Tuesday Sale Question

I'm getting ready to book my first tuesday sale and I wanted to know a few things before I do. On the flyer, it says to call RCI . Do I have to call or can I just book through computer. Since I am assuming I have to call, what time do they open? I don't think there is much availability and I want to make sure I get it. I am on the east coast. I understand that I can combine the sale with my balcony discount. Thanks for all the great help I've gotten over the years! :)

I'm getting ready to book my first tuesday sale and I wanted to know a few things before I do. On the flyer, it says to call RCI . Do I have to call or can I just book through computer. Since I am assuming I have to call, what time do they open? I don't think there is much availability and I want to make sure I get it. I am on the east coast. I understand that I can combine the sale with my balcony discount. Thanks for all the great help I've gotten over the years! :)

You should be able to book on the web. Also, being a C&A member, you can book on Monday instead of waiting for Tuesday. However, if you do want to book on Monday, I'm not sure if the web will have sale prices. If you check the web and the sale prices are not reflected, then put a courtesy hold on your booking and call Royal to get the sale price applied.

I thought I read that reservations were open 24 hours now, so I'd call as early as you can Monday. One caution though - do not put a hold on a booking before Monday because then it won't count as a new booking.

I have seen them on the web early in the morning on Mondays. You have to log onto your account and go into the C and A section under sepcial offers and it will say C and A Preview sale.

Yes the reservation department is open 24/7 now

I have seen them on the web early in the morning on Mondays. You have to log onto your account and go into the C and A section under sepcial offers and it will say C and A Preview sale.

Yes the reservation department is open 24/7 now

Thanks for that Ellen, I didn't even think of logging in to the C&A section to see sale prices!:)

Here is a question. A cruise we have booked has been on the tuesday sale the past 2 weeks. I guess there was not enough booking through last weeks special. What is the chances of the price dropping after this weeks sale if not enough categories are sold?

Here is a question. A cruise we have booked has been on the tuesday sale the past 2 weeks. I guess there was not enough booking through last weeks special. What is the chances of the price dropping after this weeks sale if not enough categories are sold?

No way to tell. I saw an April cruise on Explorer that dropped the JS price $250pp for the sale. I could tell they did not sell many JS staterooms for the sale, but after the sale the price went right back up. You just cannot tell what their computer booking models are going to do.

I have seen that happen.

Oh my, 24 hours! That means I should call tonight at midnight, not a moment before! Oh, please be available! Momma needs a cruise! I am diamond, but, have never used the balcony discount. The only balcony I was ever in was for Mom's 80th birthday last year on HAL to Hawaii. I have never been to a diamond lounge or event, either. I'm letting my benefits slip away! ;)

I just waited 20 minutes on international call to be told that the preview sale is for new bookings only.

I thought I had been following the boards and understood that after final payment I could pay up to sale on higher category cabin.

I have outside G and wanted a D1 on my 12 day TA that would have been just $240 more and was refused,p

The RCCL agent said only for NEW bookings.

Have iI missunderstood?

I just waited 20 minutes on international call to be told that the preview sale is for new bookings only.

I thought I had been following the boards and understood that after final payment I could pay up to sale on higher category cabin.

I have outside G and wanted a D1 on my 12 day TA that would have been just $240 more and was refused,p

The RCCL agent said only for NEW bookings.

Have iI missunderstood?

From accounts I have read here, the people who were successful paying up to get a stateroom on sale always had to escalate the call to the resolutions department.

From accounts I have read here, the people who were successful paying up to get a stateroom on sale always had to escalate the call to the resolutions department.

Well, there were 13 cabins prior, now 3. i see no text that is new bookings only and was offered the same deal just 10 days ago on balcolny gty, now D1.

You do not know email to resolutions? I am traveling and very expensive to call usa from cell phone.

Thanks.

Well, there were 13 cabins prior, now 3. i see no text that is new bookings only and was offered the same deal just 10 days ago on balcolny gty, now D1.

You do not know email to resolutions? I am traveling and very expensive to call usa from cell phone.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, I have no email for the Resolutions Department.

I have never heard of an email for Resolutions and even if there was one by the time they get to it all cabins would most likely be gone. I would just try and call and ask for the Resolution department.

Usually RCL is pretty good about changing things as long as they are getting more $$. We even got to change a cruise after final payment to another one that cost more $$.

Thanks.

Another possible complication is that I'm citing experiences from US based bookings, and the rules might be different for European based bookings.

Another possible complication is that I'm citing experiences from US based bookings, and the rules might be different for European based bookings.

I have a US booking on my American residence, but live and work abroad.

I have been waiting for this, missed out now. Funny is did this without problem on last swiss booking, but as booked this onboard had on US billing.

I have been following these sales for weeks and see no terms and conditions and was bookable when logged in online, so thought i could do the paid upgrade.

Thanks again. I am basically happy with cabin, but just dont like all that was offered the upgrade by one agent 2 weeks ago and now told no.

Terms and Conditions:

The Royal Caribbean Sales Event and Crown and Anchor Preview Sale programs are valid for new individual bookings only.

It does say new bookings only....first sentence under terms and conditions....Sorry! :(

No problem, but where are the terms? I was misled only by other thread here and an offer from rep on another sale 2 weeks ago. When tried to go check only paragraph at top and then no terms.

Archived