Would This Work for bringing alcohol on board?

The do gooder booze police are out.....

Do you only drive 60 in a 60 mph zone? I didn't think so

Not my neighbors. They are in their 80s and I can promise you that they do not drive 60 in a 60 mph zone. They drive 25-30 :p!!!!

Edited by lady_cruiser

My first cruise, we had to walk through the store to get to the dinning room, and they plied you with free booze samples to get you to buy their bottles of booze instead of buying in ports - special of the day! Never had as many nips of flavoured rum before or since. Ah the good old days!

By the way, taking liquor onboard is against the rules. If you can't live by the rules then you should cruise on another cruiseline. This Royal Caribbean board does not care for those who purposely break the rules.

Hogwash. You might not care for those who break the rules but its a stretch of the imagination to assume everyone else does.

Wow. I've been on these boards for a few years now, and this is seriously the first time I've seen someone get scolded for asking about sneaking booze on board. LOL.

Especially since there are tons of threads dedicated to that topic. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wow. I've been on these boards for a few years now, and this is seriously the first time I've seen someone get scolded for asking about sneaking booze on board. LOL.

Especially since there are tons of threads dedicated to that topic. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Every post on booze smuggling turns out the same. The do gooders feel they are morally right and wish to scold all others who do not fit their mold.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!

Every post on booze smuggling turns out the same. The do gooders feel they are morally right and wish to scold all others who do not fit their mold.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!

Is it really your intent to ridicule people who are following the rules?

I, personally, feel you should not do this because you agreed, when you signed up for the cruise, to follow the rules. You are breaking your word. For me, that is enough of a reason not to do it.

But, if anyone needs a less philosophical reason, people breaking this particular rule drives up the cost of cruises. Pricing is based on revenue. Each dollar that is "saved" by people who do this is passed along to the consumer.

Horrors,what a suggestion,you just made some people faint. That isn't even a consideration for the booze smuggle club.:eek:

Why would you think that they don't pay for their drinks? Maybe they just wanted something the ship different offer, or maybe it was for convenience.

I never have and most likely never will smuggle booze, but it is not my place to criticize those who do. Maybe if everyone here that wants to criticize the poor OP fired that holier than thou crap back on themselves they could probably find something they have done that was not the best choice either.

BTW, I am curious if anyone put any thought into the wine bottle idea. ;)

Shawn

Why would you think that they don't pay for their drinks? Maybe they just wanted something the ship different offer, or maybe it was for convenience.

I never have and most likely never will smuggle booze, but it is not my place to criticize those who do. Maybe if everyone here that wants to criticize the poor OP fired that holier than thou crap back on themselves they could probably find something they have done that was not the best choice either.

BTW, I am curious if anyone put any thought into the wine bottle idea. ;)

Shawn

Have I made a wrong choice in life? Absolutely. Many.

Do I feel badly about it? Yes. Do I make it a point to learn from it, and not do it again? Also yes.

Do I deliberately set out to do things that I have agreed not to do? No. I don't.

One of the reasons I wrote on this thread is because, obviously, the OP and some others feel/felt that it is acceptable to smuggle booze. If no one speaks up and says "You agreed not to do that when you signed up for this, and therefore you shouldn't", then there continues to be little thought to doing it.

I don't know the OP. I certainly can't control the OP, or anyone else, other than myself. But, I do believe that, if you see people doing the wrong thing, if you (generic) don't speak up, ultimately they, as human beings who (I hope) strive to do better, suffer. And, society suffers, because I think that personal integrity is an important foundation for a good society.

Have I made a wrong choice in life? Absolutely. Many.

Do I feel badly about it? Yes. Do I make it a point to learn from it, and not do it again? Also yes.

Do I deliberately set out to do things that I have agreed not to do? No. I don't.

One of the reasons I wrote on this thread is because, obviously, the OP and some others feel/felt that it is acceptable to smuggle booze. If no one speaks up and says "You agreed not to do that when you signed up for this, and therefore you shouldn't", then there continues to be little thought to doing it.

I don't know the OP. I certainly can't control the OP, or anyone else, other than myself. But, I do believe that, if you see people doing the wrong thing, if you (generic) don't speak up, ultimately they, as human beings who (I hope) strive to do better, suffer. And, society suffers, because I think that personal integrity is an important foundation for a good society.

