Carnival Offers Generous Compensation to Triumph Passengers

LauraS

I would like to hear what can be positive about:

1) Having a fire on a ship which leaves it without any power or means of propulsion

2) Running out of food for the passengers

3) Unsanitary Conditions which I do not even want to write about

4) Inadquate compensation for the victims

5) Callousness on the part of Carnival to the passengers

6) The same ship has a history of previous problems and malfunctions

6) The cruise line (Carnival) having the same accident (fire) on another of tis sister ships

7) The cruise linve (Carnival) having a history of malfuncitons and cancelled or altered cruises with other ships.

8) Its sister line (Costa) having one of it newer ships sink in less time than it took the Titanic.

Certainly some people can look at Carnival with "Rose Colored Glasses"

That happens when you're a Diamond member with Carnival. They could be chucking people overboard and the Diamond members would still say they are great and we are concentrating on the negative too much.

So how do YOU get all your glorious misinformation, $argent $chultz?

People have waited in line for 4 HOURS and got only a slice of bread with a tomato and mayo on it. They are defacating into small garbage cans...no showers for 3-4 days...raw sewage in the hallways...

Lovely, ain't it, $argent $chultz?

Companies hire people to manage their PR in social media

I suspect some folks on this thread - including your favorite are some of those folks

I would like to hear what can be positive about:

1) Having a fire on a ship which leaves it without any power or means of propulsion

2) Running out of food for the passengers

3) Unsanitary Conditions which I do not even want to write about

4) Inadquate compensation for the victims

5) Callousness on the part of Carnival to the passengers

6) The same ship has a history of previous problems and malfunctions

6) The cruise line (Carnival) having the same accident (fire) on another of tis sister ships

7) The cruise linve (Carnival) having a history of malfuncitons and cancelled or altered cruises with other ships.

8) Its sister line (Costa) having one of it newer ships sink in less time than it took the Titanic.

Certainly some people can look at Carnival with "Rose Colored Glasses"

So many incorrect statements, so little time.

The fire still did not occur over a week ago as some purport. At no time was the ship out of food. Concordia did not sink. Etc. Etc. Etc.

The fire still did not occur over a week ago as some purport. At no time was the ship out of food. Concordia did not sink. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Most of what you have said is wrong and most of us know it. Ao just keep going on and on and on with waving your pom poms...Now I can hit the ignore button. Bye Bye...:p

Companies hire people to manage their PR in social media

I suspect some folks on this thread - including your favorite are some of those folks

It sure seems that way doesn't it? Either that or there are people who identify with cruise lines the way pre-pubescent girls identify with Justin Bieber.

Personally, I would be out of my mind pissed off if they caused me to miss that much work to be trapped in a miserable situation like that. Especially given the problems they've had like this in the past.

I had this same thought, why not delay the departure of the Magic from Galvistan on Sunday, put those passengers in hotels for the night, sail out and pick up the passengers with 1 bag each, pring them home, then set sail for the Magic cruise monday afternoon.

Seams like it would have been a lot less cost, and safer.

We are on conquest. The first tug arrived while we were there. The seas not bad but tender from legend which was already there when we arrived had difficulty getting picked up and our tender went alongside tug and transferred supplies to tug. They had to throw items across one at a time. If they tried to transfer people at sea I am certain there would have been injuries and probably loss of life. You needed to see the situation

It didn't sink? Really? If that is so, why can't I book a cruise on it? If it didn't sink, what caused the drowning deaths of 30 passengers and crew? Was it from swimming in non authorized areas of water? Wanna blame the passengers for their deaths, or families who are suing to be ungrateful?

I hope Carnival is paying you big bucks for the nonsense you post here!

It didn't sink? Really? If that is so, why can't I book a cruise on it? If it didn't sink, what caused the drowning deaths of 30 passengers and crew? Was it from swimming in non authorized areas of water? Wanna blame the passengers for their deaths, or families who are suing to be ungrateful?

It didn't sink because it ran aground. People who think otherwise are mistaken.

A generous company would keep its equipment in top running condition at all times for the safety of its passengers.

Considering the past record of the Carnival Company, I would say their generosity is only driven by the threat of lawsuits and the loss of future revenues!

OK wow..this really made me laugh! SERIOUSLY?? people can threaten all they want to sue..they wont get anywhere. Call a lawyer, you'd be told "good luck" you have to prove negligence ..Carnival isnt negligent because of an engine that caught fire broke down and took out the power...do you think they put a match to it and did it on purpose ?

Generous! We were cancelled 10 years back, on a Celebrity Infinity Hawaiian cruise, and they put us on another itinerary, same amount of days, for free, have us back all the money that we paid, and 75% off a future cruise. They also gave us $200 shipboard credit for each passanger in our party. We weren't even schedule to go for a month. Carnival is putting $$$$ before maintenance and upkeep of their ships. You get what you pay for.

We are on conquest. The first tug arrived while we were there. The seas not bad but tender from legend which was already there when we arrived had difficulty getting picked up and our tender went alongside tug and transferred supplies to tug. They had to throw items across one at a time. If they tried to transfer people at sea I am certain there would have been injuries and probably loss of life. You needed to see the situation

Great point!! they could NOT just pull another ship along side (whether they had one available or not) and get all the passengers off and home

its just plain not safe!

OK wow..this really made me laugh! SERIOUSLY?? people can threaten all they want to sue..they wont get anywhere. Call a lawyer, you'd be told "good luck" you have to prove negligence ..Carnival isnt negligent because of an engine that caught fire broke down and took out the power...do you think they put a match to it and did it on purpose ?

Actually, they could be held liable if they find out the fire was a result of improper upkeep and maintenance on the engine. The only issue they may have, is that it's a registered vessel of the Bahamas.

Actually, they could be held liable if they find out the fire was a result of improper upkeep and maintenance on the engine. The only issue they may have, is that it's a registered vessel of the Bahamas.

But, if they did sue, it would on be small claims, unless one suffered serious injury.

Archived