"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

Hi:) Is Quantum suppose to be here for the Summer of 2015? Thanks!

Yes 9&5 day Itin. Please look at the Itin for the EXOS during the months of April 2014 to Sept 2014. It will be the same Itin. 5 day Bermuda sailings Sat to Thursday and 9day Bermuda sailings Thursday to Saturdays.

NY/NJ just atemporary stop, no long term committment like Oasis/Allure. I wonder where the Quantum will be in 2016?:confused:

Sailing out of the New York area, the new Quantum of the Seas elevates cruising. With newly designed staterooms, game-changing-technology, groundbreaking venues and the best dining ever, it won’t be long before you find a huge WOW upon your lips.

Quantum of the Seas will sail out of Bayonne, New Jersey in Summer 2015 and offer 5-night Bermuda cruises on May 2,16,30; June 13,27; July 11, 25; August 8, 22, 2015. Quantum will also offer 9-night Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries on May 7, 21; June 4, 18; July 2, 16, 30; August 13, 27; 2015.

Yes 9&5 day Itin. Please look at the Itin for the EXOS during the months of April 2014 to Sept 2014. It will be the same Itin. 5 day Bermuda sailings Sat to Thursday and 9day Bermuda sailings Thursday to Saturdays.
Great, thank you!:)

NY/NJ just atemporary stop, no long term committment like Oasis/Allure. I wonder where the Quantum will be in 2016?:confused:

RCCL has a long term commitment to the port but could move the vessel anywhere which is pretty much a standard in the industry.

So we see the gloating from NY/NJ and the sour grapes from Florida. For the rest of us, I will say I am suitably impressed by the design. I could give a rip about bumper cars [although to be honest, I would probably ride them], but the North Star intrigues me -- sort of like I would like to ride the London Eye.

To all of those whining about itineraries, look at the website. One of the suggested itineraries is a 12 day southern Caribbean. Even as a non-beach person, I find that intriguing. If you cruise for the ports, that ought to be one you would find interesting.

For all of those whining about "six flags of the seas" and accusing Quantum of being another "inward looking ship." I can only say are you serious? Have you looked at the features? There are indeed concessions to more cold weather sailing [such as the indoor activity center] but the 270 area is hardly inward looking. The North Star is hardly inward looking. There are more balconies per capita than any other RCI ship. It appears to me that there is more open area on the promenade deck than there is on Oasis -- it does not appear that it is merely a dark tunnel thorught he life boats. I like that. This seems to have tons of glass. Isn't that what all the Radii lovers wanted? I agree that the pool decks seem to be more limited, but there appears to be plenty of outdoor opportunity if you care to use it [and I am an outdoor fan].

Keep in mind there are a lot of "more to be added" spaces on the plans. I was concerned they ad set the bar way too high with their pre release "Quantum leap" comments. I think they have done OK so far.

Looks like IF Quantum indeed sails from Bayonne.....lots of folks can/will scratch that ship as a candidate for a future cruise.

The reasons why have been thoroughly covered....and other than those who selfishly just want it in their back yard for convenience...the rest of the world won't want to deal with all the numerous negative reasons...and will simply avoid that ship and port altogether.

Nothing on a new ship can overcome that terrible port.

Shame on Royal Carribean for making such a foolish mistake to port this new ship.

Yes, please cross Quantum of the Seas off of your list for future cruises. Thanks :)

RCCL has a long term commitment to the port but could move the vessel anywhere which is pretty much a standard in the industry.

Exactly. It's not like Oasis/Allure where it needed a specially built terminal to accommodate it... that was a unique situation. It would be very surprising though if the ship succeeds in NY that they wouldn't keep it there for a while.

Looks like IF Quantum indeed sails from Bayonne.....lots of folks can/will scratch that ship as a candidate for a future cruise.

The reasons why have been thoroughly covered....and other than those who selfishly just want it in their back yard for convenience...the rest of the world won't want to deal with all the numerous negative reasons...and will simply avoid that ship and port altogether.

Shame on Royal Carribean for making such a foolish mistake to port this new ship.

A 'foolish mistake'...WOW! I tuned in late to the presentation but even so, I don't remember hearing anyone say 'sorry for making this foolish mistake'. :rolleyes: I did however, see Mr. Fain and Mr. Goldstein appear rather excited to share info on the new ship!

I've also sailed from the Bayonne port and did not see anything wrong with it. We were out of the car, bags to porters, 35sec walk through the tent, and into the main check-in area in a matter of minutes. We did not have time to look around for things to complain about...we were on the shuttle and to the ship in no time at all.

All that said, I'm sure the 'terminal' will be a new experience and quite nice for the new QOS. Welcome to the NorthEast Quantum!! The $$ I save on airfare will be of benefit once I'm ready to book.:)

So we see the gloating from NY/NJ and the sour grapes from Florida. For the rest of us, I will say I am suitably impressed by the design. I could give a rip about bumper cars [although to be honest, I would probably ride them], but the North Star intrigues me -- sort of like I would like to ride the London Eye.

