Norwegian Dawn Spa questions

Mistizoom

You need a spa pass to use anything in the spa. Even if you purchase a treatment, you also need the pass to use the spa.

It's worth it!

Did they just change that? For some reason I thought you can use the spa after a treatment? Not sure why I thought that .... maybe I'm mixing my cruise lines up.

Did they just change that? For some reason I thought you can use the spa after a treatment? Not sure why I thought that .... maybe I'm mixing my cruise lines up.

A lot of people seem to think that, but the prevailing answer has been 'no.'

DML

Thanks for the info. Follow-up question, are day passes readily available or do you need to buy one for the whole cruise? And what is included in the spa pass on the Dawn?

I've only heard of the full-cruise ones, which depend on length of cruise. I've heard $120 or so for a 7 day and about $140 for a 9 day. What they have depends on the ship. Usually, there's a spa tub, a lap pool, a steam room, loungers, and a drink area with OJ, water, and tea. Some cruises have additional things like thermal/heated tiles, little bottles of spa scrubs, and such.

DML

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. Follow-up question, are day passes readily available or do you need to buy one for the whole cruise? And what is included in the spa pass on the Dawn?

I just spoke with NCL a couple of days ago and she said the day pass is $30. For the Star which is the Dawns twin sister.

we plan on spending the day onboard the Dawn on my birthday-which is Belize day....

can we purchase a day pass for that day only??? can we purchase it when we board or do we have to wait til the day of????

we have done week long passes but never a day pass......

Marsha

Are the treadmills and the sauna in the locker room considered part of the spa that requires the purchase of a pass or are those free as on most other cruise lines?

The treadmills are in the gym, no additional charge. The sauna is in the Spa and requires a pass. The locker room is also part of the Spa, and there is no locker room for the gym.

This applies to the Dawn and the Star. I believe the Sky, Sun and Spirit do not have full spas, so the sauna, steam, shower rooms are not additional fee based.

The other ships are probably similar to the Dawn class, but some ships may have locker rooms for their gyms, unlike that class.

we plan on spending the day onboard the Dawn on my birthday-which is Belize day....

can we purchase a day pass for that day only??? can we purchase it when we board or do we have to wait til the day of????

we have done week long passes but never a day pass......

Marsha

It is my understanding that they sell day passes only if they have not sold out of week-long passes.

Archived