Photos of "Caribbean Hideaways" Cruise on the Riviera ~ 1/3/13 - 1/13/13

HeatherInFlorida

Following up on my recent review, my photos will likely be more interesting to those who haven't cruised on the Riviera, but I'm sure there are still many who haven't and I took many pictures of the ship itself as well as our cabin.

Photography along with writing is my passion though I am an amateur at both. Still, I have cut 850 photos down to about 590 and I edit every one. Each is part of my soul.

So I offer them not only for those who have not enjoyed the Riviera yet, but also for those who may want to remember :).

I hope you enjoy them:https://plus.google.com/photos/106137413221576546805/albums/5838253184812976721

Everything looked so lovely. I hope those lobsters were on the Riviera, but I think it was a tour boat??? I wish the pics had labels, but I got most of it. We will be on the Riviera the 22nd, and we are really looking forward to it.

Everything looked so lovely. I hope those lobsters were on the Riviera, but I think it was a tour boat??? I wish the pics had labels, but I got most of it. We will be on the Riviera the 22nd, and we are really looking forward to it.

I should have taken the time to label them, but I didn't:(. There were lobsters on the catamaran tour, but I also had pics of lobsters on the Riviera. Lobsters, lobsters everywhere!!! :)

Heather,

Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful photos. They brought back many fond memories of our cruise. Of course my favorite picture was the one of your white sandals perched atop the railing.:D

Next year on the Mayan Mystique cruise I don't think I am even going to bring a camera. I will simply ask you to take a few pictures of Cyndi and I that we can supplement with yours and call it our cruise album.

Besides writing, photography, and organizing CC meetups do you have any other talents that we don't know about?;)

Heather, Enjoyed your most recent Riviera photos, as well as your other cruise ship photos. All of your photos are well thought out. We will be on the February 12 sailing on the Riviera, and are looking forward to some relaxation and trying out our new Nikon DSLR camera. Great food pics!

Thanks for the many compliments! As I said, part of the joy of the cruise is the memories I bring home through my pictures.

Loved looking at all of your pictures. We just loved the ship as well and plan on returning to the Riviera for the Mayan Mystique itinerary next January.:D

Are you coming on the January 3rd? Jeff and Fran are coming, too, along with a few others who were onboard this time! It will be old home week! :)

Heather,

Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful photos. They brought back many fond memories of our cruise. Of course my favorite picture was the one of your white sandals perched atop the railing.:D

Next year on the Mayan Mystique cruise I don't think I am even going to bring a camera. I will simply ask you to take a few pictures of Cyndi and I that we can supplement with yours and call it our cruise album.

Besides writing, photography, and organizing CC meetups do you have any other talents that we don't know about?;)

Jeff, you always make me laugh. I should have known you'd love the sandals one :)!!! And I'm really happy I've taken the burden off you for next year's cruise;). Do I have to follow you on the tours you choose?

We need to get a roll call going, but it won't be me starting it!!! LOL. I have an idea for a great independent tour in Costa Maya. We were supposed to go last January and had to cancel last minute. It's the Maya Chan Beach Resort ... google and take a peek.

I should have known you'd love the sandals one :)!!! And I'm really happy I've taken the burden off you for next year's cruise;). Do I have to follow you on the tours you choose?

We need to get a roll call going, but it won't be me starting it!!! LOL. I have an idea for a great independent tour in Costa Maya. We were supposed to go last January and had to cancel last minute. It's the Maya Chan Beach Resort ... google and take a peek.

No Heather, you don't have to follow us on the tours that we choose. Instead we will follow you on the tours that you choose, but please choose wisely. It does look like you are off to a smashing start though... Maya Chan looks perfect!

No Heather, you don't have to follow us on the tours that we choose. Instead we will follow you on the tours that you choose, but please choose wisely. It does look like you are off to a smashing start though... Maya Chan looks perfect!

Perfect and reasonably priced. And they were so wonderful refunding our money when we canceled from the ship. They're on Facebook, too, if you're on there. I know several people who have done it and loved it. A rocky ride, but worth it they say :). When we get closer, I'll write him.