I wasn't questioning that at all. I was pointing out the fact that someone who is going to smuggle booze is going to do it no matter what anyone on here says. I do believe something should be said with regards to the the company's position on the topic.

What I don't like is when people attach the person's character for asking a simple question. Especially not when the title of the post is so obvious, and the option to avoid it is available.

I wasn't questioning that at all. I was pointing out the fact that someone who is going to smuggle booze is going to do it no matter what anyone on here says. I do believe something should be said with regards to the the company's position on the topic.

What I don't like is when people attach the person's character for asking a simple question. Especially not when the title of the post is so obvious, and the option to avoid it is available.

I need to go back and look (and I can't just now) to see what things you might be saying about character attacks. IMO, many of the ad hominen attacks have been towards those of us who have said we think it is wrong.

But, I would disagree with you, that it is a simple question. I don't think it is simple at all. It has greater implications than the original question ("Do you think it is possible to smuggle booze this way?" <paraphrased, of course>).

I need to go back and look (and I can't just now) to see what things you might be saying about character attacks. IMO, many of the ad hominen attacks have been towards those of us who have said we think it is wrong.

But, I would disagree with you, that it is a simple question. I don't think it is simple at all. It has greater implications than the original question ("Do you think it is possible to smuggle booze this way?" <paraphrased, of course>).

This is what I was referring to;

Seriously? Is this how little integrity means to people these days?

Sad.

It would seem that the comments are also against the guidelines for this message board as well, and that would be a rule violation.

Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them

I think the attacks are going both ways BTW...

This is what I was referring to;

It would seem that the comments are also against the guidelines for this message board as well, and that would be a rule violation.

Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them

I think the attacks are going both ways BTW...

You know, I think you are right. I should have said, instead:

"Everyone, when they sign up for the cruise, agrees to abide by the rules of the cruiseline. IMO, to intentionally try to circumvent the rules is wrong. My integrity is important to me, and to do that would not be acting with integrity."

Thank you for pointing this out. I was tired last night, and was snarky. I could have gotten my point across without being snarky.

I do feel strongly that this is not just a matter of getting caught. As the old saying goes, our personal ethics are demonstrated in what we do when no one is looking.

You know, I think you are right. I should have said, instead:

"Everyone, when they sign up for the cruise, agrees to abide by the rules of the cruiseline. IMO, to intentionally try to circumvent the rules is wrong. My integrity is important to me, and to do that would not be acting with integrity."

Thank you for pointing this out. I was tired last night, and was snarky. I could have gotten my point across without being snarky.

I do feel strongly that this is not just a matter of getting caught. As the old saying goes, our personal ethics are demonstrated in what we do when no one is looking.

I agree with you completely BTW.

The things people will do to save a few bucks. Patheic if you ask me, Rules are Rules

I agree that is against the rules and should not be done, but you don't know that it was being done to save money. Why would you bring three minis on board to save cash?

The things people will do to save a few bucks. Patheic if you ask me, Rules are Rules

Pathetic (not patheic). It is not about saving money for me, it is about convenience, I like a few drinks while getting ready for dinner.

I get all the free drinks I want being a DIAMOND member

Edited by Cruiser-T

Is it really your intent to ridicule people who are following the rules?

I, personally, feel you should not do this because you agreed, when you signed up for the cruise, to follow the rules. You are breaking your word. For me, that is enough of a reason not to do it.

But, if anyone needs a less philosophical reason, people breaking this particular rule drives up the cost of cruises. Pricing is based on revenue. Each dollar that is "saved" by people who do this is passed along to the consumer.

Unbelievable - Really WhansaMi? Get real, as you certainly live in a fantasy world.

Please advise who I have ridiculed? I and others are the ones being attacked because we chose to carry on a small amount of spirits to enjoy. I have spent many $$ over numerous cruises producing much revenue so you and others can enjoy the cost of a lower priced cruise, quite the opposite of what you think.

Do you think it was quick, easy and cheap achieving DIAMOND status? I have spent a lot of $$ with RCI and I plan to spend a lot more. Back off with your better than thou attitude because you do not like the fact that some bring a little bit of spirits onboard. You probably don't even drink, so how are you contributing to producing that revenue you speak of?

Edited by Cruiser-T