"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

It appears that they have floated the getaway forward, by the current picture on meyer werfts website....

Here's the link: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

You are correct. It looks like the bow of the Getaway is now up against the exterior doors for the building and is floating on its own. I am looking forward to photos of the keel laying ceremony for the Quantum.

Eric

Just heard there is going to be a 3rd Quantum Class ship :D

Due out Mid 2016 :D

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbean-firms-deal-for-a-third-quantum-newbuild-at-meyer.html

heres the link from meyer werft on the press release

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_10818.jsp

Here's the link: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

You are correct. It looks like the bow of the Getaway is now up against the exterior doors for the building and is floating on its own. I am looking forward to photos of the keel laying ceremony for the Quantum.

Eric

It gets better everyday, looking forward to watching her be built

It appears that they have floated the getaway forward, by the current picture on meyer werfts website....

Thanks for the update. The first few sections of Quantum may be sitting in Hall 2 and getting ready to be move to Hall 6. "Let the games begin"

Thanks for the update. The first few sections of Quantum may be sitting in Hall 2 and getting ready to be move to Hall 6. "Let the games begin"

I believe the next move for the getaway would be float out, then sea trials after they put the funnels on. The keel laying for the quantum should be in the next month or two

I believe the next move for the getaway would be float out, then sea trials after they put the funnels on. The keel laying for the quantum should be in the next month or two

I think the keel laying will be sooner than that. You recall those sections that were barged in a few weeks ago. They could have assembled some in Hall 2 to ready them for keel laying. You notice you have not seen Hall 2 webcam for a while.

I'm shocked RCI isn't releasing more info about the building process. May be over the summer they'll start disseminating more info. The suspense is driving me crazy (which is a short trip anyway). :D

I think the keel laying will be sooner than that. You recall those sections that were barged in a few weeks ago. They could have assembled some in Hall 2 to ready them for keel laying. You notice you have not seen Hall 2 webcam for a while.

The last time they took a good pic of the hall there was some of those quantum pieces in there, but you very well could be right !!

I'm shocked RCI isn't releasing more info about the building process. May be over the summer they'll start disseminating more info. The suspense is driving me crazy (which is a short trip anyway). :D

Agreed !! I think google is going to block me. I spend a majority of my day searching for any bit of info

Archived