Carnival Offers Generous Compensation to Triumph Passengers

LauraS

That offer seems "just", but not "generous" to me. "Generous" would be more than you would expect. I wouldn't expect any less than that for this experience.

I wonder how this makes the people on the ships that stop to offload supplies feel? It seems that it would be disturbing to come alongside of suffering, hungry, sick, people and then leave on your way to your extravagant vacation. I think it would also make your cruise less enjoyable. Carnival should have canceled one of those cruises on another ship and picked those people up! They would all be on a ship with food and toilets and power and home today.

That offer seems "just", but not "generous" to me. "Generous" would be more than you would expect. I wouldn't expect any less than that for this experience.

I wonder how this makes the people on the ships that stop to offload supplies feel? It seems that it would be disturbing to come alongside of suffering, hungry, sick, people and then leave on your way to your extravagant vacation. I think it would also make your cruise less enjoyable. Carnival should have canceled one of those cruises on another ship and picked those people up! They would all be on a ship with food and toilets and power and home today.

Yea, thats what should have happened, but that would have cost carnival some of their precious money. It's cheaper to just leave them on the ship to piss in a bucket for a week and get them a cheap bus ticket home when they arrive in Mobile!:mad::mad::mad:

Carnival is always very generous! :)

A generous company would keep its equipment in top running condition at all times for the safety of its passengers.

Considering the past record of the Carnival Company, I would say their generosity is only driven by the threat of lawsuits and the loss of future revenues!

There is also a percentage of people who kinda enjoy the memory and the retelling of the tale of hardships and heroism, even if it's unpleasant at the time. I am like that myself. Edwin

But then they probably won't book with Carnival again untill they offer a Triumph survivors reunion cruise

Stewpapa- Carnival is being generous all they had to do is refund passengers fares and also didn't have to pick up their tabs which to me was the right thing for Carnival to do but they went beyond, they giving all passengers equal cruise credit for another cruise.

The ships that stopped to aid the Triumph, trust me those passengers were all out on deck watching they were excited they were able to help her. Their itinerary was not altered in any way they made their next port.

Im laughing..you say one of Carnivals ships should of picked people up and bring them on board hahahahaha....sorry but its too funny, do you realize all the problems that would of created? Lets see, transporting passengers from one ship to another is dangerous,. getting from one ship to the other people would get hurt. It would also cause kaus. The ship that "would of picked them up" only have limited cabins for these people and why effect another ships passengers with problems? Its just like they didn't pull down the lifeboats to let the passengers in and transport them to a port, its just dangerous overall.

I can't believe (Im sorry to say the words but I say it nicely) how not smart people just are here.....

Mermaid 72 you really think that Carnival wanted this to happen? Do you believe in accidents, things breaking down such as your computer, and electronics and such? So your saying nothing ever breaks down and that includes the ships propulsion?

Equipment does break down including engines even in cars, they can die, they can have problems and not work properly, this is all called unforseen, uncontrollable problems that happen in life.

Trust me, if people will sue Carnival, Carnival will win because its beyond their control, it was not planned nor did they want or expect this to happen. They compensated the passengers in the best way possible.

Trust me, if people will sue Carnival, Carnival will win because its beyond their control, it was not planned nor did they want or expect this to happen. They compensated the passengers in the best way possible.

We dont know this was beyond carnivals control. Heck there was a thread 3 days before she sailed WARNING people not to get on due to mechanical problems.

Going through the ship reviews there are complaints for months about mechanical problems.

It's not a feasible option. With one ship without propulsion for stability, transferring over 3000 pax would be hazardous at best (could you imaging doing it in tenders, with the source ship in motion, with luggage?)

Great Idea Stewpapa, canceling another ship so Carnival could pick up the stranded passengers. Was there another ship available for that in the Gulf?

Great Idea Stewpapa, canceling another ship so Carnival could pick up the stranded passengers. Was there another ship available for that in the Gulf?

I had this same thought, why not delay the departure of the Magic from Galvistan on Sunday, put those passengers in hotels for the night, sail out and pick up the passengers with 1 bag each, pring them home, then set sail for the Magic cruise monday afternoon.

Seams like it would have been a lot less cost, and safer.

I would agree with this as well. The compensation may be adequate, but they should have canceled another cruise and sent a ship to pick everyone up. Yes, that would have been very costly and would have inconvenienced the would passengers on the other cruise, but that would have been the RIGHT thing to do instead of leaving over 4000 people on a ship with those conditions.

Yep, screw up many thousansd of passengers instead of a few. Find hotels for thousands on Mardi Gras when there are no rooms to be found. To expect Carnival to do the impossible is unreasonable. Carnival's compensation is extremely generous.Two free cruises for a little inconvenience? Both my GF and i would have loved to be on that cruise. :)

Carnival is always very generous! :)

I agree Carnival is always generous.

Really?? Getting your money back from this fiasco and and credit for another fiasco??? How "generous" is this? What about all the lost time from people's work? How does this generosity make it's way into their paychecks? Most people that cruise on Carnival can not afford to have four or five days taken out of their paychecks. Some people may even lose their jobs because they're not showing up for work!!!!

Carnival needs to get their act together and maintain their ships!!! There have been far too many of these engine fires ALWAYS involving Carnival ships, having thousands of people stuck in horrid conditions.

I wouldn't get on one of these ships from "generous" Carnival if Noah was on there with his ark!!!!!!

Yep, screw up many thousansd of passengers instead of a few. Find hotels for thousands on Mardi Gras when there are no rooms to be found. To expect Carnival to do the impossible is unreasonable. Carnival's compensation is extremely generous.Two free cruises for a little inconvenience? Both my GF and i would have loved to be on that cruise. :)

Calling this mess "a little inconvenience" is comical at best. I think you be hard pressed to find any passenger aboard that ship who would agree with you.

Really?? Getting your money back from this fiasco and and credit for another fiasco??? How "generous" is this? What about all the lost time from people's work? How does this generosity make it's way into their paychecks? Most people that cruise on Carnival can not afford to have four or five days taken out of their paychecks. Some people may even lose their jobs because they're not showing up for work!!!!

Carnival needs to get their act together and maintain their ships!!! There have been far too many of these engine fires ALWAYS involving Carnival ships, having thousands of people stuck in horrid conditions.

I wouldn't get on one of these ships from "generous" Carnival if Noah was on there with his ark!!!!!!

There are absolutely no facts supporting that the ships were improperly maintained. To further suggest that the fire was related to something that has yet to be established is pure fantasy.

Carnival is not the only cruise line to have had fires at sea. To say that they are is denying reality.

Calling this mess "a little inconvenience" is comical at best. I think you be hard pressed to find any passenger aboard that ship who would agree with you.

I doubt that I will have to. Hoards of reporters will descend upon the passengers wherever they disembark and if like the Splendor, yes, there will be a few chronic complainers looking for obscene compensation, but most will praise the crew for making the best of the situation and say Carnival did well.

There are absolutely no facts supporting that the ships were improperly maintained. To further suggest that the fire was related to something that has yet to be established is pure fantasy.

Carnival is not the only cruise line to have had fires at sea. To say that they are is denying reality.

I think you could make a case that this was avoidable. But more to the point, how many engine room fires has Carnival had? I know there was the Ecastasy and the Splendor and now the Triumph. Which has already had problems as reported on this very message board.

I would be curiuos to see what the record is for this sort of thing with other lines, but that information is not as easy to research as I initially expected.

I really enjoyed my Carnival Cruise last year, but next time I'm going with Celebrity. Or HA. Or Disney (not really). Because when I hear the words "Cruise ship" and "Misery" it seems as if it's the same company every time.

Archived