"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

It is clear from other posts in this thread that the whole world does not endorse nor is pleased with the selection of the Bayonne terminal as the site of the new Quantum home port. There have been logical (to this point clear) reasons why this is a bad choice. Apparently a few people struggle with the thought anyone might have alternative views on this topic.

Of course, it really doesn't make a difference if Cruise Critic forum participants endorse or do not endorse Bayonne or Fort Lauderdale or Barcelona as the home port of any ship. Any company worth its salt will make decisions based on its own marketing research with factors such as price, spending habits of customers choosing home ports, as well as expected capacity of each cruise. I would bet that most of the opposition is provincial and not from those who actually live NY, NJ, CT, MA, or RI.

If RCI chose Bayonne, then there are logical reasons why this is a good choice and part of their overall marketing strategy. For people who don't live within driving distance of Bayonne, this may be unfortunate. But if you live in Florida, you probably already have enough alternatives and might be getting the Anthem a year later and the third in the Oasis class shortly thereafter.

Excited to hear Anthem will likely NOT be porting at the same home port as Quantum.

Best information is that it will port in Ft. Lauderdale, and Oasis will move to Port Canaveral in 2015 when Anthem is launched.

Both Quantum and Anthem will also offer different itineraries (number of days and destinations).

That gives people a choice - a good thing, since not everyone is thrilled about Cape Liberty.

Excited to hear Anthem will likely NOT be porting at the same home port as Quantum.

Best information is that it will port in Ft. Lauderdale, and Oasis will move to Port Canaveral in 2015 when Anthem is launched.

Both Quantum and Anthem will also offer different itineraries (number of days and destinations).

That gives people a choice - a good thing, since not everyone is thrilled about Cape Liberty.

Good Morning, I doubt QOS will be moving out of NJ in the near future. NJ is it's new home and that is where it will stay for a long time. That's based on Explorer's long running cruise history I'm sure. Anthem from what we are being told is going to Europe but hey who knows. Maybe you'll be right and it will go to FL, then you can sail on her and experience the Quantum ships. :D Otherwise I guess you won't be sailing on QOS anytime soon since it's sailing from NJ. Looking forward to the more to come on the ship though....can't wait for them to fill in the blanks. Happy Cruising!

Speaking of choice, I think if Anthem goes to So. Fla. it would be really nice if they offered some longer, or at least different, itineraries than Oasis and Allure. Perhaps an 8 night / 6 night, or even a 9 night / 5 night would work out well for a lot of folks. Out of Fl. they could come up with some really interesting itineraries.

Do I think they'll do this? Probably not, but I hope so!

Voyager was in NJ and then Explorer. They could do the same scenario with Quantum and Anthem! Vicki

Not to mention the Enchanment, Empress of the Sea & Zenith during the Bemuda season.

My favorite was the (x) Sillihouete and the 12nt Itins to the Carribean :)

Not to mention the Enchanment, Empress of the Sea & Zenith during the Bemuda season.

Would have loved to do the 12 night Sillihouette Ken. My friends sailed on it and loved it too. I prefer the longer itineraries. A week is just not enough time anymore. :rolleyes: One of favorite cruises was the a 14 night EOS cruise back in 2010 with a group of friends. Did 3 sea days down to the Caribbean, then 7 islands and 2 sea days back. Best cruise EVER! I really want to do a longer itinerary on QOS too. ;)

Has this information been published anywhere yet? We heard that Port Canaveral and Royal Caribbean will be making an announcement about a third RC ship soon. The most speculation I have seen about Anthem is Europe, and that speculation came from CC boards.

Just MHO, but I think X really missed the boat discontinuing those itineraries!!! Seems like they were a complete hit up here. My only guess is they didn't want to compete with / cut into the profit of Explorer?

Highly doubt they'll return an S class to Bayonne anytime soon with Quantum on the way, but I think it would be really nice.

Just MHO, but I think X really missed the boat discontinuing those itineraries!!! Seems like they were a complete hit up here. My only guess is they didn't want to compete with / cut into the profit of Explorer?

Highly doubt they'll return an S class to Bayonne anytime soon with Quantum on the way, but I think it would be really nice.

Dave, according to the senior staff on board the Sillihoute, it was a test if the Silli and EXOS could command a premium price during the Winter Months (November 2011-April 2012)They also stated that the next Newbuild from RCCL might be homeported in Bayonne. This was stated by various officers on both of our trips. I said to myself "Yeah OK" I guess they proved me wrong ????

