Enter the Vacation Awesome-ation Event contest with previously booked reservation

lookitsmikel

Although I wanted to be greedy to increase my chances of winning, I decided I would share with others because I like to be nice :)

Everyone who has a current booking can enter the Vacation Awesome-ation Event contest, even if you don't book this week.

Simply go to:

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/r/regf2?aid=982238741&a=0&n=2010

This is the Alternate method of entry as listed in the official rules. You may enter once per day. Prizes include upgrades, Shore excursion credits, spa credits, free drinks and more!

All official rules: http://www.carnival.com/legal/vacation-awesomeation-event-terms.aspx

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

1. Eligibility: Carnival Vacation Awesome-ation Event Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Carnival Corporation, ePrize, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

2. Sponsor: Carnival Corporation, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami, FL, 33178. Administrator: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.

3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 27, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 2, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.

4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, make a Carnival Cruise reservation online at http://www.carnival.com, via phone, or through a travel agent. Upon confirmation of your reservation, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. If you would like to make a Carnival Cruise reservation but would not like to participate in the Sweepstakes, visit http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/r/regf2?aid=982238741&a=0&n=2010 by February 3, 2013 and follow the links and instructions to opt-out of the Sweepstakes.

Alternate Method of Entry: During the Promotion Period to enter the Sweepstakes without making a Carnival Cruise reservation, visit http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/r/regf2?aid=982238741&a=0&n=2010 and follow the links and instructions to enter the Sweepstakes. Upon submission of your information, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.

Limit: You may enter one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. You may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.

Looks like this contest does not include Canadians - so sad :(

Unfortunately it's this way for many U.S. based sweepstakes.

Canadian sweepstakes law, unlike American law, requires that the third component, "winners are chosen by luck," is removed. Sponsors cannot use pure luck to determine who wins a sweepstake. There must be at least some element of skill involved.

In order remove the element of pure chance, sponsors narrow the field of potential winners by requiring a skill testing question to enter their contests. Every entrant does not have the same chance to win; only those who at least pass the skill testing question are eligible to win prizes. Of course, this is only a technicality. Most people can pass the skill testing questions without difficulty, although sponsors are required to make the test somewhat challenging.

Looks like this contest does not include Canadians - so sad :(

Looks like the only benefit we get is a reduced deposit....thanks for nothing Carnival...guess I will hold 2 cabins, since the total deposit is the same, and wait and release it closer to the date :D

Yup another kick in the pants....

all our contests here, you have to answer a skilled question :p 3+8-2 = ?

That is how contests get around the rules.

Oh well booking my next cruise today anyway to take advantage of the 50% deposit.

The link the poster provides is the same as the link in the contest rules #4. It says that if you want to be opted out of the sweepstakes use this link....it's the same one??? Am I reading it wrong, or is someone not playing fair?

If you followed the link, you would see that it provides you with both the Alternative Method of Entry AND an option to opt out. I don't think the OP was trying to be unfair.

The link the poster provides is the same as the link in the contest rules #4. It says that if you want to be opted out of the sweepstakes use this link....it's the same one??? Am I reading it wrong, or is someone not playing fair?

You have to click on the opt out buttom to opt out, so they are the same.

Archived