So when did the Fois Gras disappear from Murano?

islandgirlejfan

One of my BFF's is onboard the Constellation right now and told me that Murano is no longer offering Fois Gras as an appetizer. Anyone miss it except us? We were really looking forward to having it on our April cruise in Murano.

Celebrity, if you're listening PLEASE bring it back!

They won't bring it back because they had complaints from animal rights people and felt compelled to remove it. I'm not happy about it either. Heck, if you don't want to eat a particular food, are a vegetarian or whatever, that's your choice, but I don't care for it when those beliefs are basically forced on everyone.

They won't bring it back because they had complaints from animal rights people and felt compelled to remove it. I'm not happy about it either. Heck, if you don't want to eat a particular food, are a vegetarian or whatever, that's your choice, but I don't care for it when those beliefs are basically forced on everyone.

Please..Give me a break! Is anyone else tired of being deprived of something we truly enjoy because a corporation feels the need to mollify a whiny minority to be politically correct? What's next...going to an entirely vegan menu? Don't get me wrong, I love animals and can't bear the thought of cruelty to pets. But let's get real...This is what these animals are bred for, it's the "food chain" and so far I think we're on top. (well, maybe not.)

Janet, I asked specifically in Muranos why they stopped serving it and was told, very quietly, it was because of PETA members, but the corporate response is that it's too expensive and difficult to get. If they hold that opinion, they must get rid of a lot of foods like caviar and other non-sustainable goods.

I think the idea (from an animal rights perspective) is that the Ducks are force fed, and not just that it is duck liver. If the method of fattening the duck was limited to cultivating only those ducks that are over eaters, and banning the sale of liver from force-fed ducks, it might be easier to tolerate. Same thing with milk fed veal. It's not so much that animal right's activist are against eating the animals, it's the quality of life we provide those creatures that we plan to butcher and eat. In the words of Temple Grandin...."it's about respect!"

I think the idea (from an animal rights perspective) is that the Ducks are force fed, and not just that it is duck liver. If the method of fattening the duck was limited to cultivating only those ducks that are over eaters, and banning the sale of liver from force-fed ducks, it might be easier to tolerate. Same thing with milk fed veal. It's not so much that animal right's activist are against eating the animals, it's the quality of life we provide those creatures that we plan to butcher and eat. In the words of Temple Grandin...."it's about respect!"

We are no longer allowed to purchase fois gras in CA. It is extremely in humane to force feed those poor animals. I am by no means an animal activist, and even grew up in a hunting family, but it seems cruel the way these ducks are force fed. : (

So when did the Fois Gras disappear from Murano? Not soon enough. I'm a meat (just about any meat) and potato guy but if you've ever actually witnessed ducks being fattened up for Fois Gras, you'd also be advocating its end as well.

If you enjoy fois gas......then insist that it be harvested from ducks liver that is obtained from "organic" methods (the term "organic" is used until a more appropriate term is defined) as opposed to forced fed ducks or none at all. $ speaks loudest. If you join forces and refuse to purchase or consume it from inhumane sources, you will make it cost effective to meet the demand of the consumer and provide fois gras in the manner that the consumer wants. You have more power than you know.

Archived