Thanks for the many compliments! As I said, part of the joy of the cruise is the memories I bring home through my pictures.

Are you coming on the January 3rd? Jeff and Fran are coming, too, along with a few others who were onboard this time! It will be old home week! :)

Jeff, you always make me laugh. I should have known you'd love the sandals one :)!!! And I'm really happy I've taken the burden off you for next year's cruise;). Do I have to follow you on the tours you choose?

Heather...Yes we are booked on the January 3rd cruise. Wish it were here already. We should start a roll call...maybe around late summer? We can put our buddy Jeff in charge of that one...ya think?

Following up on my recent review, my photos will likely be more interesting to those who haven't cruised on the Riviera, but I'm sure there are still many who haven't and I took many pictures of the ship itself as well as our cabin.

Photography along with writing is my passion though I am an amateur at both. Still, I have cut 850 photos down to about 590 and I edit every one. Each is part of my soul.

So I offer them not only for those who have not enjoyed the Riviera yet, but also for those who may want to remember :).

I hope you enjoy them:https://plus.google.com/photos/106137413221576546805/albums/5838253184812976721

Thanks for sharing your photos !! What was your cabin number ? We sail on the Riveria in March for 24 days. Our first Oceania cruise

G&G, we were in 7128 which is a PH3 category. We loved it, but decided to do midships on deck 10 next time.

So enjoyed your photos, certainly not the work of an amateur. My husband and I are sailing the Riviera for the first time on March 4th and are now doubly excited. By the way, would you mind revealing the type of camera you used.

There were 2 cameras involved. The first half or so up to the Barbados tour was an Olympus SZ-14. When DH was passing the camera to me after taking my picture, it was dropped. A "little tiff" ensued about who dropped it. It was brand new. Just got word it costs $90 to repair.

From there on it's a Canon Powershot Elph 100HS. Both are point and shoots, but the Olympus has a very powerful zoom on it which I love. I do a lot of editing of the photos on Picasa and/or iPhoto.

Heather...Yes we are booked on the January 3rd cruise. Wish it were here already. We should start a roll call...maybe around late summer? We can put our buddy Jeff in charge of that one...ya think?

Terrific :)! I tried to put Jeff in charge, but he refused:eek:. I think we can do it about 6 months out. Hopefully someone will start one and we can just jump in. While I can't wait to board the Riviera again, I don't want to rush time either. Every day is just too important. We have some fun trips planned between now and then ... hoping for a really great year.

Heather,

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos with us...........makes me feel like I am back on board. I agree with Jeff that next year we will just let you be the resident photographer.

The way time flies we will be back on board before we know it but until then enjoy every day to the fullest.

Fran

Heather the photos are wonderful. Your composition skills are much admired by this amateur! I especially liked the sequence with the shutters shot indoors, but looking out to the fabulous ocean and greenery, you have a great eye for putting something in the foreground to show the scale of the landscape.

Being a clothes lover I also enjoyed the shots of the people, though there weren't enough of those - I wanted to see more fashions! You and your husband certainly looked very nice!

I can hardly wait for March 28th when we do the same itinerary, our first cruise. I waded through all your pics today...you saved me as it was cold, wet and icy here....I reveled in them all. Thank you for taking the time to do this, and for sharing!

Terry

G&G, we were in 7128 which is a PH3 category. We loved it, but decided to do midships on deck 10 next time.

Though we are not in a PH we are four cabins from 7128. The accommodations look great and I like the picture of the large balcony.

This is awesome! Our first Oceania cruise is on 3/28 and I can't wait! Your pics provided a wonderful sneak peek. Thanks so much. Kathy

Though we are not in a PH we are four cabins from 7128. The accommodations look great and I like the picture of the large balcony.

You will have that same depth, just narrower. It's a terrific location!

For those of you with cruises coming up so soon, I am so jealous. Just last night I was saying to my husband how I ache to reboard Riviera, but at the same time I don't want to lose a year!!! If we didn't have so much planned for this year we really would book another cruise before January.

Archived