"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

Despite the NorthEast self-servers who love Quantum in NJ...I learned that the original source was actually quite correct about a Florida home port - just got the wrong Quantum ship name - the 2nd one - Anthem.

Sorry Bayonne - you're not getting both Quantum ships.

Feel free to do your own research/confirmations about Oasis being moved and Anthem moving to Ft. Lauderdale. So far, other than getting the 1st and 2nd Quantum ships in the wrong sequence....that source has been spot on.

The only reason Bayonne got Quantum was to compete with the new Norwegian ship in that location - that's it.

With multiple itineraries offered on the Quantum ships, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out 2 different home port locations for their 2 ships makes common sense.

None of us figure the Anthem was going to NJ also. Your source was wrong, many of us tried to tell you that. Some of us told you the Quantum was going to Bayonne to compete directly with the NCL Breakaway. You continued on that your inside source knew Quantum was going to Florida. There will be a different home port for the Anthem, it will be in Europe.

I think you should do more research yourself and not trust your inside source. Only time will tell where the leadership of Royal Caribbean will decide to homeport the Anthem of the Seas. I'm sure there will be plenty of spirited SPECULATION among us as to where that homeport will be.

I'm curious. Other than getting the home port for Quantum wrong and now claiming (without any apparent evidence) that Anthem will be based in Florida, what things has your source been "spot on" about? Until RCI confirms a Florida base for Anthem, by my calculation, your source is batting 0 for 1.

Other than reversing which ship goes where...they were spot on. Perhaps remedial math is a consideration. Speculate away folks.

None of us figure the Anthem was going to NJ also.

Thanks for saying that. I was wondering who said both ships were going to NJ. :confused: Cruisefan0001 is posting all this rhetoric as if to dispute a majority opinion both ships were going to the same home port. I don't recall that ever being the specualtion.

Other than reversing which ship goes where...they were spot on. Perhaps remedial math is a consideration. Speculate away folks.

Thanks for confirming that your source was still wrong.

Possible thought

With NCL having two ships sailing out of N.Y. maybe RC will the QOS & EOS from Bayonne???

Not likely. Royal Caribbean has not indicated a need to do so. When Quantum of the Seas comes on line the Explorer of the Seas is scheduled for a dry docking period and will likely be relocated to a new homeport. Of course this is still just speculation except for the dry dock period.

Not likely. Royal Caribbean has not indicated a need to do so. When Quantum of the Seas comes on line the Explorer of the Seas is scheduled for a dry docking period and will likely be relocated to a new homeport. Of course this is still just speculation except for the dry dock period.

If the company was going to do that it would make more sense to have a Celebrity ship there on an extended basis (beyond what Summit has been diong) to at least provide a different product.

If the company was going to do that it would make more sense to have a Celebrity ship there on an extended basis (beyond what Summit has been diong) to at least provide a different product.

I agree.

Thanks for confirming your perspective is wrong.

From my perspective your source was wrong on the Quantum's homeport. From my perspective unless your source has a flux capacitor and has already travelled into the future and witnessed the announcement of the Anthem's homeport, there is no way that your source can yet be "spot on".

Thanks for confirming your perspective is wrong.

February 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM

CRUISEFAN0001

Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Originally Posted by roe2ship

If Quantum or Anthem comes to Bayonne a balcony stateroom will easily be around the 1500-2000 range….no doubt about that.

The whole NJ Port thing is one person's rumor...nothing more. It was based on hearsay information 2nd hand, and could just as easily be totally wrong.

Based on the size of the ship from early information (larger than Liberty but smaller than Oasis...it'll take a big terminal to service it in a port, and even destination ports will need to be able to handle a larger ship of that size.

That could mean Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan, or other home port. San Juan, for example, is already know to be expanding it's harbor and terminal facilities to accept the 3rd Oasis ship being built as a destination port.

There simply are very few facts about Quantum (or Anthem) at this time.

As for getting some facts...Quantum will have St. Maarten as one of its destination ports...starting in January 2015.

"Spot on" again with your Key inside Contacts ??? Yeah, Ok, lol

I have spent countless hours to find pictures. I looked in all the same spots as when they were building the oasis and nothing !! I can't wait for more.

And I have RCCL on my twitter feed, as it was sent 4 Hours ago. I also have them on tumblr.

All the excitement today on twitter is with the Breakaway :)

And I have RCCL on my twitter feed, as it was sent 4 Hours ago. I also have them on tumblr.

All the excitement today on twitter is with the Breakaway :)

I guess you would have to expect that as it is now in New York. It is good to see the first pieces of the Quantum ready to go though.

• 2 weeks later...
Ask the next 100 people on the street in almost any city other than one in the NorthEast if they'd welcome a NJ home port or one further South. 99% of them would not pick NJ.

The cost to get there, stay there a day in advance, weather.....there are 3 reasons right off the bat.

Looks like the QOS had a nice opening for booking on May 28. Noticed many folks throughout

The country including the Southeast who will be traveling into the New Jersey area from November until April ???

Looks like the QOS had a nice opening for booking on May 28. Noticed many folks throughout

The country including the Southeast who will be traveling into the New Jersey area from November until April ???

Sure....packing winter clothes to go on a Caribbean cruise sounds like a great idea... :cool:

Archived