Small Gift Idea's for Group of cruisers

sbnuggie

Howdy,

I am kind of organizing our merry little band of travellers for our cruise in May and was thinking about getting everyone a little gift pre-cruise or for the cruise and was looking for some ideas. I just stumbled on an ad here on Cruise Critic for luggage tag holders that are sold over on the amazon. a pack of 8 for about $16 or so, got me to thinking about some other ideas, just a little info about our group.

17 people total:

5 kids ages 7 - 11

9 adults/parents ages.... well, that really doesnt matter anymore.

3 young adults, 19-21yrs old.

And, I'm sorry, we just aren't into the matching t-shirt's thing, I know it's some people's thing, just not our cup of tea.

Any thoughts.

When we travel as a "tribe" as we call it, matching shirts. I know it sounds hokey, but when you are in port, it is so easy to find all your members. At Thanksgiving we all went to Disney, my sister got us neon yellow, no trouble keeping up with the group, people would helpfully point out, hey the rest of your group is over there.:D

Howdy,

And, I'm sorry, we just aren't into the matching t-shirt's thing, I know it's some people's thing, just not our cup of tea.

Any thoughts.

When we travel as a "tribe" as we call it, matching shirts. I know it sounds hokey, but when you are in port, it is so easy to find all your members. At Thanksgiving we all went to Disney, my sister got us neon yellow, no trouble keeping up with the group, people would helpfully point out, hey the rest of your group is over there.:D

NOT their "cup of tea".

I'm the organizer of my groups cruise. Our last cruise was out of Orlando and I found a Ross Dept store down the street from our hotel. I purchased plastic cups with the straws and the larger coffee cups with lids. They cost was about $2.99 to $4.99 for various sizes! I put a description of each cup in a bag and everyone drew one. It was great, and people traded off if they wanted a different cup. It was nice to be able to put your juices and coffee in a larger cups. :D

on my cruise last Oct., for our group I put together a bunch of little gifts bags, some of the items were.....

Flip flop key chains....amazon

Flip flop sticky pads.....amazon

Island motif pens on a lanyard...amazon

Small canvas flip flop tote bags....amazon

Went to A C Moore (Micheals) and pick up small 2/3 oz corked bottles, bought some island scrapbook decals and put them on them (for collecting a very small amount of sand from their favorite island beach, as a momento)

Just search amazon for some items:D

Search for...

Flip flops

Tropical

Beach, etc...

Oriental trading will also give you some ideas.

One or two of the above items will cost you under $2/$3 per person.

This is especially if your group will buy the soda sticker, but ou don't have to. I like the idea of matching plastic cups. If you have time, you could have something printed on them, like the name of the ship, sail date, etc.

in your area...... I get a box(12) of flashlights. they are oval, ..a little fatter than a cellphone, have a hook to hang, or stand, 24 bulb LED circular light face in front, a small headlight on one end, a strong magnet on the back. dark blue in color..and come packed in styro box for easy packing. I paid t/tax $42. If you buy them separate, they are about $5-6 each. One on my fridge, one in my travel tote.

Chapstick. People who are not in the sun a lot do not realize how much they will need this.

I like the Visor idea - you can get them at Michaels craft store - the foam kind - run about $1.00/piece and come in all colors.

Also the lanyards - you can get at Walmart for under $2.00.

Definitely check out Oriental Trading like a previous poster said. Most things sold in bulk and therefore quite inexpensive!

I've done the travel mugs as well - plain - and bought stickers from the scrapbooking dept. at Michael's, Walmart, wherever and everyone decorated their own mug.

The younger kids would probably like to do that with some kind of cup with straw? Put their names on them, etc.

I love doing things like this so looking for some new ideas for our next cruise too!

Good luck

Someone from our group made each of us a name card for our cabin door - laminating them and putting magnets on the back - they stuck on the metal door with ease. No last names. Really helped us to find each others rooms without having to remember cabin numbers.

Archived