CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

Now that the mass panic has started to settle down, I want to give all of you something to think about.

WHAT HAS CNN DONE TO US WITH THEIR REPORTING??? Of course we are too smart to fall for a scam, aren't we???

Just CNN?????

CNN may have blown the cruise thing totally out of proportion, but news over actual important things is totally screwed up as well.

My advice is watch MINIMAL.

I think it does far more harm than good....Most of it is like reality TV. It's total trash.

PUHLEEEZE !!! Have you been away from your TV and CC ??:rolleyes:

Well, now that informative response caused me to stop and think and I believe I see the connection. "War of the Worlds" with aliens landing in New Jersey, TV, CC, Carnival problems. Yes, it all makes sense.

Ref the comments about Orson Welles War of the Worlds. That broadcast did not panic everyone --- just as CNN didn't panic EVERYONE. Only those who didn't sort out the nonsense from the facts stampeded and paniced.

The number of cancellations on Carnival cruises sort of speaks for the number of those who were stampeded by the news.

The article on the link I provided was not all about Welles broadcast. It referenced some later events that fell into the same category of panic inducing news stories.

Ref the comments about Orson Welles War of the Worlds. That broadcast did not panic everyone --- just as CNN didn't panic EVERYONE. Only those who didn't sort out the nonsense from the facts stampeded and paniced.

The number of cancellations on Carnival cruises sort of speaks for the number of those who were stampeded by the news.

The article on the link I provided was not all about Welles broadcast. It referenced some later events that fell into the same category of panic inducing news stories.

If only the Daily Planet was still around; Jimmy, Lois and Clark could be dispatched to get to the real truth!

Sidari --- Thanks for the link. I am glad to see Carnival stepping up to the plate to refute some of the hype from the media !!!

LOL - "media- hype", the most over used phrase in the English language. Only the people with all the intelligence and real answers can see beyond beyond it.

It's good to know they're beginning a preventive maintenance program!

Hopefully it will spread to the rest of the ship...

They have a maintenance program. They are doing a full safety review

Sent using my Commodore 64

Incidents.png

Is there any supporting data or further detail? Given the wide range of fleet size, reports of incidents on a fleet basis, rather than as a factor of numbers of ships is of little value. Cunard seems to have a small slice, but as they only have three ships, their share, the same as Celebrity's with eleven ships, make them seem much more at risk.

Is there any supporting data or further detail? Given the wide range of fleet size, reports of incidents on a fleet basis, rather than as a factor of numbers of ships is of little value. Cunard seems to have a small slice, but as they only have three ships, their share, the same as Celebrity's with eleven ships, make them seem much more at risk.

The graph was offered with as much background as you've offered to support your conclusions.

Archived