Can I board the ship earlier than my 130 boarding time?

psadvocate

I have to bring my rental car back by 10am, and I thought I could just hop in line as soon as we got to the boat like we did on RC, but I've heard some people say I'll be turned away until 1:30pm. Does anyone have any knowledge to this? I tried to buy a Faster to Fun pass but they are unfortunately sold out!

There's no specific boarding time for anyone--they have to debark all the previous passengers and get ready for the new crop. I've been on the ship as early as about 11:00 and as late as 2:00. I think the 1:30 you're hearing is for the rooms to be ready and that if you try to go to your room before then, they won't let you...??

We were just on the Freedom and had bought the FTTF. One of the perks is to let you get Priority Boarding. We got an e-mail telling us not to show up until at least 1:30. Needless to say, we ignored the letter. They send them out trying to avoid everybody showing up at the same time. Most people ignore them.

I've never really heard of anyone being turned away before 1:30. We have always arrived at the port between 10 and 11 and are on board no later than 12:15. Now, if the ship was delayed getting into port, then I can understand that maybe someone was turned away (i.e., like the Fascination getting to Jacksonville late after her dry dock). Carnival does try to discourage coming to the port too early. If it's raining, some ports you will find yourself standing outside and getting wet because the terminal may be small, or in Port Canaveral, I think we arrived before they even unlocked the terminal doors to let new passengers in.

They send these emails out to everyone to try and get the few that will listen pay attention to it to get to the ship later to avoid the rush of people getting there earlier. We recieved the same email for our last cruise got there around 11 breezed right through till we go our "number" for boarding then sat there for a little over an hour in an extremely hot room till we were allowed to board. For our next cruise we bought the FTTF package, we get on right after the platinum and diamond people.

On our last cruise (with a very large and tight) roll call, we got the message to be there to baord at 1:30, some got a message for 1, others, for 12. they say the 1:30 because everyone is so excited to get on board, that they are hoping that not everyone shows up at 11 a.m.. But I have read over and over that if you show up later, your wait is less, but heck-I want lunch!

Cruisetime:)

We checked out our hotel grabbed a taxi and headed for the ship. Embarkation was just starting 11:00 . We signed in got our cards and were on Lido deck by 11:50. The cabins were not ready till 1:30. Once on Lido with a drink and food in hand. Let the cruise begin. Enjoy your cruise.

Addicted to cruising trying to decide:rolleyes:

kruise runner:cool:

Wedding parties, Platinum, Diamond cruisers, those with special needs, and those that have purchased FTTF will be allowed to board first, as each group is called. When you check in at the port, unless you fall into one of these categories, you'll be given a card with a zone/boarding number. The reason Carnival suggests a certain time to arrive is so that (A.) there aren't several thousand people all in the terminal at the same time waiting to board, and (B.) there aren't several thousand people all at one time on the Lido deck dragging around their carry-ons, waiting in line at the buffet to get some food, and then trying to find a table where they can sit down and eat. So, unless you arrive early and get a zone number lower than 5, or arrive a little later, like after 1:00 p.m., be really patient and expect to wait in some long lines.

Wedding parties, Platinum, Diamond cruisers, those with special needs, and those that have purchased FTTF will be allowed to board first, as each group is called. When you check in at the port, unless you fall into one of these categories, you'll be given a card with a zone/boarding number. The reason Carnival suggests a certain time to arrive is so that (A.) there aren't several thousand people all in the terminal at the same time waiting to board, and (B.) there aren't several thousand people all at one time on the Lido deck dragging around their carry-ons, waiting in line at the buffet to get some food, and then trying to find a table where they can sit down and eat. So, unless you arrive early and get a zone number lower than 5, or arrive a little later, like after 1:00 p.m., be really patient and expect to wait in some long lines.

Suites. Unless things have changed in the last few weeks. We have never not boarded first thing. Never had a card with a number.

Suites. Unless things have changed in the last few weeks. We have never not boarded first thing. Never had a card with a number.

Sorry. The oversight wasn't intentional. Since there a limited number of suites, I guess I forgot them when listing the others that get priority boarding.

I've never had to wait in a long time or get a zone number. I hope I can always be that lucky!

Archived