What soft drinks are we allowed to bring with us

Hi everyone. Me and my partner don't drink alcohol but we like to drink sparkling water, soft drink and juices. We are on a strict budget as we have had some big bills come in after this cruise was booked.

What drinks can we are on board? We don't want to break any rules but we read that you can take wine on board so can we take an amount of non alcoholic beverages?

Thanks everyone

The "official answer" is "NONE!"

I always carry on some Diet Rite Soda and have never had a problem.

It does seem crazy that you are officially allowed two bottles of wine but officially allowed no water or soda. If we buy a 24 pack of soft drink and some bottles of sparkling water do you think the will confiscate it?

Allowed? NONE Zero Zilch:)

But if you think the RCI rules are there to break then bring a case;)

I always smuggle lots of alcohol and its the "Exact" same rule break as non RCI bought Soda:p

Some seem to disagree? but if you read T&C,s its all the same:)

Den

It does seem crazy that you are officially allowed two bottles of wine but officially allowed no water or soda. If we buy a 24 pack of soft drink and some bottles of sparkling water do you think the will confiscate it?

They could. I've seen a lot of posts on here indicating that folks have been able to get sodas on board, even though it's technically prohibited. We are not going to bring soda, but will attempt to bring a case of water by taping a luggage tag on it and see if it works. If they confiscate it we'll only be out $4 or $5 and will experience a "lesson learned" moment. :)

Here in the states the official answer is None. but, as long as it is not school break (especially college break) they seem to look the other way.

I've been bringing a case of water (I believe you call it "still water") in plastic bottles with me on every cruise. I leave it in the original shrink wrap and just slap a luggage tag on it and check it with my other luggage (you may want to do additional packaging around cans of soda). The way I look at it is that if they confiscate it I'm out $4 or so..

On two separate cruises I received the water minus one bottle. Either the baggage handlers were thirsty or they opened one bottle to make sure it was not contraband. Otherwise the complete case made its way to my cabin.

Other CC members report doing the same thing with cases of soda.

Just dont go crazy and bring enough for the whole ship...

Steve

I've brought as mentioned above on Independence, Jewel and Radiance. They don't sell caffeine free coke on board (other than on the Freestyle Coke machines now).

generally speaking the consensus is a 12 pack of soda per person is going to get through. as for water.. the water on board is perfectly safe to drink, and tastes fine( hell some report it tastes BETTER than their own tap water.

but if you are still leery, just get a Britta water bottle with a built in filter. however, you will be required to use a provided glass to fill the bottles with and not fill directly.

there will also be a few non carbonated drinks available 24/7 in the buffet.. iced tea, lemonade, breakfast tends to have a couple of different juices.

We have brought on soda and water many times in just the market plastic they were purchased in. This cruise I am taking Prosecco for one wine and the juice for these:

Prosecco Pear/Cranberry cocktail

1 oz Pear Nectar

1 oz Raspberry/Cranberry Cocktail

Prosecco to fill:D

I know they don't have those onboard!

All I'll need is ice and a balcony;)

Thanks everyone.

I will attempt to take a 24 pack of soda and some bottles of sparkling water for 2 guests.

Thanks for your comments. I'm guessing it should be ok getting through

Happy cruising

Slap luggage tags on the sealed packs for delivery to your room :)

Here in the states the official answer is None. but, as long as it is not school break (especially college break) they seem to look the other way.

When is college break? We leave on March 2 out of New Orleans, and I was hoping to take on some bottled water.

When is college break? We leave on March 2 out of New Orleans, and I was hoping to take on some bottled water.

The spring break period varies by school, so it can be anytime in March, and into the first week in April.

Ok. Thanks. I'm surprised that they are stricter with bottled water then. I can understand alcohol.

and the easiest way way to SMUGGLE clear alcohol is in a water bottle.( well at least for the newbies who don't know about the shake test)

which is why if you are going to bring water on board, make sure they are still factory sealed.

and the easiest way way to SMUGGLE clear alcohol is in a water bottle.( well at least for the newbies who don't know about the shake test)

which is why if you are going to bring water on board, make sure they are still factory sealed.

Thanks. Then, I will attempt to bring on an unopened package of Dasani. Hope that will make it!

I was searching for the right answer on rcl website but couldn't find anything.

I just didn't want to do the wrong thing.

Thanks

Here:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Archived