisa/Florence Italy, Nice/Villafrnce Italy, and end up in Barcelina where we'll stay over 2 nights. So it will be 15 days packed with travel & sites! Can't wait to start filling my notebook & IPad with plans!

I think you will like the NE even though there will be no beaches & snorkeling :) it's still beautiful & we had such a great time!

I am hoping to so a trip report for Alaska I've also booked a short 4 night out if Galveston on the Navigator in Feb 2014 (first cruise after drydock) to celebrate my 50th birthday which is in Jan which only has one port so it is going to be a relaxing cruise!

I saw your review and have read the whole thing this morning! I booked the 7 night for September 2014 for my 50th birthday, when the bookings were released and I have the corner aft that you had.

I am so excited after reading your reviews. Do you have anymore pictures of your aft balcony? We have had 1700 and 1400 on the Liberty and Freedom and know how fabulous they are.

Thank you for taking the time to do your review.