Princess Insurance

Cruisin' Grandma

Do you have to purchase the Princess Insurance at the time of booking or can you wait until you have made final payment?

TIA

I don't purchase trip insurance until the cancellation period begins which I believe would be at final payment.

Do you have to purchase the Princess Insurance at the time of booking or can you wait until you have made final payment?
You can add it to your booking at any time and pay for it at final payment. Until then, there's no penalty for canceling a booking.

I'm using Princess insurance for the first time. Generally I get insurance from another company, but since I'm now platinum, I decided to use Princess. I was always under the impression that you had to pay for the insurance at booking, or within 14 days, or there was a pre-existing condition clause? My TA said I could wait until final payment, but I still paid for it at booking. I have too many pre-existing conditions to take a chance! Plus, that's less that I have to pay in August.

I'm using Princess insurance for the first time. Generally I get insurance from another company, but since I'm now platinum, I decided to use Princess. I was always under the impression that you had to pay for the insurance at booking, or within 14 days, or there was a pre-existing condition clause? My TA said I could wait until final payment, but I still paid for it at booking. I have too many pre-existing conditions to take a chance! Plus, that's less that I have to pay in August.

I, too, am platinum and get the better insurance at the regular price. My TA has always told me that the insurance needs to be paid within a few days of the booking. I was under the impression that it had something to do with pre-existing conditions. Like you, DH and I both have a few health issues. I have read on the boards in the last few days of folks that choose not to purchase the insurance. Losing the cost of the cruise could be minor to the cost of a day or two in the ship's medical center or transportation to a medical facility at a port or in the worse case, med flight from the ship. Insurance is the security blanket of protection for "what ifs". I just cannot imagine cruising without insurance...just MHO!

TIA

Per the Princess website.. http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp#Princess_Vacation_Protection

Princess Vacation Protection is available for purchase up to the final payment due date of the voyage' date=' even if your booking is already paid in full. So protect your investment with Princess Vacation Protection or Princess Platinum Vacation Protection!

[/quote']

But to cover pre-existing conditions, don't you have to pay for it earlier in case the conditions change before final payment date?

I believe there is a 60 day pre-existing clause, no matter when you buy it before final payment. We now buy CSA which waives pre-existing conditions as long as you buy the insurance at or within 24 hrs. of final payment. Also keep in mind that many insurance companies consider the date you buy an FCC as the down payment on a cruise, even if you don't book a cruise at that time.

Archived