Celebrity Wine Policy ??

rick160158

A few years back we did a Panama Canal on the Infinity. We brought on board without any problem a case of wine(12bottles). We were 2 couples. Wondering if Celebrity has changed it's Policy on bringing wine on board. Anyone have any issues with bringing wine on board ? Whether its 2,3,4, etc. bottles ?

A few years back we did a Panama Canal on the Infinity. We brought on board without any problem a case of wine(12bottles). We were 2 couples. Wondering if Celebrity has changed it's Policy on bringing wine on board. Anyone have any issues with bringing wine on board ? Whether its 2,3,4, etc. bottles ?

Greetings

The policy is that 2 bottles of wine per cabin can be brought on board at your port of embarkation. You cannot bring wine on board during the cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

I understand that you can arrange to have more wine brought on board and stored. You can request your wine from the wait staff in the dining venue who will retrieve it and automatically charge the $25 corkage fee.

We had some table mates who did that on a previous cruise.

Greetings

The policy is that 2 bottles of wine per cabin can be brought on board at your port of embarkation. You cannot bring wine on board during the cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

Correct and that policy is being strictly enforced on Solstice during its current Australia/NZ season.

I thought it was 2 bottles per person and not per cabin???

Hi Michael, I just checked with Celebrity site re our upcoming Solstice cruise, it said 'Two bottles per Stateroom, upon embarkation.'

Edited by NSWP

• 1 year later...
Hi Michael, I just checked with Celebrity site re our upcoming Solstice cruise, it said 'Two bottles per Stateroom, upon embarkation.'

If we are doing a B2B can we bring on 4 bottles per stateroom upon embarkation, or do we need to bring on 2 bottles for the first leg, and then the second 2 bottles for the second leg?

Greetings

Good Sailing

Tom

That is the stated policy. If you do bring wine aboard, they will hold it for you until the end of he cruise.

On our European TAs, they have let us bring wine aboard and take it to our cabin, even though the sign says they will confiscate it.

Dave

I understand that you can arrange to have more wine brought on board and stored. You can request your wine from the wait staff in the dining venue who will retrieve it and automatically charge the $25 corkage fee.

We had some table mates who did that on a previous cruise.

This is the first I've heard of this in all the years I've been reading these boards. While I am not doubting it happened, I don't think one could rely on this being available since it is contrary to Celebrity's written policy.

I brought wine on board at ports without any issues. It is usually only a bottle or two at a time. I did this on my previous European cruises in 2011 and 2012 on Celebrity and I consumed the wine in my cabin.

Gail

We've seen both wine passed through and wine confiscated when brought on at ports of entry - sometimes with different results within a few minutes of each other at the same port.

Bottom line is that enforcement is sometimes inconsistent and while one might be hopeful they'll be allowed to bring on extra wine they shouldn't count on it. You need to be OK with the fact that wine brought on that isn't in compliance with the written policy might be confiscated. If it isn't then consider that a plus.

The only wine the policy provides for bringing on board is a maximum of two bottles, each with a max of 750ML, and only at initial embarkation.

Edited by Lsimon

Once a couple who owned a California winery was at my table. They had made some sort of special arrangements to bring quite a quantity of their wine on board, for which they dutifully paid the corkage. I think they were making a pitch for Celebrity to buy a lot of their wines. Some bottles had been sent to the Senior Officers on board to pour at their tables on formal nights. They were quite generous in sharing with those of us at their table. Sadly I never saw their wines in the Celebrity "cellars" in the following years. But this was clearly a highly unusual case.