Priority boarding? Your opinion

SAN

Last time we had priority boarding, the other couple ,with out priority boarding, got on board the ship before us. So, do you think priority boarding is worth getting in line for?

Thanks

I look at the length of the lines and then decide. Remember, priority includes Suites, AQ, Conceirge and Elites. that means only non Elites in Inside, Outside and Balcony don't get it.

Sometimes that's the minority.

Last time we had priority boarding, the other couple ,with out priority boarding, got on board the ship before us. So, do you think priority boarding is worth getting in line for?

Thanks

I'm an Elite Captains Club member...and always go to the Elite line...and usually get a good laugh because the "ordinary" line moves faster...

Problem is they'll have one agent handling the Elites and Suites...and, like twenty, handling the ordinary line...so, the Elite/Suite agent hits a snag and everything stops...but the ordinary line just keeps moving...

Eventually, they notice our frustration and direct us to any open agent...

BUT...they SHOULD do this from the start...direct ALL Elites and Suites to the next open agent...

No reason your non-Elite shipmates should get what amounts to priority...

BTW, last cruise, we were on RCCL--where we are both Diamond directly AND by virtue of our X status...We thought we were sailing right on through--- but my older daughter made the mistake of trying to be TOO honest when filling out the "health questionnaire"...she has allergies--just like about 60% of everyone else... So she foolishly answered the runny nose question as "yes"...they pulled us aside and made us wait about 45 minutes while they located the ship's nurse...who then took one look at her (she's 28 years old, works out constantly, in perfect shape and as far from unhealthy as anyone you'll ever meet) and let us board...finally. I'm thinking " a lot of good our priority boarding got us! "...

The priority is a joke. Just join the shortest line you qualify for. I mean, if you are in a Suite or are Elite and those lines are longer, get in the regular line.

I really don't believe the Elite or Suite lines move faster, as a previous poster said, they have fewer agents. Its one of those "perks" that really don't amount to much.

But there are others that do!

We had a suite for a b2b on the Constellation in January, checked all the lines and both the Suites and Elite lines were really backed up. Went to our deck line and no wait at all, had a good chuckle. Sometimes being special means nothing.

Does Priority get you on the ship earlier?

And when we leave, we leave knowing the ship will finalize boarding at 4Pm, set sail at 5pm, and state rooms ready at 1Pm. why rush when you got all day. We walk on board like a lady and a gentleman, no line s at all.

Archived