AA new livery

Redrobo

I don't like the tail either. The blue portion looks like the former UA tail. And, two of our original Colonies are missing...there are 11 red/white stripes! (For benefit of non-US readers who understandably may not know: the 13 red and white stripes on the American flag symbolize the 13 original Colonies which formed the USA).

The front fuselage is nice. I saw the promo video this morning, and like how the new logo looks on signage, ticket folders, etc. Maybe they should have gone back to the 1950's logo...classy and retro.

I hope with the new paint job that will mean that US doesn't gobble them up like they did w/America West.

Interesting comment. The CEO mentions the possibility of a merger in the promo video. I'm sure the new livery takes that into account. It could be read a number of ways. The merger is going to happen and this is the new branding. Or, it absolutely isn't going to happen and AA is setting a new and independent course (hope so). Or, a merger is possible and if it happens a new post-merger scheme will be introduced with minor change to the "new AA"...for example only changing the front of the plane and leaving the tail scheme intact.

Archived