Anthem will not be home porting in any Florida Port. Quantum and Anthem were designed for scenic home ports and cooler climates. It would be a waste for RCCL to deploy Anthem to Ft. Lauderdale. Florida will have 3 Oasis class ships. 2 in Ft. Lauderdale and 1 in Port Canaveral. We know this is a fact and not a guess! Port Canaveral has already announced port enhancements for Oasis. No room for Anthem anywhere. Ft. Lauderdale already looks like a Cruise Ship parking lot on the weekends. Best informed guess is that Anthem will most likely homeport in Europe. I picked Port Liberty for Quantum months before the announcement and I was right. My pick was based on RCCL stating early on that Quantum will be an all weather ship as well as looking at growth in the NY cruise market . Why would you place an all weather ship design in Florida? You wouldn't! The North Star will be great for seeing the NY skyline when she's in port in Bayonne. Not much skyline in Florida to see. But in Europe with all those wonderful cities the North Star will be a hit! Take this and the fact that RCCL has something like 7 ships running European itineraries this year. That is why I say Anthem will not be home porting in Florida but will be going to Europe. I guess we will have to wait and see but I'd put money on it!

Did you get this best information from the same insider that told you Quantum would not go to Bayonne??? If so you'll have to forgive some of us for being extremely skeptical and being in disagreement with you.

Now, Now....don't get too excited! You thought Quantum will "likely" have Florida as its home port....we all know how that turned out.:D:D:D

Port Canaveral is making enhancements because they want to attract an Oasis-class ship. That doesn't mean that Royal Caribbean will send one there.

I think there is a good chance that once the 3rd Oasis Class ship comes online in 2016 one of the Oasis Class ships would be homeported at Port Canaveral. You would probably see the current Saturday and Sunday departures from Ft. Lauderdale of an Oasis Class ship. If Royal Caribbean places an Oasis Class ship there as a 3rd ship homeporting there you might see it do Saturday departures as the Freedom of the Seas does Sunday departures.

Dave, according to the senior staff on board the Sillihoute, it was a test if the Silli and EXOS could command a premium price during the Winter Months (November 2011-April 2012)They also stated that the next Newbuild from RCCL might be homeported in Bayonne. This was stated by various officers on both of our trips. I said to myself "Yeah OK" I guess they proved me wrong ????

Very interesting! I guess the answer to their question was "no." :(

Despite the NorthEast self-servers who love Quantum in NJ...I learned that the original source was actually quite correct about a Florida home port - just got the wrong Quantum ship name - the 2nd one - Anthem.

Sorry Bayonne - you're not getting both Quantum ships.

Feel free to do your own research/confirmations about Oasis being moved and Anthem moving to Ft. Lauderdale. So far, other than getting the 1st and 2nd Quantum ships in the wrong sequence....that source has been spot on.

The only reason Bayonne got Quantum was to compete with the new Norwegian ship in that location - that's it.

With multiple itineraries offered on the Quantum ships, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out 2 different home port locations for their 2 ships makes common sense.

Despite the NorthEast self-servers who love Quantum in NJ...I learned that the original source was actually quite correct about a Florida home port - just got the wrong Quantum ship name - the 2nd one - Anthem.

Feel free to do your own research/confirmations about Oasis being moved and Anthem moving to Ft. Lauderdale. So far, other than getting the 1st and 2nd Quantum ships in the wrong sequence....that source has been spot on.

The only reason Bayonne got Quantum was to compete with the new Norwegian ship in that location - that's it.

With multiple itineraries offered on the Quantum ships, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out 2 different home port locations for their 2 ships makes common sense.

Straw clutching I think!! Why did New York get Breakaway - because of the massive cruise market that exists there. It stands to reason that RCI have also realised that there is a huge market here and this is why they are putting Quantum here.

I think I mentioned before - it is alot easier for Europeans to get to New York than it is to Miami / Fort Lauderdale therefore your market is again massively increased.

I am willing to bet that Anthem will be based in Europe during the summer, replacing Independence of the Seas (she'll probably head back to Miami / FL). Where Anthem will head in the winter is what I am not so sure about.

3hol1.jpg

:):):):)

I'm curious. Other than getting the home port for Quantum wrong and now claiming (without any apparent evidence) that Anthem will be based in Florida, what things has your source been "spot on" about? Until RCI confirms a Florida base for Anthem, by my calculation, your source is batting 0 for 1.

Straw clutching I think!! Why did New York get Breakaway - because of the massive cruise market that exists there. It stands to reason that RCI have also realised that there is a huge market here and this is why they are putting Quantum here.

I think I mentioned before - it is alot easier for Europeans to get to New York than it is to Miami / Fort Lauderdale therefore your market is again massively increased.

I am willing to bet that Anthem will be based in Europe during the summer, replacing Independence of the Seas (she'll probably head back to Miami / FL). Where Anthem will head in the winter is what I am not so sure about.

I understood that the Anthem was going to be in Europe all year around. I think that is what I have heard from all the talks. That is why she is being built as an indoor ship and why she is going out of NJ like the Explorer of the Seas. Europe needed a year around ship for revenu making for RCCL.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

LOYAL to ROYAL

Archived