To all of those whining about itineraries, look at the website. One of the suggested itineraries is a 12 day southern Caribbean. Even as a non-beach person, I find that intriguing. If you cruise for the ports, that ought to be one you would find interesting.

For all of those whining about "six flags of the seas" and accusing Quantum of being another "inward looking ship." I can only say are you serious? Have you looked at the features? There are indeed concessions to more cold weather sailing [such as the indoor activity center] but the 270 area is hardly inward looking. The North Star is hardly inward looking. There are more balconies per capita than any other RCI ship. It appears to me that there is more open area on the promenade deck than there is on Oasis -- it does not appear that it is merely a dark tunnel thorught he life boats. I like that. This seems to have tons of glass. Isn't that what all the Radii lovers wanted? I agree that the pool decks seem to be more limited, but there appears to be plenty of outdoor opportunity if you care to use it [and I am an outdoor fan].

Keep in mind there are a lot of "more to be added" spaces on the plans. I was concerned they ad set the bar way too high with their pre release "Quantum leap" comments. I think they have done OK so far.

You forgot to mention that some studios will have balconies and some inside cabins will have virtual balconies. I'm interested in the family-connected balcony rooms as we are a multi-generation family that cruises, ages 16-86

I realize booking is not supposed to open until May for C&A members and June for the general public, but there are 4 itineraries listed on the website now:

12 night southern

7/8 night Bahamas

11 night eastern

8 night eastern

Since RCI has crrently only scheduled through Spring 2015 and Quantum deosn't come into service until October 2014, I wonder if we will see Canada/New England in the fall of 2015.

I realize booking is not supposed to open until May for C&A members and June for the general public, but there are 4 itineraries listed on the website now:

12 night southern

7/8 night Bahamas

11 night eastern

8 night eastern

Since RCI has crrently only scheduled through Spring 2015 and Quantum deosn't come into service until October 2014, I wonder if we will see Canada/New England in the fall of 2015.

Where is that listed on the RCCL website? I can't seem to find Quantum anywhee on the schedule.

You're not a smart cruise fan from an economic reality. RCCL is very smart and taking advantage of the tremendous market that comprises the Metro area. You are talking about a large population to draw from and a no. 1 & 2 market by income (NJ/CT) and NY not too far behind.

Stop being such a boor. Remember the Metro area will have the Super Bowl, the MLB All Star game and now the WOW factor in cruise ships "Quantom" in the next 2 years.

While I didn't say it would never said from NJ I was a large doubter for sure. I still stand by my points on Florida as a cruise hub, but I was flat out wrong about Quantum.

As far as the ship goes it looks cool. The bumper car room doesn't inspire me at all. Don't really seeing myself using that at all unless they hold the quest in there. Which would seem likely.

The sky eye or whatever while cool in theory I'm worried will be a flawed design. First issue is 14 people at a time. Your going to either have long lines of people waiting or you'll have to pre book which I foresee a lot of people not being able to get a ride on their trip. I also think it will break down. Just looks like one of those things that will always be down for technically issues. But only time will tell. The rest of the ship looks cool no doubts. I'm curious about the food venues. I'm for sure going to sail her NY or not. As stated doesn't matter if the terminal is garbage I'm going for the ship. Anyone leave from San Juan? Lol.

I think the bumper cars will only be there for a short period each day. It was described this way:

The largest indoor active space at sea, SeaPlex is a distinctive and

flexible sporting and entertainment venue with thrilling new features

that will inspire guests of all ages to let loose and connect with their

playful sides. Delivering more first at sea experiences, guests can

experience a circus school with flying trapeze, or play basketball on a

full-size regulation basketball court. By night, the first-ever bumper

car and roller skating offerings deliver fun and excitement. Or, guests

can dance to music orchestrated from a floating DJ booth which hovers

above the activity below.

While I didn't say it would never said from NJ I was a large doubter for sure. I still stand by my points on Florida as a cruise hub, but I was flat out wrong about Quantum.

As far as the ship goes it looks cool. The bumper car room doesn't inspire me at all. Don't really seeing myself using that at all unless they hold the quest in there. Which would seem likely.

The sky eye or whatever while cool in theory I'm worried will be a flawed design. First issue is 14 people at a time. Your going to either have long lines of people waiting or you'll have to pre book which I foresee a lot of people not being able to get a ride on their trip. I also think it will break down. Just looks like one of those things that will always be down for technically issues. But only time will tell. The rest of the ship looks cool no doubts. I'm curious about the food venues. I'm for sure going to sail her NY or not. As stated doesn't matter if the terminal is garbage I'm going for the ship. Anyone leave from San Juan? Lol.

You could always hang out then and wait to see where they put Anthem too. She'll only be 6 months later and perhaps she'll wind up down in Florida, at least seasonally.

If I were in charge of Royal, I'd probably have Anthem sail seasonally from Southampton then winter in Miami sailing interesting (read: different than the standard Oasis/Allure ports) 8 night / 6 night Caribbean itineraries.

Archived