Epic posh pass

footballbabe3

there is a lovely area near the spa cabins which is for their use exclusively with the exception that if there is enough space the ship will sell "posh passes". Essentially you get a room key which allows you to use this place to relax. It is full of comfy chairs, lounges and has a bar. There is no food served unless you are in the spa cabins. They do occasionally come around with things like fruit skewers and other little snacks. It was quiet when we were there but children area allowed so that would depend on your cruise. I would probably not do it again. It really wasn't worth it to us. There are also those who pay to be in spa cabins and think they should have the area exclusively to themselves but that is their opinion and the ship is there to make money so it sells what it can.

there is a lovely area near the spa cabins which is for their use exclusively with the exception that if there is enough space the ship will sell "posh passes". Essentially you get a room key which allows you to use this place to relax. It is full of comfy chairs, lounges and has a bar. There is no food served unless you are in the spa cabins. They do occasionally come around with things like fruit skewers and other little snacks. It was quiet when we were there but children area allowed so that would depend on your cruise. I would probably not do it again. It really wasn't worth it to us. There are also those who pay to be in spa cabins and think they should have the area exclusively to themselves but that is their opinion and the ship is there to make money so it sells what it can.

POSH is not near the spa cabins.

It's located on deck 18 above the Epic Club. People in suites have access to POSH but they also sell some passes to other passengers. POSH is adult only.

No children allowed. Quiet area!

I bought a posh pass last week on the Epic. There were kids up there daily. Probably 12 teenagers were in and out many were lounging around. They were not unruly at all but they were there and nobody asked them to leave.

Also, the service at in posh was not that good at the bar. There was a friendly waitress named Carol but the 2 male bar tenders were miserable!

I wouldn't buy a posh pass again. It was too crowded

I bought a posh pass last week on the Epic. There were kids up there daily. Probably 12 teenagers were in and out many were lounging around. They were not unruly at all but they were there and nobody asked them to leave.

Also, the service at in posh was not that good at the bar. There was a friendly waitress named Carol but the 2 male bar tenders were miserable!

Thank you!! Thank you for confirming it was too crowded!

Thats not normal up there...but it was last week! NCL should acknowledge this and realize their limits on how many passes they can sell and WHEN!!!!!

Edited by familyof4cruising

You need to go to front desk and buy the pass as soon as you board, we were lucky last time as we went straight away but missed out on our previous cruise, if it is to crowded you can go and ask for your money back, most people love it too much to do that.

It's so funny that I had the opposite experience at the Posh bar last week. Mr.G was the best bartender we have had on any cruise.

It's so funny that I had the opposite experience at the Posh bar last week. Mr.G was the best bartender we have had on any cruise.

I'll second that for Mr. G. Yes he is quiet but a great guy and great bartender. Three couples had champagne from the suites that we did not drink. He told us to bring them to Posh the next day. He made champagne and mango drinks for us. He also ordered a fruit tray for us. Many people asked for special drinks and he made them.

Maybe they were over 18? Or is the posh age limit 16?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
How much is the pass for posh? If you are booked in a suite do you automatically have access?

Also does the Dawn have this area.

Tan

Thanks!

Tam

Access to the Posh area is free if you are in the Haven. I paid $60 in December for the whole week. It was not crowded then and well worth it for the solitude. I am told that they sell only 20 passes in addition to the Haven guests. Don't know about the Dawn.

How much is the pass for posh? If you are booked in a suite do you automatically have access?

Also does the Dawn have this area.

Only Epic has Posh. Breakaway has similar venue called Vibe. Not present on other ships.

Just returned off the Epic today, purchased the pass for a week, and only saw 2 other couples all week.....very quiet.

Very relaxing and quiet though, spent a few book hours up there each day...superb

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 year later...
Can someone please clarify what the benefits of the Posh passes are? Pool, jacuzzi? Not sure what they are for?

You get a padded lounger, smoothies, fruit skewers & a bartender. They only sell a limited # of passes so you are guaranteed a chair which can be a big deal on Epic because chairs are at a premium. If you are not in the 1st boarding group, it's unlikely that you will get one.

We sailed on Epic last March. The cost was $49.00 for 7 nights.

The only time it was crowded was during the sailaway which included free appetizers and drinks.

Other than that, it was usually fairly quiet. The only kids I saw were two youngsters who were brought in briefly by their parents.

The bar crew was very friendly but not obtrusive. There was always a variety of seating and lounging places. There is also a upper deck which can be a little windy.

As to food, you can take the private elevator down to outside buffet and bring it back. I think I also saw service by the bar staff.

You have a great view of the very crowded pool deck below.